Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/19/2019 3:52 pm  #1

Keith Dambrot PSN Interview

A lot of good stuff in this interview.  Well worth watching.

https://twitter.com/PghSportsNow/status/1163546065842442240

8/19/2019 4:44 pm  #2

Re: Keith Dambrot PSN Interview

Mike alerted us on the Facebook page that he was going to do this interview, and he asked for questions that he could pass on to coach Dambrot. The question I asked, and one that I've been very curious about, is whether he planned to try to play Mike Hughes and Baylee Steele together. Here is my happy response to KD's answer that I posted on Facebook. We really have a coach who has a clue!!

"I am VERY happy with his response to my question. Having Mike and Baylee on the court together raises the ceiling for the team significantly in my opinion, and coach seems to recognize that as well, to the point of even being willing to play some zone in order to make it work. I'm also glad he's not whining about the home court situation. Winning will all but make that problem go away. The 1,500-2,000 that a mediocre team will draw will make playing at PPG an awful experience, but if we take care of business ooc, you're going to be surprised when 7,000+ show up for Davidson, and maybe more for Dayton. We played under these exact conditions for 25+ years at the Civic Arena. When the Dukes were putting great teams on the floor in the late 60s, and early 70s, we had a great home court advantage. If the Dukes are something like 14-3 when Dayton comes to town, I'd expect at least 8,000 people in the building. Sure, 2,000 of them will be from Dayton, but so what, that'll just add to the atmosphere. I know some fans never want to play at PPG, but that's not what big time programs do. It's important to be able to sell the program to local sports fans who have no tie to the university. To do this, some Dukes games need to be a big event. You need to sell the program to more than the 3,500 die hards who will be filling the Coop for 13-14 games a year. Those 2-3 PPG games a year, will have atmosphere just like when Pitt is going well, and playing good teams at the Pete. The non die hards will have a great time, and will pay much more attention to the program. Of course, all of this requires winning, and at a fairly high level. I think it's going to happen."

8/20/2019 7:44 am  #3

I'd love to play Davidson with 7-8K in the PPG, but that aint happening, sorry.
Hey, look on the bright side, everyone gets one of them nice cushy seats at PPG this year, with a cup holder!!!!

8/20/2019 8:11 am  #4

townsonkid wrote:

I'd love to play Davidson with 7-8K in the PPG, but that aint happening, sorry.
Hey, look on the bright side, everyone gets one of them nice cushy seats at PPG this year, with a cup holder!!!!

You must think we'll continue to suck. If we win at a  high enough level, fans will come. I can remember 10,000+ at the Civic Arena, a place further off campus than PPG, and a place we never practiced at. Have to win though. 10-8 won't do it. Got to be 16-2, 15-3 to get folks excited. Back to the future!!

Last edited by duq81 (8/20/2019 8:26 am)

Board footera