Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/18/2019 5:21 pm  #1

George Mason on Saturday

http://www.masonhoops.com/board/forums/hoops/

George Mason basketball message board is above.   Interesting reads...no smack talk...just objective basketball.  This is their homecoming game on Saturday so it will be a big one.  I think we are pretty evenly matched, however they will have home court advantage.  

I enjoyed reading what they are looking for in their game day experience.  Seems like a lot of folks want the same thing!  But you all knew that.

Last edited by FAM (2/18/2019 5:23 pm)

2/18/2019 5:51 pm  #2

Re: George Mason on Saturday

The Dukes hold their destiny in their own hands.  The next two games are big for the Dukes.  I have said this before, the Dukes are not intimidated playing on the road.  Now is the time for the Dukes to get healthy and then go out and kick ass the next 5 games.  Go Dukes!

2/18/2019 6:13 pm  #3

Did I read this box score correctly from Sunday.....
GMU 56
SBU 79

2/18/2019 6:33 pm  #4

Yes B+1 that was the score.  In fairness to GM they had four players injured.

2/18/2019 7:00 pm  #5

Yep, GMU is pretty banged up and they were playing at Bona.  They also have this week off,This will be a tough but winnable game.

Gu Dukes

2/18/2019 8:23 pm  #6

Can someone please elaborate on how banged up GMU is?  Are there any of their guys already out for our game?

2/18/2019 8:37 pm  #7

If you go to the message board that I provided a link to, there is a lot of talk about a couple of their guys being injured.  However, it is difficult to know if they will play or not on Saturday.  They are also off all week.

2/18/2019 9:50 pm  #8

Calixte, their big man, has missed 2 days on concussion protocol so depending on how that goes, he could play.
Otis Livingston, their star player and leader , hurt his ankle at Bona and did not return.  Status unknown.  Also with various injuries are guards Javon Greene and Ian Boyd.   Long way till weekend so will have to see

2/19/2019 9:12 am  #9

For those of you that don’t live in PGH, this morning I was listening to the Pgh. Sports Station, 93.7 the fan on the way to work.  Through no prompting, no upcoming interview, just general sports talk they mentioned Duquesne University Basketball.  I had to keep the car centered on the road.  They said they were fun to watch, said how good Mike Hughes is, one of them (I think Colony) said he was at the GW game, and they mentioned Eric being A-10 player of the week.  They also said once they start hitting 3’s in a game they are pretty strong.

2/19/2019 11:26 am  #10

Livingston is the key, even if he plays, him not being 100% would be huge.  Sin or TDM or Frank will have to really defend regardless.  If he gets hot, its night-night time.

2/19/2019 4:23 pm  #11

Lot of pessism on that board. Injuries are plaguing the team and they are terrified of coming out flat.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

2/19/2019 10:14 pm  #12

Does anyone know if DU got enough folks to take buses to the game on Saturday?

2/20/2019 10:42 am  #13

The answer to the bus question is  NO!!   Wife and I are driving down to the game and staying over Saturday night.  Will do some sight seeing at selected locations in D.C. (Arlington, NASA center at the Smithsonian.)   Hotel adjacent to the University has good rate.  And, I have asked the athletic department to get us comp tickets.  So far, so good.  
Weather looks good and hopefully we squeeze out a W.  Looking forward to the weekend.

2/20/2019 11:03 am  #14

No they did not. Awful marketing job on the bus. That was part of the season ticket holder package since at least November and they're telling us there's not enough interest in going.

They weren't even *close* to getting the number they needed.

Would still love to go though. Found good seats for $18 yesterday just with no way to get down there

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

2/21/2019 6:21 am  #15

FAM wrote:

Does anyone know if DU got enough folks to take buses to the game on Saturday?

Back in the "Ferry Era" - they planned on a bus trip to Dayton -  I signed up -  figured Dayton would be an interesting place to watch a game - was an early Saturday - game was NOT on television -  Two days before the game - got an e-mail from the Ticket Office - trip was canceled FOUR PEOPLE HAD SIGNED UP!  

2/21/2019 10:50 am  #16

That's improved, I guess. They got around a dozen I think. Maybe more

2/21/2019 1:36 pm  #17

I was either 9th or 10th to sign up and I recruited my friend who went onto really recruit a couple others. So that's where I'm basing my numbers from.

2/22/2019 8:32 am  #18

FAM wrote:

http://www.masonhoops.com/board/forums/hoops/

George Mason basketball message board is above.   Interesting reads...no smack talk...just objective basketball.  This is their homecoming game on Saturday so it will be a big one.  I think we are pretty evenly matched, however they will have home court advantage.  

I enjoyed reading what they are looking for in their game day experience.  Seems like a lot of folks want the same thing!  But you all knew that.

Seems nearly all their gripes might be fixed with their week off.  
Also seems to be that whoever shoots the ball better wins.  
Hopefully Frank, EW and TDM get heated quickly and lasts about 2 hours :-)
Homecoming at hoops game?  Do they not have a football team at GMU?

Last edited by townsonkid (2/22/2019 8:36 am)

2/22/2019 9:22 am  #19

GMU does not have varsity football at any level.  They do have a club football team, similar to what Duquesne had late '60's when football finally returned after a long absence.  

2/22/2019 9:46 am  #20

kcc173 wrote:

GMU does not have varsity football at any level.  They do have a club football team, similar to what Duquesne had late '60's when football finally returned after a long absence.  

I learn something new every day, thanks!

2/22/2019 11:01 am  #21

Livingston (ankle) Greene (finger) Boyd (wrist) Calixte (concussion) are all listed day-to-day.

Grayer (foot) and Mar (foot) are out

2/22/2019 12:52 pm  #22

Going to be driving down to the game.  Rumor has it ...it is almost sold out due to it being their homecoming.

2/22/2019 12:54 pm  #23

yak-rbc wrote:

Livingston (ankle) Greene (finger) Boyd (wrist) Calixte (concussion) are all listed day-to-day.

Grayer (foot) and Mar (foot) are out

Wait til Otis see us, he loves us!!!!(Animal House reference)

Calixte hasnt played since 2/10.  Must be a serious injury.  I think Otis Livingston is huge, he is their star, if he is hobbled or out, thats a big loss for them, like us losing Carry.  The other 3 average about 24ppg combined, so thats substantial.  

Unless someone got hurt in practice this week, we should be 100% right(other than Rotroff obviously)?

Maybe we can up tempo them and wear them down, or get them in foul trouble and really test their bench guys.

Last edited by townsonkid (2/22/2019 1:03 pm)

2/22/2019 1:21 pm  #24

Carry did not practice today and is day-to-day The Trib said "couldn't have played if there was a game." so that's a little concerning

but with an injury like his, it's probably close to "i won't know how my I feel until I wake up in the morning" kind of thing for a while

2/22/2019 1:43 pm  #25

Board footera