Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/16/2019 9:26 am  #26

Re: Recruiting

Thanks for the clip.  It shows that he can score; which is nice, but that was the focus of the clip.  We need a guy who has a good handle, quickness, can handle ball pressure; and defend.  He must be able to distribute and run the show when SC is resting.  He may have those qualities as well; but we don’t know from the clip.

2/16/2019 10:14 am  #27

levon1975 wrote:

Thanks for the clip. It shows that he can score; which is nice, but that was the focus of the clip. We need a guy who has a good handle, quickness, can handle ball pressure; and defend. He must be able to distribute and run the show when SC is resting. He may have those qualities as well; but we don’t know from the clip.

Levon, I am not pushing this kid.  As I said before, it is my preference that nobody leaves.  I mentioned this kid only in the event a scholarship opens up, and because apparently there is interest from DU.  However, he plays the point, and from other videos I have seen he has the qualities you mentioned.    

Last edited by CLK (2/16/2019 10:21 am)

2/16/2019 11:58 am  #28

Yeah, we could use that kind of player.  Maybe things open up and he remains unsigned.  DU is probably one of the best offers he has, GMASON and Bucknell the others.

2/16/2019 3:47 pm  #29

I have a suspicion that we will see two guys leave the program at the end of the season.  One big and one guard.  At the beginning of the season during all the rotation I would have said more given some negative body language.  However, the team has come together well.  That being said at the last couple of games that I've attended there are two guys that jump out to me as possible transfers.  Won't name names but I think there is a chance we will have another scholarship available. 

2/17/2019 7:48 am  #30

From what I’ve seen in the limited video of Maceo Austin to go along with Sincere, TDM, LN, and BW we are fine at guard for next year.  We could use a guy who could give some rest to Eric and Marcus perhaps at the 3-4 spots; and be a strong rebounder. 
Biz is the interesting guy in my mind.  He can clearly be an offensive weapon; so the challenge is to get him moving his feet, and strong enough to play on the defensive end.  From what I could gather in the VCU game, he has good instincts and understands the game; so it’s just getting him up to the speed of the game on defense.

Board footera