Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/08/2020 10:16 pm  #1

Former Dukes Now Elsewhere

Decided I am going to start a new quirky weekly thread, mostly inspired by the fact that I planned on continuing to follow Eric Williams career at Oregon. Did a little digging and came up with a list of all the players that have donned a Dukes uniform that are still playing college basketball. 

I will post weekly stat updates for these guys for anyone who is interested. Maybe no one is, but I wanted to track it this year for some reason. Will start at the end of this week but here is the list of active players:

Eric Williams-Oregon
Frankie Hughes-San Diego
Spencer Littleson-Toledo
Tydus Verhoeven-UTEP
Nicholas Kratholm-Niagara
Brandon Wade-Michigan
Gavin Bizeau-Marion University NAIA
Dylan Swingle-Bowling Green
James Ellis-Tallahassee Community College 
Ashton Miller-Wagner

Last edited by Duques102 (12/08/2020 10:18 pm)

12/09/2020 1:21 am  #2

Re: Former Dukes Now Elsewhere

Good idea. Will be interesting to see how these players do after they left.

12/09/2020 1:59 am  #3

I have a lot of fun watching the guys who left play for their new teams. Williams has been doing great so far and Frankie Hughes and San Diego haven't even played a game yet. Wagner has had a single game, vs. Seton Hall, and Ashton Miller did not see the floor. I know there are some people on this board who say screw the players who turned their back on the program although I usually don't see it that way.

12/09/2020 2:02 am  #4

Also, the latest information on James Ellis is that he is going to play at Pearl River Community College in Mississippi this year.

12/09/2020 7:58 am  #5

BluffHunter wrote:

I have a lot of fun watching the guys who left play for their new teams. Williams has been doing great so far and Frankie Hughes and San Diego haven't even played a game yet. Wagner has had a single game, vs. Seton Hall, and Ashton Miller did not see the floor. I know there are some people on this board who say screw the players who turned their back on the program although I usually don't see it that way.

Other than Eric, those guys all got shown the door, not the opposite.

12/09/2020 8:38 am  #6

Williams is tearing it up. Double double a few nights ago. I know he was in double figures in at least one other game with multiple ribbys

12/09/2020 9:27 am  #7

If they showed Spencer Littleson the door, could have been a mistake. Started all 30 games for Toledo last year and averaged 10 PPG and shot 40% from three point range. So far this year in five games, 13 PPG and shooting 50% from 3 point line. I think with how awful our outside shooting is, we could of used this kid.

12/09/2020 10:21 am  #8

Wildwood13 wrote:

If they showed Spencer Littleson the door, could have been a mistake. Started all 30 games for Toledo last year and averaged 10 PPG and shot 40% from three point range. So far this year in five games, 13 PPG and shooting 50% from 3 point line. I think with how awful our outside shooting is, we could of used this kid.

That is true but he's playing at a lower level of competition. If he is just a spot-up jump shooter that can't create his own shot, he might have been a bit too slow for the A-10. Who knows?

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

12/09/2020 11:03 am  #9

I love this idea but am too lazy to do it myself. Thanks you.

I too am following Williams. He has been quite good against solid competition. His shot looks "doctored" in a very good way but still a bit slow on the draw. He is definitely engaged defensively & looks like he has bought in. His percentages are good. He has quite a bit more competition for rebounds but is still do well at that for a SF.

I wasn't aware of Spencer's success. Thank you.

12/09/2020 11:24 am  #10

Three of our four best players today are from that conference.

12/09/2020 2:33 pm  #11

Spencer Littleson will be playing against Michigan today on FS1 at 6:00 if it doesn’t get cancelled. Let’s see how he does.

12/09/2020 4:18 pm  #12

Wildwood13 wrote:

I think Spencer would have graduated last year had he stayed here.

12/09/2020 5:29 pm  #13

WashPaRick wrote:

Wildwood13 wrote:

I think Spencer would have graduated last year had he stayed here.

I think you're right.

12/09/2020 5:49 pm  #14

I did NOT want to give this it's own thread, but goes under the name of Former Dukes:  Jim Ferry.
THE PSU football/basketball board asks the question if Jim Ferry is better than Pat Chambers.  Basically, some folks said maybe a little, but most didn't know yet, said the jury is still out.  I only "read" that board and don't post.  That's a good thing.  I couldn't stand him as a coach and won't elaborate.  One of the things he did say when he got the job was that he learned a lot being an assistant under Chambers and he is not the same coach he used to be.  There are many thoughts I have regarding all of this but won't...I'm just happy he is gone.   Okay, maybe just one - he constantly made excuses of why he didn't win with a focus on always blaming the players.  I'll stop now.
Go Dukes!

12/09/2020 8:24 pm  #15

FAM wrote:

I did NOT want to give this it's own thread, but goes under the name of Former Dukes:  Jim Ferry.
THE PSU football/basketball board asks the question if Jim Ferry is better than Pat Chambers.  Basically, some folks said maybe a little, but most didn't know yet, said the jury is still out.  I only "read" that board and don't post.  That's a good thing.  I couldn't stand him as a coach and won't elaborate.  One of the things he did say when he got the job was that he learned a lot being an assistant under Chambers and he is not the same coach he used to be.  There are many thoughts I have regarding all of this but won't...I'm just happy he is gone.   Okay, maybe just one - he constantly made excuses of why he didn't win with a focus on always blaming the players.  I'll stop now.
Go Dukes!

The jump from the NEC to the A10 was too much for him.

12/10/2020 7:19 am  #16

Vehoeven is the one I really missed.Loved watching his raw energy and shot blocking as a freshman.  Funny thing, is going back a few years, I looked at why he transferred and most seemed to think it was because of his future playing time would be cut down, due to all the bigs coming in during the 18-9 season. And hindsight, being what it is, Swingle and Bizzaou turned out to be non-factors and were gone shortly thereafter.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/10/2020 9:34 am  #17

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Vehoeven is the one I really missed.Loved watching his raw energy and shot blocking as a freshman.  Funny thing, is going back a few years, I looked at why he transferred and most seemed to think it was because of his future playing time would be cut down, due to all the bigs coming in during the 18-9 season. And hindsight, being what it is, Swingle and Bizzaou turned out to be non-factors and were gone shortly thereafter.

It's highly doubtful that Verhoeven would have been anything more than a role player for the Dukes. Even after sitting out a year so that he could get stronger and mature, he had a rough first year at UTEP.  Played in 30 games, started 12 and averaged a little over 13 minutes a game.  He averaged 1.5 points and 2.3 rebounds (vs. 3.1 and 3.3 with the Dukes).  Most surprising stat to me was that he only had 15 blocked shots for the entire season (he had 71 blocks at Duquesne).

12/10/2020 11:58 am  #18

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

It's highly doubtful that Verhoeven would have been anything more than a role player for the Dukes. Even after sitting out a year so that he could get stronger and mature, he had a rough first year at UTEP.  Played in 30 games, started 12 and averaged a little over 13 minutes a game.  He averaged 1.5 points and 2.3 rebounds (vs. 3.1 and 3.3 with the Dukes).  Most surprising stat to me was that he only had 15 blocked shots for the entire season (he had 71 blocks at Duquesne).

I think KD took on a lot of project bigs early on. With the team winning, he's now getting guys who are much more likely to be able to play at this level.

12/10/2020 2:16 pm  #19

If you read between the lines when he transferred it seemed like he couldn’t take the cold weather, and wanted out.  According to reports he also fashioned himself as more of a perimeter player rather than playing close to the basket.  KD made the most of his skills I thought.  He had no jump shot, so if he played on the perimeter nobody would guard him.  He did have some good length and timing for shot-blocking; but if he didn’t like that kind of work then better to move on!

Last edited by levon1975 (12/10/2020 2:25 pm)

12/15/2020 2:10 pm  #21

Thanks Phoenix, for the post on the Dukes playing Pro Ball in Europe, very entertaining.  It looks like all of the guys are doing well.  DC seems to be very consistent scoring in the mid-teens per game, rebounding well for a guard, as he always did at Duquesne, and handing out assists.  Good to see Mike Lewis is performing so well, and putting up some big scoring numbers.  I thought Bayley Steele would do well in Europe and that appears to be the case although he is still a rookie.  Surprised to see Josh Steel also playing professionally; but congrats to him for putting in the work to get there.

12/15/2020 2:15 pm  #22

Interesting to see that Martin Osimani, though almost 40, is still playing professionally in Uruguay. I also wasn't aware that Josh Steel graduated from Duquesne. 

12/16/2020 3:11 pm  #23

Great post Phoenix and I am trying to find out what is going on with my man KT at Albany through the football coaches and I don't believe that they have played at all

12/24/2020 2:10 pm  #24

Frankie Hughes and USD are 1-3 so far. Frankie is averaging 9.8 ppg and has a high of 22 vs Nevada.
Through 3 games, Kellon Taylor leads the 0-3 Albany team with 10.7 ppg and 7.3 rpg.
It doesn't seem like Miller has logged any time for Wagner through 5 games.

12/26/2020 9:56 am  #25

DennisC91 wrote:

Interesting to see that Martin Osimani, though almost 40, is still playing professionally in Uruguay. I also wasn't aware that Josh Steel graduated from Duquesne. 

A belated Merry Christmas to all!! I loved Osimani. He was a true point guard and was very adept at it. Didn't put up huge scoring numbers but was an excellent passer and could take it to the hole when the opening was there. Kudos to all of the former Dukes.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

Board footera