Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/08/2019 4:54 pm  #1

Dukes Signee - Nathan Dragisich

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/01/08/duquesne-soccer-adding-a-special-talent-in-nathan-dragisich/

In-depth article from Harry Psaros at Pittsburgh Sports Now about a high level commit to the Dukes men's soccer program. Certainly someone to keep your eye on.

1/09/2019 4:22 pm  #2

Re: Dukes Signee - Nathan Dragisich

You beat me to it on posting this-  Nice article-  great to see the coverage!

Last edited by coffee (1/09/2019 4:23 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

1/09/2019 4:30 pm  #3

Nathan's signing is important for a few reasons. One of which is he is probably an excellent get for the coaching staff.

The riverhounds academy were more successful in building out their girls program. They crank put girls by the dozen in a year to D1 schools and there's several on Duquesne already.

There's only been a handful of D1 prospects on the boys side and they've almost all went to RMU, 1 or 2 went to pitt/Penn state, that's it.

This team needed a good striker badly and they got one from the Hounds which will hopefully finally start sending boys prospects to D1 and our way now

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/09/2019 6:06 pm  #4

yak-rbc wrote:

Nathan's signing is important for a few reasons. One of which is he is probably an excellent get for the coaching staff.

The riverhounds academy were more successful in building out their girls program. They crank put girls by the dozen in a year to D1 schools and there's several on Duquesne already.

There's only been a handful of D1 prospects on the boys side and they've almost all went to RMU, 1 or 2 went to pitt/Penn state, that's it.

This team needed a good striker badly and they got one from the Hounds which will hopefully finally start sending boys prospects to D1 and our way now

I was thinking the same thing.  Establishing a good working relationship with the Riverhounds would be a fantastic mutually beneficial building block for collegiate and professional development and growing the fan base.

Little known factoid- Buff Donelli, the great Duquesne 30s/40s player and coach is in the American Soccer Hall of Fame... He was a world class at soccer and football.   Wiki quote on his soccer career below-

Donelli was selected to the United States 1934 FIFA World Cup team. In a 4–2 qualifying victory over Mexico in Rome, Italy on May 24, he tallied all four times, becoming the first American to score his first three international goals with the senior team in the same match (Sacha Kljestan would become the second to achieve this feat on January 24, 2009).[2] Three days later in the same stadium, Donelli scored the lone U.S. goal in its 7–1 first-round elimination loss to Italy. It would be the last one any American scored on Italian turf for another 56 years, and also the only Italian American to score against Italy. He was inducted into U.S. National Soccer Hall of Fame in 1954.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

9/19/2019 9:00 am  #5

Nate earned A10 co-rookie of the week this past week. Hopefully the first of many for the kid. Go Dukes

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

Board footera