Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/27/2019 7:31 am  #1

New Podcast with Tim Benz

Dambrot appeared on the Trib's podcast again. I'm listening to it now so I might post highlights later. It seems to be mostly about the creativity of this year's non-con

http://files.triblive.com/podcasts/sportstalk/DUQkeith.mp3

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

8/27/2019 7:57 am  #2

Re: New Podcast with Tim Benz

Dambrot was using indefinite terms, but it did seem like the A10 schedule will be mostly PPG with some RMU and maybe Pitt thrown in there, which is close as to what phil95 alluded to in the other thread.

Coach talked up a lot of the new guys, Austin and Steele especially.

Hes pretty high on the frontcourt right now with Mike Hughes.

Still high on Sincere's knees and their health.

Dambrot also speaks of the culture, how much that has improved over the off season - a culture that can promote a lot more wins. Dont know how to quantify that but I just hope that means this team is ready to battle and grind.

Always like the duq interviews Benz has. Definitely does some homework around the program

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

8/27/2019 8:17 am  #3

Great interview.  I have said this before, I believe we are a much stronger overall team even with the loss of Williams. I like what KD had to say about the new guys.  Thanks for the link.  Go Dukes!

8/27/2019 8:32 am  #4

yak-rbc wrote:

Always like the duq interviews Benz has. Definitely does some homework around the program

He did a lot of our games with espn+ last year so he has a lot of first hand knowledge as well. Always thought he was really professional and did a great job.

8/27/2019 11:19 am  #5

Friday is college colors day, so wear your red and blue!

8/28/2019 8:40 am  #6

-Sin's knees are good; check.
-High expectations for a valued freshman; check.
-Back-up PG in place; check.
-A serious contributor for a grad transfer at a position of need; check.
-The return of a talented & experienced core; check.
-An improved & improving corporate culture; check.
-Extra summer practice & a foreign tour to build chemistry; check.

There are so many positive things to glean from this interview. It made my day.

With incremental improvement on defense & good health, this team will be scary. With significant defensive improvement; watch out!

Go Dukes Indeed!

8/28/2019 9:04 am  #7

phil95 wrote:

With incremental improvement on defense & good health, this team will be scary. With significant defensive improvement; watch out!

Go Dukes Indeed!

Hate to be ritters here, but the only negative I see is the home court situation. However, it will make us tougher and the opponents OOC are nothing we shouldn’t be able to handle. That being said I agree with your points and overall I feel great about the season ahead.

The situation with Palumbo is ultimately the cost of growing the program (for one year) by leaps and bounds.

8/28/2019 11:38 am  #8

Duques102 wrote:

phil95 wrote:

Go Dukes Indeed!

Hate to be ritters here, but the only negative I see is the home court situation. However, it will make us tougher and the opponents OOC are nothing we shouldn’t be able to handle. That being said I agree with your points and overall I feel great about the season ahead.

The situation with Palumbo is ultimately the cost of growing the program (for one year) by leaps and bounds.

The problem with not having a home court is if things go wrong and you need to regroup.  It is much easier if you can go back to friendly/comfortable surroundings and try to figure things out.  This will definitely be an interesting year.

Last edited by Dsnyder15 (8/28/2019 11:38 am)

Board footera