Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/27/2021 7:20 pm  #1

FCS Division 1 NCAA playoffs

Today Holy Cross pulled out a list minute win over NEC champs Sacred Heart with a TD pass at 14 seconds. I truly thought Sacred Heart would win the game and largely outplayed HC but in the end couldn't pull off what others might have called an upset.  Remember earlier in the season Holy Cross lost to Merrimack from our conference and I truly believe that our Dukes at full strength would have beaten both of these teams and  would
be playing Villanova next Saturday.

11/28/2021 9:32 am  #2

Re: FCS Division 1 NCAA playoffs

I totally agree.  It’s heartbreaking to see the promise of this season fizzle but they did what they could with what they had.

The Dukes should have been in the playoffs last year too but they changed the rules.   The best team didn’t go last year or for a few years when the tiebreakers fell the other way…but I guess that’s the breaks and why they play the games.   The breaks are due to fall this way.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

11/28/2021 1:57 pm  #3

I sometimes think the Dudey Moore curse carries over to football sometimes. I think back to the 2002 ECAC Bowl against Albany. Their rushing attack was far better prepared for the near tornado we played in than our passing attack and we were blanked. If that game was played in pretty much any other conditions we win and possibly make what at that time was an unheard of non-scholarship playoff bid.

11/30/2021 6:11 pm  #4

Agree Med!   You know your Duquesne History!

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

Board footera