Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/23/2021 5:38 pm  #2

Re: Kareem Rozier Commits To Duquesne

Thanks CLK. 

11/23/2021 5:58 pm  #3

Just watched a couple of interviews and he seems to me like he will be a great representative of the University. He just turned 17.

11/23/2021 6:23 pm  #4

How tall is he?

11/23/2021 6:24 pm  #5

I'm seeing 5'9".

11/23/2021 6:37 pm  #6

Oh boy, is he Calvin Murphy?????????  JJ is 5'10" or 5'11", but is a scoring stud, just asking why a guy that size? 

11/23/2021 6:46 pm  #7

I've seen where he is considered the best pure pg in Michigan and 5'9" might be stretching it an inch.

11/23/2021 7:01 pm  #8

11/23/2021 7:07 pm  #9

These two commits use up the scholarships of the two leaving next season:  Larson and Gunn.  

11/23/2021 7:32 pm  #10

Great to be involved in positive postings.  Quite refreshing.  I wish Rozier and Pratt healthy, successful, and enjoyable stays on the Bluff!

11/23/2021 7:40 pm  #11

Seems like a very nice young man.  I hope he becomes a star.  Looking at the picture with the coaches, he appears to be about 5'6".  He must have some great skills.

11/23/2021 7:42 pm  #12

11/23/2021 7:55 pm  #13

Who else offered him???????

11/23/2021 8:15 pm  #14

Only Toledo and Mississippi Valley State of note plus a couple othe minor ones

11/23/2021 8:31 pm  #15

CLK wrote:

These two commits use up the scholarships of the two leaving next season:  Larson and Gunn.  

If anyone on this board believes for one minute that only two players will be exiting the team after this season, I have some inexpensive ocean front property in Nebraska to sell you!!!!!

11/23/2021 8:54 pm  #16

El Presidente wrote:

CLK wrote:

If anyone on this board believes for one minute that only two players will be exiting the team after this season, I have some inexpensive ocean front property in Nebraska to sell you!!!!!

Some things go without saying. Just stating the scholarship status as it stands right now. Never said it was our last recruit for next year. We still have other needs to fill no doubt others leaving.

11/23/2021 9:44 pm  #17

BTW-CLK, my seaside land comment was not directed at you. Knew what you were stating. Just a general comment. Truly appreciate you and all that you do on this board!!

11/24/2021 7:08 am  #18

How about this quote:
I'm nice off the court but on the court I'm a pit bull"...Calvin Murphy was known to throw punched every know and then

12/02/2021 1:06 pm  #19

This commit is no longer a head scratcher. There is now a 50/50 chance JJ doesn't come back. That is solid roster management & disgusting.

12/02/2021 2:07 pm  #20

Well, if JJ doesn't perform better while on the court, he has no one to blame but himself for riding the bench. I'm hoping that he is of high enough character to realize that you put up or shut up. Very talented but really makes too many bone head plays at this stage of the game. Hopefully will snap out of it, the light will come on, and he will be the player that we were expecting.

Last edited by El Presidente (12/02/2021 2:07 pm)

12/02/2021 8:19 pm  #21

El Presidente wrote:

Well, if JJ doesn't perform better while on the court, he has no one to blame but himself for riding the bench. I'm hoping that he is of high enough character to realize that you put up or shut up. Very talented but really makes too many bone head plays at this stage of the game. Hopefully will snap out of it, the light will come on, and he will be the player that we were expecting.

Then why not hold Primo to the same standard last night? Primo made more than a dozen bonehead plays while being pretty selfish. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Primo. He has some serious, long-term upside & is contributing mightily most nights.

I just know that yanking JJ & benching him for the remainder of multiple games for the same shortcomings is bad business. Letting Primo be mostly bad for 35 minutes while there is a sweet-shooting alternative in need of repetitions/confidence available is silly if only because Primo would probably have benefitted from a minor rest & reset.

We have now seen KD do this to JJ on 3 occasions without holding Primo to the same standard for lazy passes, poor effort, & botched defense. It is a bad visual & is lacking in modern sports diplomacy.

12/02/2021 10:14 pm  #22

Couldn't agree more Phil.....

12/03/2021 8:45 am  #23

I do agree that both Primo and JJ should be held to the same standard but it's obvious to me that Primo is quite a bit ahead of JJ in his development and understanding of the role of the PG. I have more trust in Primo at this moment to run the team albeit a bad game against BG. Primo and JJ, in my mind, are both super talented and we are most fortunate to have both. Didn't mean to start any argument over who should get more PT. Probably the one who looks better in a given game. Would love to see both in there together at some point. Probably the 2 most talented guards on the team.

12/03/2021 12:50 pm  #24

I agree with you El Presidente.  I would LOVE to see both Primo and JJ play at the same time more - we have seen a few minutes.  Maybe Dambrot could work some plays to get JJ some open looks and still allow Primo to handle to point.  I do think Primo has the better feel running the point but I just don't think you can sit JJ for long periods when we have seen his ability to score.  It seems he can dribble drive both left and right pretty solid.  I would just love to seem them more together - I think both have tremendous upside and potential 

12/03/2021 2:27 pm  #25

El Presidente wrote:

I do agree that both Primo and JJ should be held to the same standard but it's obvious to me that Primo is quite a bit ahead of JJ in his development and understanding of the role of the PG. I have more trust in Primo at this moment to run the team albeit a bad game against BG. Primo and JJ, in my mind, are both super talented and we are most fortunate to have both. Didn't mean to start any argument over who should get more PT. Probably the one who looks better in a given game. Would love to see both in there together at some point. Probably the 2 most talented guards on the team.

Based on outcomes, Primo should be getting the lion's share of the minutes; especially as the PG. He is going to need all the experience he can get because the competition is going to improve & he is going to be high on other teams' scouting reports. I do advocate for more time for JJ but not necessarily as a PG.

An Acuff/JJ backcourt with Tyson as the lead ballhandler might be something to look at. There just has to be more movement, cutting, & better screening in the offense to make this viable.

Last edited by phil95 (12/03/2021 2:27 pm)

Board footera