Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/18/2021 8:18 pm  #51

Re: Transfer Portal

One more thought on transfers. What if both SC and EWJR had not transferred?  What could have been!! Well that didn't and probably couldn't have happened but an interesting thought just the same.

3/19/2021 12:51 pm  #52

C.J. Wilcher from Xavier in the portal. He spent a couple years at St, Benedicts and may have played with Hima and or Okani. Those guys in Jersey seem to move around a lot.

3/19/2021 1:42 pm  #53

This is making me anxious waiting to see who comes back, who transfers out, who transfers in.  It is basically 2 weeks since our season was over and I am wondering what Mike and Marcus are still deliberating????  I further suspect maybe Dre is waiting to see what Marcus does before he decides what he wants to do, but this is just a hunch.  Obviously we are vigorously pursuing players in the portal and in HS, especially the PG position, but it sure would be nice to hear something soon!!!  Go Dukes!!!

3/19/2021 5:23 pm  #54

PistolPete wrote:

This is making me anxious waiting to see who comes back, who transfers out, who transfers in.  It is basically 2 weeks since our season was over and I am wondering what Mike and Marcus are still deliberating????  I further suspect maybe Dre is waiting to see what Marcus does before he decides what he wants to do, but this is just a hunch.  Obviously we are vigorously pursuing players in the portal and in HS, especially the PG position, but it sure would be nice to hear something soon!!!  Go Dukes!!!

Marcus may be waiting for his brother to finish up. His bro might hit the portal after they lose.

3/19/2021 5:32 pm  #55

1111 Vickroy wrote:

Btw Tunstall never did much. Flenory was a big time recruit as were Atkins n Arnold

Tunny had 10 points a game. Vastly better than the myriad list of stiffs we've waste scholarships on the last 40 years. Doug left after the season. The BB effigy thing was during his junior year.

3/19/2021 7:37 pm  #56

duq81 wrote:

1111 Vickroy wrote:

Btw Tunstall never did much. Flenory was a big time recruit as were Atkins n Arnold

Tunny had 10 points a game. Vastly better than the myriad list of stiffs we've waste scholarships on the last 40 years. Doug left after the season. The BB effigy thing was during his junior year.

81 check your stats. He averaged 4.4 a game one season. Ill be kind again and say he did little

3/20/2021 11:09 am  #57

1111 Vickroy wrote:

duq81 wrote:

1111 Vickroy wrote:

81 check your stats. He averaged 4.4 a game one season. Ill be kind again and say he did little

I'm thinking of his average at Youngstown.

3/20/2021 5:42 pm  #58

duq81 wrote:

1111 Vickroy wrote:

duq81 wrote:

I'm thinking of his average at Youngstown.

Yes 81 he was supposed to be an aircraft carrier. Unfortunately it didn't work out during his stay with the Dukes

3/24/2021 10:56 am  #59

Over 800 players in the Portal now!!!!

3/24/2021 11:05 am  #60

Crazy, but that tells me we should be able to get the talent level and experience we need at the various positions everyone has highlighted.

3/24/2021 12:10 pm  #61

PistolPete wrote:

Crazy, but that tells me we should be able to get the talent level and experience we need at the various positions everyone has highlighted.

Given the emphasis on backcourt players it has become fairly obvious,  to me at least ,  that there is real change coming in the backcourt room.

TDM returns. Chad B , Jett R , Maceo A, Mike B , Tyson A all are question marks whether they return or not.

Buckle up . It is gonna be a wild ride.

3/24/2021 10:08 pm  #62

ghost wrote:

PistolPete wrote:

Given the emphasis on backcourt players it has become fairly obvious,  to me at least ,  that there is real change coming in the backcourt room.

TDM returns. Chad B , Jett R , Maceo A, Mike B , Tyson A all are question marks whether they return or not.

Buckle up . It is gonna be a wild ride.

That is one way to read it - another way to read it, based on the hunt for an experience guard,  is that the team is expecting enough guys to stay to have a chance to make a lot of noise in the league, if they have a tested lead guard. That said, I'm putting on my seatbelt, certainly.

3/27/2021 12:28 pm  #63

St. Joes, GW, and Bonnies all land Big 5 transfers.

3/27/2021 12:46 pm  #64

Highest rated appears to be Ira Lee, 6-7, 240 lb.forward from Arizona to GW. Rated a 4* but can't pay too much attention to all that hype. Have to see how things play out. Like what KD and staff have done so far. Still needs to fill.

3/29/2021 1:58 pm  #65

3/29/2021 5:59 pm  #66

WashPaRick wrote:

St. Joes, GW, and Bonnies all land Big 5 transfers.

GW gets it's second with a Virg. Tech transfer.

3/29/2021 7:29 pm  #67

I'm betting we give Marreon Jackson from Toledo a call. Point guard averaging 18 pts and 6 assists from Cleveland.

Last edited by WashPaRick (3/29/2021 7:30 pm)

3/29/2021 8:02 pm  #68

Kellon Grady to Kentucky.  Glad he’s gone.   
Fordham hired villanova asst coach.

3/29/2021 8:16 pm  #69

WashPaRick wrote:

I'm betting we give Marreon Jackson from Toledo a call. Point guard averaging 18 pts and 6 assists from Cleveland.

Great player who will be nabbed by one of the factory schools no doubt.

3/29/2021 8:25 pm  #70

Rayrich wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

Never know what's in a fellas mind.

3/29/2021 9:22 pm  #71

WashPaRick wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

Never know what's in a fellas mind.

True. Got some options at this point. I agree that we'll be giving him a call and maybe Spencer Littleson goes into the portal as well. One of the top 5 or 10 three point shooters in the country.

3/29/2021 11:37 pm  #72

Can't say enough about the job that KD and staff have done to this point. Still needs to fill but things looking much better than a week ago. Getting pumped for next year already! 

4/01/2021 4:38 pm  #73

I see Tydus Verhoeven is transferring from UTEP. Pretty talented 6-9 player.

4/01/2021 4:55 pm  #74

Pretty soon there will be enough players in the portal for every D1 school to get 4.

4/01/2021 5:21 pm  #75

Guess we have another one coming. In our case it could be more!!

Board footera