Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/15/2019 10:01 pm  #1

Game Thread - Richmond Spiders

7:00pm EST tip on Wednesday 01/16/2019 at the Robins Center, Richmond, VA.
Per KenPom:
Dukes #180 (11-5; 2-1) vs Richmond Spiders #190 (7-9; 1-2) - Atlantic 10 Conference
Game prediction: Dukes lose by 3, 73-70 - Dukes with 41% probability of a win.
Betting line: Dukes are 3 point underdogs; Over/Under 144½
Duquesne 5-10-1 Against the Spread: Richmond 7-9 ATS

Dukes Best Win(s): Marshall (132); Radford (137)
Dukes Worst Loss(es): NJIT (171); Notre Dame (79); Davidson (77)
Richmond Best Win(s): Wake Forest (161); IUPUI (194)
Richmond Worst Loss(es): Wyoming (298); Oral Roberts (285); Longwood (268)

Four Factors ==> Effective field goal percentage; Turnover percentage; Offensive rebounding percentage; Free throw rate (shown below if team has Top 100 ranking overall or top 4 in conference as a strength; if team has Bottom 100 ranking or bottom 4 in conference as a weakness)

Here's a look at Richmond for the season (national ranking out of 353 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Turnover % (26); Effective FG % (67)
Offensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (341); FT Rate (264)
Defensive Strength:  Offensive Rebound % (92); FT Rate (99)
Defensive Weakness:  Effective FG% (279)

Here's a look at Richmond in the A-10 (conference ranking out of 14 teams):
Offensive Strength:  None
Offensive Weakness:  FT Rate (11)
Defensive Strength:  None
Defensive Weakness:  Effective FG% (11); Turnover % (12)

Here's a look at the Dukes for the season (national ranking out of 353 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Offensive Rebound % (77)
Offensive Weakness:  Turnover % (283)
Defensive Strength:  Turnover % (17)
Defensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (298)

Here's a look at the Dukes in the A-10 (conference ranking out of 14 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Effective FG% (2)
Offensive Weakness:  None
Defensive Strength:  FT Rate (3)
Defensive Weakness:  Effective FG% (10); Offensive Rebound % (12)

Points per Possession and Number of Possessions
Richmond Adj Offense Efficiency - 105.4; 135 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Defense Efficiency - 102.4; 154 in D-1
Richmond Adj Defense Efficiency - 108.1; 279 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Offense Efficiency - 101.1; 219 in D-1
Richmond Adj Tempo - 66.3; 295 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Tempo - 70.1; 113 in D-1

Miscellaneous
Experience - Richmond 1.16 yrs; 315 in D-1; Dukes 0.69 yrs; 348 in D-1
Average Height - Richmond 76.6"; 207 in D-1; Dukes 75.9"; 299 in D-1

1/16/2019 10:54 am  #2

Re: Game Thread - Richmond Spiders

2nd straight game against a team very good at taking care of the ball. SJU was #1 in the country but the Dukes got a victory in that regarding forcing 13 TOs.

Grant Golden averages 18/7 down low.

Their rotation looks to be a lot shorter than ours. Their PG averages 35 minutes and all 5 starters average 29 or more.
*woops, Nick Sherrod is out for the year, his replacement starter gets 20*

Jake Gilyard is their PG and he's 3rd in the nation in steals and 2nd in the conference in assists

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/16/2019 11:14 am  #3

I am tired of hearing about Richmond having our number as if it is some predestined curse.  The Dukes are more than capable of beating any team in this League.  Play the same game as we did against Davidson and we win by double digits.  The Dukes are beginning to really gel with guys playing hard and feeling more comfortable.  I think with Mike Lewis leaving and the bench shortening these guys are embracing their roles.  I also am seeing our transfers shedding the rust and playing with more confidence. I am excited about tonight's game looking for the Dukes ending this Richmond nonsense.  Go Dukes! 

Last edited by CLK (1/16/2019 11:16 am)

1/16/2019 1:16 pm  #4

We Wear the Ring had one of the best stats I've never seen before in their short write-up. UR is 20th in the country in assists to FGM, and Duquesne is 311th in assist to FGM allowed.

I really onder how Dambrot has game planned for this matchup defensively

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/16/2019 1:37 pm  #5

COME ON!!!  Whats all this lyin around shiz?!?!

this 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_lCi8U49mY

cannot defeat this
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&p=duke+of+earl#id=19&vid=83cfaf281a0c5f6a49bbf09a31a81868&action=view

Last edited by townsonkid (1/16/2019 1:44 pm)

1/16/2019 4:03 pm  #6

CLK wrote:

I am tired of hearing about Richmond having our number as if it is some predestined curse.  The Dukes are more than capable of beating any team in this League.  Play the same game as we did against Davidson and we win by double digits.  The Dukes are beginning to really gel with guys playing hard and feeling more comfortable.  I think with Mike Lewis leaving and the bench shortening these guys are embracing their roles.  I also am seeing our transfers shedding the rust and playing with more confidence. I am excited about tonight's game looking for the Dukes ending this Richmond nonsense.  Go Dukes! 

Excellent point on the transfers shedding rust. That really hit me over the head last game for Weathers & F Hughes.

1/16/2019 4:05 pm  #7

I predict a steady diet of zone from Richmond this evening. 

1/16/2019 7:13 pm  #8

Mike Hughes working hard to make Golden irrelevant on offense

1/16/2019 7:16 pm  #9

Keep up the D.

1/16/2019 7:26 pm  #10

Possibly the ugliest opening to a college basketball game I’ve seen. Both teams struggling.

1/16/2019 7:30 pm  #11

They seem to be quicker than us, if the spiders can figure that out in offense. But our length is really upsetting them

1/16/2019 7:32 pm  #12

I see Richmond still runs that moving screen play.

1/16/2019 7:44 pm  #13

Only good thing I see so far is the refs don't seem to be doing us dirty. I'm leaning toward the losing streak continuing at the moment.

1/16/2019 7:55 pm  #14

Mike Hughes did a good job on Golden in the first half.

1/16/2019 8:08 pm  #15

Richmond getting a lot of these penetrating layups. Gilyard is abusing them

1/16/2019 8:08 pm  #16

Gonna think up lyrics to ‘if i only had a brain’ but change to if we could only play a zone.   

Every team can limit our dribble drives but we can limit anyones cause we chase the ball like a cat chases a mouse.

1/16/2019 8:09 pm  #17

Need the defense to play like the first ten minutes not like the last ten.  Need the offense to pick it up.

1/16/2019 8:12 pm  #18

They move the ball well

1/16/2019 8:15 pm  #19

Hopefully, EW can hit some shots in second half. He's struggled mightily with his shooting on the road. Just 6 for 30 this year and 27% for his career which is well below his 38% overall career percentage.

1/16/2019 8:20 pm  #20

Rayrich wrote:

Hopefully, EW can hit some shots in second half. He's struggled mightily with his shooting on the road. Just 6 for 30 this year and 27% for his career which is well below his 38% overall career percentage.

I'd sit Williams down for a couple minutes and see how we do without him. He's not helping at all so far in the 2nd.

1/16/2019 8:26 pm  #21

3s aren't falling. Gotta attack more and QUIT MISSING BUNNIES AT THE RIM

1/16/2019 8:26 pm  #22

WashPaRick wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

I'd sit Williams down for a couple minutes and see how we do without him. He's not helping at all so far in the 2nd.

There's really no one to play his spot.

1/16/2019 8:32 pm  #23

duq81 wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

There's really no one to play his spot.

Not sure but he might of been out for most of this run.

1/16/2019 8:48 pm  #24

Good god this game is good. What a last couple of minutes

1/16/2019 8:55 pm  #25

The Bank Is Open Late For Frank

Board footera