Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/27/2020 10:40 pm  #1

Future Schedule

Just one question in terms of past and future schedules. Why hasn’t Duquesne scheduled any IVY league schools like Yale or Penn on the schedule? Think it would be a good experience. Do they avoid playing NEC schools?

5/28/2020 10:10 am  #2

Re: Future Schedule

Played Penn (twice), Columbia, and Brown between 2003 and 2007. Penn won handily, others were more competitive. Don't know why we don't schedule Ivies.

5/28/2020 10:35 pm  #3

Thanks was not sure when the last time was. Probably since we are more competitive they probably want to avoid playing Duquesne.

6/02/2020 4:13 pm  #4

scduke wrote:

Played Penn (twice), Columbia, and Brown between 2003 and 2007. Penn won handily, others were more competitive. Don't know why we don't schedule Ivies.

I remember the series with Penn because that was when I was a student. They were big games because we seemed to be turning the corner to being competitive nationally and those were our chance to prove it. Unfortunately we weren't there yet.

It's probably not a coincidence 2007 was the last game against an Ivy League though; since we started giving scholarships the next year. Of the 24 non-conference games Ivy League teams are scheduled to play this year, only 7 are against teams that offer scholarships. Last year only 8 of the 24 were and only 10 of 24 in 2018.

12/04/2020 10:05 pm  #5

Anyone paying attention to Coastal Carolina at 7 and 0 in Sun Belt and 1 of the highest ranked group of 5 teams in FBS football? I am sort of glad we didn't play them this year as we have a lot of new players especially new QB1 RB and wide out and DL.I love that we're playing these games and hopefully will get spring football and some experience for the new guys to play together headed into fall 2021 season

Board footera