Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/14/2015 3:49 pm  #1

Dukes will play St. Francis for the NEC Championship on Saturday

Because Sacred Heart, a fine Catholic college, beat Bryant 28-19 today, and St. Francis pounded Bobby Mo, 21-0, the game at Rooney Field on Saturday at noon will be for all the NEC marbles between the Dukes, 7-3 (4-1) and St. Francis, 7-3 (4-1).  The game will be on ESPN3 for those of you who are unable to get to the Bluff.  It will be an all-western PA battle!

GO DUKES!  Beat the Red out of the Red Flash!

Last edited by godukes1970 (11/15/2015 10:58 pm)

11/14/2015 4:00 pm  #2

Re: Dukes will play St. Francis for the NEC Championship on Saturday

Huge result.  St Francis wil be tough.  They played Bryant close. 

Easy to say that will be the biggest game for DU at the FCS level.  Go Dukes!

11/15/2015 7:25 am  #3

What do they get if they win the NEC championship, besides accolades and a pat on the head? An auto berth in the FCS playoff?

11/15/2015 8:02 am  #4

Yes a bid to the FCS tournament.

11/15/2015 7:35 pm  #5

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20151115121749698507704  

STATS-FCS' prediction is that the Dukes will play William & Mary of the CAA in the first round, and the winner of that game would likely play Costal Carolina.  Of course, the Dukes must first beat St. Francis.  According to Sagarin's latest rankings, the Dukes-Red Flash game will be a pick 'em.  Interestingly Real Time RPI has the Dukes' beating the Red Flash. 27-15.  We shall see!

11/15/2015 9:18 pm  #6

godukes1970 wrote:

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20151115121749698507704  

STATS-FCS' prediction is that the Dukes will play William & Mary of the CAA in the first round, and the winner of that game would likely play Costal Carolina.  Of course, the Dukes must first beat St. Francis.  According to Sagarin's latest rankings, the Dukes-Red Flash game will be a pick 'em.  Interestingly Real Time RPI has the Dukes' beating the Red Flash. 27-15.  We shall see!

Good stuff.   If we win,  I knew we would play a first round game against one of the top 8 seeds.   Costal Carolina is projected to be a 7.   I thought for sure the winner would play a number 2 or 3 seed. 

That shows a far amount of respect for the NEC champ.

Last edited by duqkurt (11/15/2015 9:19 pm)

11/15/2015 9:28 pm  #7

College Sports Madness website has DU playing at Montana and then eventually the Number 1 seed Jackson State.   Big disparity in those projections. That would technically make the NEC winner the last seed

But beating SFU needs to happen first.

11/16/2015 11:41 am  #8

Hopefully the team is healthy after a bye week and ready to play on Saturday.

11/16/2015 4:07 pm  #9

The Dukes are still listed among the Others getting votes in the STATS FCS Poll that was released today.  The Dukes' received 13 votes, the same as last week:   No other team from the NEC received any votes in this poll.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/polls.asp?div=fcs=16px.

11/17/2015 6:09 pm  #10

Steel city AJ wrote:

who cares...

No one cares that you don't care!  

I believe that the best way of showing disinterest in a post is to ignore it and post nothing.  Oops!  Looks like I may have acted contrary to my own advice by responding to your post.  However, it's clear you need a little advice on proper etiquette.  

Board footera