Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/13/2021 1:17 pm  #2

Re: Dukes Getting Some Attention After Big Win

CLK you continue to amaze all of us with your finds!!! Thanks for sharing as usual!! How are you at recruiting?

9/13/2021 1:36 pm  #3

Thanks Judge,ย  I will try to do better on Football recruiting.

Dukes Named STATS Perform FCS National Team of the Week - Duquesne University Athletics (goduquesne.com)

ย 

9/13/2021 1:39 pm  #4

9/13/2021 1:40 pm  #5

9/13/2021 1:58 pm  #6

CLK We continue to be amazed by your finds and thanks for sharing!!! Btw how are you with recruiting? ๐Ÿ˜€

9/13/2021 2:19 pm  #7

Nice to see the attention.ย  But remember, Duquesne beat Ohio University, not Ohio State.ย  Put it in perspective.
ย 

9/13/2021 2:53 pm  #8

Good point Bilgy and I admit that I am perhaps overly excited about this because it is our first FBS win. You could argue that getting our first NCAA playoffs win against Towson was a bigger program win and maybe go all the way back to beating D3 power CMU as a great program win but we beat a team by 2 on a day Notre Dame beat a team by 3 from the same conference... the MAC. I sincerely believe that the local media is just starting to find out that we play D1 football and have scholarships!! Getting our first Steeler since the 50s has helped too but I agree with you that it is a matter of perception and perspective! We need to keep progressing and a win over Youngstown St would be nice and of course another NCAA playoffs appearance! Thanks for your posts too!

9/13/2021 2:59 pm  #9

Bilgy wrote:

Nice to see the attention.ย  But remember, Duquesne beat Ohio University, not Ohio State.ย  Put it in perspective.
ย 

Here's a little "perspective" to keep in mind.ย  Ohio University operates their football program with an annual budget of $8 to $9 million annually.ย  They give out 85 full scholarships.ย  I believe that the Dukes are operating at half those numbers, somewhere around $4 million budget and 40-45 scholarships spread around to multiple players.ย  When you beat a program, on the road, that has double the resources that you have, that is a very impressive win for the Dukes' football team.

9/13/2021 4:53 pm  #10

Haha CLK I meant how are you at finding players??? If you are as good at finding players as you are at finding information KD Dan Jerry and the rest of our coaches should hire you!!! Haha ๐Ÿ˜„ thanks for sharing as always and we get so much more good information on this site because of you and others!!!

9/13/2021 4:56 pm  #11

Phoenix thanks for sharing this information too and I get a little crazy sometimes when it comes to our football program and appreciate your pointing out those differences in our program relative to OU!

9/13/2021 5:05 pm  #12

For all the good press coming from the win, Iโ€™m disappointed in the local coverage.  Local news only Channel 4 mentioned it.   Little to no Twitter reaction by local sports media.

Letโ€™s take a pause and think if it was RMU that did this.  Tim Benz would have 15 articles about it and the SEC would be on their doorstep.   RMU basketball has never beaten a ranked opponent and we still hear about the NIT win at home over and unranked Kentucky.  Kentucky cared so little they gave them the home game rather than look for an alternative site in Lexington.

And now itโ€™s the communities responsibility to keep their hockey programs a float.  As we speak Iโ€™m sure Tim Benz is writing another article about it. 

How do you get to be a media darling like them?

Last edited by A83 (9/14/2021 10:37 am)

9/14/2021 8:28 am  #13

A83 he was probably working on it for a couple of days. God article by Tim.

https://triblive.com/sports/duquesne-football-players-coaches-soak-in-history-making-victory-before-bye-week/

9/14/2021 9:59 am  #14

Judge Jack McVay Jr wrote:

Haha CLK I meant how are you at finding players??? If you are as good at finding players as you are at finding information KD Dan Jerry and the rest of our coaches should hire you!!! Haha ๐Ÿ˜„ thanks for sharing as always and we get so much more good information on this site because of you and others!!!

Haha, I don't think coach Schmidt would want me recruiting football player.ย  However, I might be able to suggest some bball recruits to coach Dambrot with all the basketball recruiting sites I follow.ย  Just kidding.

9/14/2021 10:31 am  #15

CLK wrote:

A83 he was probably working on it for a couple of days. God article by Tim.

https://triblive.com/sports/duquesne-football-players-coaches-soak-in-history-making-victory-before-bye-week/

I was coming to eat crow and post the link myself.  Thank you.

9/14/2021 10:53 am  #16

A83 I think in general you are right about the poor coverage, but I think the Trib is pretty good in covering the Dukes given the limited resources and staffing cuts common today.

Board footera