Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing



You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



1/03/2022 6:58 pm  #1


 

1/03/2022 8:17 pm  #2


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

     Thread Starter
 

1/03/2022 9:11 pm  #3


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

I guess I should have said postponed.

 

1/03/2022 11:43 pm  #4


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

Looks like the Dukes can go undefeated in conference play if people continue to not wear masks or get vaccinated.

 

1/04/2022 7:43 am  #5


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

At some point you have to wonder what the conference’s policy is on cancelled games. When Davidson was postponed it didn’t seem like a big deal. There has to be a time that works for both teams. We’ve now had three games postponed and played none. There are more postponements every day and the conference as a whole has only actually played three games.

The conference did a good job squeezing games in last season, but at some point (if we aren’t already there) it becomes inevitable that there will be some that can’t be rescheduled. The conference’s response was pretty vague initially and I haven’t seen anything further. Basically it was we revised our plan and have a new plan in place to deal with cancellations. It would be great to have more information on how the inevitable situation will be handled come March.

 

1/04/2022 10:51 am  #6


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

luckymcd wrote:

At some point you have to wonder what the conference’s policy is on cancelled games. When Davidson was postponed it didn’t seem like a big deal. There has to be a time that works for both teams. We’ve now had three games postponed and played none. There are more postponements every day and the conference as a whole has only actually played three games.

The conference did a good job squeezing games in last season, but at some point (if we aren’t already there) it becomes inevitable that there will be some that can’t be rescheduled. The conference’s response was pretty vague initially and I haven’t seen anything further. Basically it was we revised our plan and have a new plan in place to deal with cancellations. It would be great to have more information on how the inevitable situation will be handled come March.

Looks like GW is in the Covid protocol now.  Surprised the A-10 isn't trying to match-up teams not in the protocol immediately.  Like find someone to come to the Coop tomorrow night that is not in the protocol.  I know it would be a daunting task with all the schedule implications but I think it's doable.  If the Dukes are ready to play tomorrow and, say, Davidson or George Mason is then make it happen somewhere
 

 

1/04/2022 11:38 am  #7


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

Nice thought but Mason program is in protocol and Davidson game still on (so far)

 

1/04/2022 11:43 am  #8


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

kcc173 wrote:

Nice thought but Mason program is in protocol and Davidson game still on (so far)

Since that doesn't work I'm sure they can mix and match teams able to play now and fill in the holes later in the season with teams that aren't able to play now.  It would be hard work but I think it will be harder to reschedule all the games if you wait any longer.  

 

1/04/2022 12:02 pm  #9


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

Certainly agree.  There are only three options - Rhody, St. Lou and the Bonnies.  Not sure, of course, of the problems logistically for any of them, but we certainly have to come up with a plan.  By the way, I saw at least two other conferences that have played zero games , one of which is Gonzaga’s conference.

 

1/04/2022 1:29 pm  #10


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

Tristan Freeman on Twitter: "Good news for Duquesne. Team has been fully cleared and been practicing, while also being at near full health. Look for Tre Williams to be good to go at UMass on Sat. Still no sign that RJ Gunn is anywhere close to returning and wouldn’t be shocked if he’s shut down for season." / Twitter

Good news for Duquesne. Team has been fully cleared and been practicing, while also being at near full health. Look for Tre Williams to be good to go at UMass on Sat. Still no sign that RJ Gunn is anywhere close to returning and wouldn’t be shocked if he’s shut down for season.

 

1/04/2022 2:12 pm  #11


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

Good news indeed.  Now let’s keep UMass healthy.

 

1/04/2022 3:34 pm  #12


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

Thanks for the info.

Good for Tre. Not at all surprised about RJ.

I assume this means Primo is fine & Rotroff is now 100%.

Being able to practice for a while before playing again is a major advantage.

I refuse to take seriously any crap from KD about his team being out of shape & unable to practice. This is COVID season #3. Programs must either adapt or fail.

Most importantly, I am very happy to see that no players entered the portal at the end of the first semester.

 

1/04/2022 5:58 pm  #13


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

phil95 wrote:

Thanks for the info.

Good for Tre. Not at all surprised about RJ.

I assume this means Primo is fine & Rotroff is now 100%.

Being able to practice for a while before playing again is a major advantage.

I refuse to take seriously any crap from KD about his team being out of shape & unable to practice. This is COVID season #3. Programs must either adapt or fail.

Most importantly, I am very happy to see that no players entered the portal at the end of the first semester.

I’m sorry but why bring up a portal transfer issue. Unless you have some info confirming a pending transfer issue let’s stay the course. After all the A10 schedule has yet to begin. Go Dukes

 

1/04/2022 10:03 pm  #14


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

Because that's what I am thinking about & am happy about as relates to the Dukes.

A fair percentage of what you post here is utter nonsense. Still, I recognize your right to do so, don't call you out, & continue with the conversation.

You have no business telling anyone what they should or should not post.

 

1/04/2022 10:51 pm  #15


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

The transfer portal is part of the reality of college basketball in 2022. After the 1st semester, there are already 93 players in the portal, including 5 from the A10. To me, not seeing any Dukes in the portal is a positive sign that so far the coaching staff has been able to manage this more player-centric system (especially when you have a losing season going on up to this point).

     Thread Starter
 

1/05/2022 9:26 am  #16


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

phil95 wrote:

Because that's what I am thinking about & am happy about as relates to the Dukes.

A fair percentage of what you post here is utter nonsense. Still, I recognize your right to do so, don't call you out, & continue with the conversation.

You have no business telling anyone what they should or should not post.

“Pot calling the kettle black” Indeed.

 

1/05/2022 12:43 pm  #17


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

Phil,
At first when I read your line about KD complaining I thought it was a little tough.  But then I really thought about it and took a look about his comments last year and I agree with you.  I also don't want to hear any more excuses about COVID, practicing, etc.  Everyone is dealing with all of this...he needs to adapt.  If he can't, then we lose because of his inability to do so.  He has had a lot of time to get the guys to practice together and see what works and what doesn't among them.

 

1/05/2022 2:53 pm  #18


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

FAM wrote:

Phil,
At first when I read your line about KD complaining I thought it was a little tough.  But then I really thought about it and took a look about his comments last year and I agree with you.  I also don't want to hear any more excuses about COVID, practicing, etc.  Everyone is dealing with all of this...he needs to adapt.  If he can't, then we lose because of his inability to do so.  He has had a lot of time to get the guys to practice together and see what works and what doesn't among them.

Yes.  UMass last played 12/19 followed by 3 consecutive postponements/cancelations  - Dukes have had 4.  They do have a game tonight that has not been postponed (yet) so it's practically an even playing field in my opinion. UMass goes on  the road today so the travel coupled with playing a game should neutralize any "advantage" they may get by getting the extra run.  I think UMass is the perfect team for the Dukes to open against.  We'll know so much more about where the Dukes are at 2pm on Saturday than we do today.  Losing by like 6 or 8 at St Bona, for example, would still leave me with many questions

 

1/05/2022 4:59 pm  #19


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

I disagree that UMASS is an "ideal" team to open with on the road.  Duquesne has never played well at UMASS, even when we may have been the better team on paper.  I felt a lot better about starting out with two home games after the Davidson postponement, but that seemed like too much good fortune for Duquesne!  

 

1/05/2022 5:11 pm  #20


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

levon1975 wrote:

I disagree that UMASS is an "ideal" team to open with on the road.  Duquesne has never played well at UMASS, even when we may have been the better team on paper.  I felt a lot better about starting out with two home games after the Davidson postponement, but that seemed like too much good fortune for Duquesne!  

I was speaking more to skill level and expectations for the program and less about getting a win.  I think UMass and Duquesne are similarly skilled  and similarly projected  in the standings so seeing how they match up will clarify some things about this team.  But I agree that having 2 games at home against teams which the Dukes are probably better than on paper would be a nice way to get things going

 

1/05/2022 10:37 pm  #21


Re: George Washington Game Postponed

Tonight's (1/5) Atlantic 10 results:
VCU 53 -             Dayton  52
Davidson 83 -     St. Joseph 73
Richmond 80 -    UMASS 72

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum

uLINKS


DUQUESNE SITES



  • Pittsburgh Sports Now