Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/08/2019 7:15 pm  #1

COUNTY GAME RMU

Tomorrow the Dukes and RMU face off in a matchup of NEC unbeatens at RMU.  The Dukes are banged up and will be without Palm Beach Parr as Danny suffered a broken collarbone in the St Francis win and is likely done as a Duke and an outstanding career.  Great kid being replaced by another great kid and leader in South Fayette grad Brett Brumbaugh . Brett has been a leader of this team for 5 years despite limited playing time and will do just fine as the Dukes Q but RMU is much improved too.  Look forward to seeing a great football game tomorrow and come out and support the Dukes tomorrow if you love college football!

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (11/08/2019 7:16 pm)

11/09/2019 5:24 pm  #2

Re: COUNTY GAME RMU

7 turnovers and an onside kick today! Need to win out and RMU to lose to Central and Sacred Heart but can't remember last time NEC champions won out! Hats off to RMU and keep working Dukes!

11/10/2019 11:57 am  #3

It was going to be tough without Parr. Brumbaugh has legacy stuff with this team but it’s just a different thing altogether than syncing with this roster this year. Not that I’m giving up on this season, but the odds of a playoff berth dropped hard as soon as Parr went down.

11/10/2019 8:51 pm  #4

Judge Jack McVay Jr wrote:

7 turnovers and an onside kick today! Need to win out and RMU to lose to Central and Sacred Heart but can't remember last time NEC champions won out! Hats off to RMU and keep working Dukes!

Winning out will be the hardest part without Parr, but our hopes aren't quite as dim as you stated. Assuming we win out, if RMU beats Sacred Heart (which I expect) but loses to Central Connecticut (which I also expect), there would be a three-way tie for first at 6-1. We would all be 6-1 overall in the conference, 1-1 against each other, and unbeaten against everyone else in the conference.

Going down the line of tiebreakers, we eventually would get to the highest in the Sagarin. Central Connecticut is currently 156th, we're currently 195th, and Robert Morris is currently 196th. Robert Morris would have a loss still to come, so they'd finish behind us. Central Connecticut would have a loss still to come, and we'd have a win over them. So we'd need to hope that would be enough to make up 39 spots in the rankings. I don't know how likely that is, but it's at least possible.

11/11/2019 10:33 am  #5

Thanks for sharing luckymcd and Face.  I definitely think it is possible to get to playoffs again and hardest part will be beating Central and I think we beat Bryant away this weekend.  I do think Central will beat RMU but Sacred Heart RMU is a toss up I believe. I thought Brumbaugh got better and admired him and Dukes for not quitting and keeping his head up after 2 pick sixes.

11/12/2019 10:06 pm  #6

"Despite Saturday’s stunning setback, Jerry Schmitt’s banged-up Iron Dukes are still very much in contention in the Northeast Conference. Assuming Duquesne defeats Bryant (2-8, 1-4 NEC) on the road next weekend and that Central Connecticut prevails at home against Robert Morris, the Dukes could force a two or three-way tie in the conference with a win against CCSU in the season finale at Rooney Field in Pittsburgh on Nov. 23.  In that scenario, if Robert Morris were to stumble in its season finale against surging Sacred Heart University (6-4, 4-2 NEC) — a not altogether unlikely possibility given that the Pioneers have won three in a row, including a 41-7 walloping of Wagner this past weekend — Duquesne would be crowned NEC champion by virtue of its win over Central Connecticut."

https://thefanatic.com/college/football/2019/11/surprising-robert-morris-continues-improbable-title-run-in-northeast-conference/

Last edited by IronDukes12 (11/12/2019 10:12 pm)

Board footera