Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/31/2019 5:46 pm  #1

Jett Roesing '20 Commits to Duquesne

6-4 sharpshooting guard from First Love Christian.

https://twitter.com/jettroesing23/status/1156695528903720960

Last edited by CLK (7/31/2019 6:02 pm)

7/31/2019 5:49 pm  #2

Re: Jett Roesing '20 Commits to Duquesne

He had offers from UMass, Fordham and several other schools.  Great to get another highly touted local player.

Last edited by CLK (7/31/2019 5:53 pm)

7/31/2019 7:28 pm  #3

I saw him play last year once. Kid looks like he can light it up.

7/31/2019 8:12 pm  #4

Great get! Micah with at least 2 1/2 inches.  I'll take that every time.  KD closes the deal before too many bigs come sniffing around.  Me happy.

7/31/2019 8:31 pm  #5

Pistol good call, he reminds me of Micah also.

Here is the Pgh Sports Now Article.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/07/31/first-love-2020-guard-jett-roesing-commits-to-duquesne/

8/01/2019 7:33 am  #6

Some nice news for KD before he heads down to the Bahamas!  

8/01/2019 8:32 am  #7

WashPaRick wrote:

I saw him play last year once. Kid looks like he can light it up.

This kid looks like he has some deep range. 

According to his coach Jeremy Grubbs:

"Missouri and Marquette were pushing for visits!  Coach him in aau and HS... big time kid and big time player.  Dukes got a STEAL!"

Also liked this quote from Kevin Sweeney:

https://twitter.com/CBB_Central/status/1156731967033008128

8/01/2019 8:57 am  #8

I like his tape, when he has the time, he sets himself, squares up and knocks it down, but if pressured he can shoot it off balance, or get it up quickly....and knocks it down.  At 6'4'' he has some height too for a shooter.   

In theory that fills up the roster for next season, Steele gone, this kid in, no?  But who knows what the transfers will do like Hughes x2, TDM, Weathers, they could all be free to leave and not miss a season sitting out, or as we have seen, any one else could leave as well.  :-)

8/01/2019 10:13 am  #9

Really like this one for the steady flow of legit D-1 local guys. Recruits from Pittsburgh in recent memory didn't have 15 real offers. Maceo also had a bunch & Ellis would have had his grades been in shape.

Micah was/is one of the top 50 3pt shooters in NCAA history. If Jett brings that kind of shooting at his size, he will bring a completely different dimension to the program. Imagine what a weapon Micah would have been if opponents actually had to guard other players on the perimeter.

I realize that it requires possibly unwanted defections but, I think a strong showing this season plus the sexiness of the new arena next year will have KD nailing higher level recruits for late signing for 2020 & going forward. Thus far, the ability of the staff to find diamonds in the rough has been exceptional. However, to be consistently in the top 3 of the A-10 is going to require at least of a smattering 4 star recruits. I feel it coming!

PistolPete wrote:

Great get! Micah with at least 2 1/2 inches.  I'll take that every time.  KD closes the deal before too many bigs come sniffing around.  Me happy.

8/01/2019 11:10 am  #10

If the Dukes new tendency to jack a bunch of 3s is a constant, it's nice to have this kid who seems to be able and willing to knock down a bunch game in game out at high school. Fun pickup

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

8/01/2019 12:35 pm  #11

With the way the game is now played, you need some deadeye shooters. I'd have to think that KD will now concentrate on forwards. We're not deep there.

Board footera