Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2015 3:14 pm  #1

matty mcconnell

Going to  rmu.  Interesting

Last edited by lilpav30 (3/07/2015 3:14 pm)

3/07/2015 3:34 pm  #2

Re: matty mcconnell

Please let posts about this family go away.   No offense to lil pav if I never hear the names Serio or McConnell the rest of my life again I will be good.

Last edited by duqkurt (3/07/2015 3:36 pm)

3/07/2015 3:36 pm  #3

Good for him. He deserves a D-1 scholarship ride.  And when his senior night comes, we won't have to read about his whining father asking the PIAA for an exception to move a Chartier Valley (or wherever he may be coaching) playoff game to another night to accomodate his being able to attend his son's senior night.  Instead he can coerce Andy Toole into having senior night become senior day!!

3/07/2015 5:24 pm  #4

I hope no one thought he might come here.

3/07/2015 6:37 pm  #5

grammudder wrote:

Good for him. He deserves a D-1 scholarship ride.  And when his senior night comes, we won't have to read about his whining father asking the PIAA for an exception to move a Chartier Valley (or wherever he may be coaching) playoff game to another night to accomodate his being able to attend his son's senior night.  Instead he can coerce Andy Toole into having senior night become senior day!!

Sorry G-Man I have to disagree as we always do! Toole will start him as a frosh  make him rookie of the year NEC & Timbo will ship his kid to Archie Miller either at Dayton or Texas who according to a good source is going to throw a boat load of cash to get Miller. If I was Andy I would string the kid out slowly. I love Ron but he never understood the McConnell family no loyalty. But TJ bolting was not the reason behind RE's termination. In fact I would not be surprised if 3 current players transfer. Is it coach Ferrys fault no! Starts at the top. I guarantee this kid will never stay at RMU until graduation.

3/07/2015 8:09 pm  #6

Ironduke1981 wrote:

grammudder wrote:

Sorry G-Man I have to disagree as we always do! Toole will start him as a frosh make him rookie of the year NEC & Timbo will ship his kid to Archie Miller either at Dayton or Texas who according to a good source is going to throw a boat load of cash to get Miller. If I was Andy I would string the kid out slowly. I love Ron but he never understood the McConnell family no loyalty. But TJ bolting was not the reason behind RE's termination. In fact I would not be surprised if 3 current players transfer. Is it coach Ferrys fault no! Starts at the top. I guarantee this kid will never stay at RMU until graduation.

TJ bolting was not the reason RE got fired, but it opened the door. I believe GA wanted to get rid of Ron, but he couldn't just do it. He needed an opening. TJ leaving gave it to him.

3/14/2015 11:04 pm  #7

Speaking of boatloads of money, here's a guy I would throw boatloads of money at to replace Ferry:  Note the Conference and out of conference records:

Also note the quality of the opponents too.   He's beating teams way above NEC level!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Underwood

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (3/14/2015 11:05 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/15/2015 12:04 am  #8

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Speaking of boatloads of money, here's a guy I would throw boatloads of money at to replace Ferry:  Note the Conference and out of conference records:

Also note the quality of the opponents too.   He's beating teams way above NEC level!

Tejas, in addition to Brad Underwood at Stephen F Austin (who are going to the NCAAs twice in his first two seasons), there's another coach in the Southland Conference that looks pretty good, Jason Hooten at Sam Houston St.  SHS have been floating around the Top 20 teams in the country in Defensive Efficiency, and it's hard for schools from the lower conferences to even crack the top 50 in this stat.

3/15/2015 12:57 pm  #9

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Tejas, in addition to Brad Underwood at Stephen F Austin (who are going to the NCAAs twice in his first two seasons), there's another coach in the Southland Conference that looks pretty good, Jason Hooten at Sam Houston St.  SHS have been floating around the Top 20 teams in the country in Defensive Efficiency, and it's hard for schools from the lower conferences to even crack the top 50 in this stat.

Wow, and Jim Ferry's best teams never even cracked the 200 threshold!  This program just depresses me to no end!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

Board footera