Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2019 1:45 pm  #1

Richmond - George Washington - St. Louis

Looking at the game yesterday, one could say that TDM, EW, Weathers, Sincere, and Mr. Hughes could easily be the starting five.  However, other than Sincere and Eric, the other 3 will continue to be interchanged.  Against Davidson, F. Hughes was awesome.  Yesterday, Tavian was awesome. We are lucky to have so many interchangeable pieces.  Some days it is Kelly as the better reliever and other days Austin.  

This next 3 game stretch will test all of that.  0-3 would kill us emotionally (maybe I'm talking about myself!) and with two of the games away, 3-0 is a wish but maybe not realistic.  We better win "1" and there is no reason we can't win 2.  The Wednesday - Sunday - Wednesday grind starts though.

1/13/2019 6:39 pm  #2

Re: Richmond - George Washington - St. Louis

FAM wrote:

Looking at the game yesterday, one could say that TDM, EW, Weathers, Sincere, and Mr. Hughes could easily be the starting five.  However, other than Sincere and Eric, the other 3 will continue to be interchanged.  Against Davidson, F. Hughes was awesome.  Yesterday, Tavian was awesome. We are lucky to have so many interchangeable pieces.  Some days it is Kelly as the better reliever and other days Austin.  

This next 3 game stretch will test all of that.  0-3 would kill us emotionally (maybe I'm talking about myself!) and with two of the games away, 3-0 is a wish but maybe not realistic.  We better win "1" and there is no reason we can't win 2.  The Wednesday - Sunday - Wednesday grind starts though.

I don't think TDM can be in the starting unit and I think you are undervaluing Hughes.  KD wants to play thru the middle and only Hughes has that skill set right now.

One benefit of playing through the middle....it will attract some of the best centers in HS (not the polished one and done type).  Very few teams give as much responsibility to the center as KD and that should be a magnet for big guys who can handle the ball and score.  

Last edited by Dsnyder15 (1/13/2019 7:25 pm)

1/13/2019 8:04 pm  #3

I am for whatever works.

1/13/2019 8:39 pm  #4

[b][b]"One benefit of playing through the middle....it will attract some of the best centers in HS (not the polished one and done type).  Very few teams give as much responsibility to the center as KD and that should be a magnet for big guys who can handle the ball and score."

This is precisely what James Ellis will provide in futuro.  I say  this based on his high school performances and a couple of practices he was allowed to participate in prior to the official ncaa start in October.  He will be a dominant force inside. 
[/b][/b]

1/14/2019 7:48 am  #5

Obviously SLU is the big one of those 3, but only if we at least split with Richie and GW.  But if you look at the 3 games after that, nothing is easy with VCU and URI and @Dayton.  This is where the rubber meets the road, to borrow a Tomlinism.

Board footera