Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/30/2015 10:30 am  #1

Dukes add 2 more recruits

The Dukes have added 6' 3" transfer, Judith Sole, from Bobby Mo and a 5' 10" guard, Juca Vojinovic from Serbia.  There will be a total of 8 new faces on the Dukes' team next season.  

Of course, Judith will have to sit out a year.  I can recall Judith's performance against the Dukes last season.  She was very impressive, scoring 23 pts. and grabbing 17 rebounds.  After the game was over, I can recall wishing that the Dukes could get a player of her caliber.  She will have two years of eligibility.

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/043015aab.html 

Last edited by godukes1970 (4/30/2015 10:48 am)

4/30/2015 5:48 pm  #2

Re: Dukes add 2 more recruits

Sole is another excellent pick up.  She started 23 games for RMU last year.  And I was at the RMU game too and she was impressive.

4/30/2015 6:45 pm  #3

Re: Dukes add 2 more recruits

duqkurt wrote:

Sole is another excellent pick up. She started 23 games for RMU last year. And I was at the RMU game too and she was impressive.

I spoke to Coach Dan after the Dukes' game at Bobby Mo or maybe it was after the Dukes' next home game, and I commented to him about how well Sole performed against the Dukes, especially when you consider that she was only a sophomore.  He agreed with me.  

I'm curious as to what made her decide to leave Robert Morris and what led her to want to transfer to Duquesne.  I'm guessing that she might have wanted to play for a team in a much higher ranked or regarded conference than the NEC. Clearly the A-10 meets that criterion. If her goals are to play professional b-ball in Europe, she was probably aware that Duquesne has provided a number of players the experience to be successful in playing on European professional teams.  Or maybe she liked the Dukes' fight song better than Bobby Mo's.  Anyway, she seems like a very good addition.  The year off will give her the opportunity to spend more time in the weight room to improve her strength.

Last edited by godukes1970 (4/30/2015 8:08 pm)

Board footera