Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2022 8:57 am  #1

Game Thread - Fordham Rams (H)

5:30pm EST tip on Saturday 02/12/2022 at the UPMC Cooper Fieldhouse, Pittsburgh, PA
Per KenPom:
Dukes #255 (6-15; 1-8 A-10) vs Fordham University Rams #195 (10-12; 3-7 A-10)
Game prediction: Dukes lose by 1, 66-65 - Dukes with 49% probability of a win.
Betting line: Dukes are 3 point favorites; Over/Under 131
Duquesne 7-13 Against the Spread: Fordham 13-9 ATS

First meeting:  Fordham 72, Dukes 71 - https://goduquesne.com/news/2022/1/12/mens-basketball-late-bucket-fells-dukes.aspx

Dukes Best Win(s): Bradley (84); UC Irvine (115); UMass (187)
Dukes Worst Loss(es): Northeastern (267); Marshall (248); Bowling Green (236)
Fordham Best Win(s): Rhode Island (121); Akron (148); Rice (186)
Fordham Worst Loss(es): Maryland Eastern Shore (323); Manhattan (279); George Washington (239)

Four Factors ==> Effective field goal percentage; Turnover percentage; Offensive rebounding percentage; Free throw rate (shown below if team has Top 100 ranking overall or top 4 in conference as a strength; if team has Bottom 100 ranking or bottom 4 in conference as a weakness)

Here's a look at Fordham for the season (national ranking out of 358 teams):
Offensive Strength: None
Offensive Weakness: Effective FG % (293); Offensive Rebound % (259)
Defensive Strength: Turnover % (97)
Defensive Weakness: None

Here's a look at Fordham in the A-10 (conference ranking out of 14 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Offensive Rebound % (13); FT Rate (13); Effective FG % (13)
Offensive Weakness:  None
Defensive Strength:  Turnover % (3)
Defensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (11)

Here's a look at the Dukes for the season (national ranking out of 358 teams):
Offensive Strength: Offensive Rebound % (64)
Offensive Weakness: FT Rate (344); Effective FG % (314)
Defensive Strength: FT Rate (6)
Defensive Weakness: Offensive Rebound % (313); Effective FG % (298)

Here's a look at the Dukes in the A-10 (conference ranking out of 14 teams):
Offensive Strength:  None
Offensive Weakness:  FT Rate (14); Effective FG % (14)
Defensive Strength:  FT Rate (1)
Defensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (13); Effective FG % (13)

Points per Possession and Number of Possessions
Fordham Adj Offense Efficiency - 96.0; 304 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Defense Efficiency - 107.7; 275 in D-1
Fordham Adj Defense Efficiency - 97.9; 79 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Offense Efficiency - 100.6; 218 in D-1
Fordham Adj Tempo - 67.9; 142 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Tempo - 65.6; 279 in D-1

Miscellaneous
Experience - Fordham 2.05 yrs; 142 in D-1; Dukes 0.73 yrs; 354 in D-1
Average Height - Fordham 76.4"; 271 in D-1; Dukes 77.0"; 156 in D-1

Haslametrics = has the Dukes as 266th in the country.
Fordham is 197th in the country.
Automated Game Preview:  https://haslametrics.com/preview.php?yr=&tid2=4391&tid1=4483&neut=0
Overall Ratings:  http://haslametrics.com/ratings.php

2/12/2022 10:24 am  #2

Re: Game Thread - Fordham Rams (H)

Shades of the Danny Nee last season I really don't give a crap meltdown. I believe that we won four games that year.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

2/12/2022 11:46 am  #3

Take the points.  Until they cover, I would bet against them.

2/12/2022 1:25 pm  #4

If KD is any coach at all. They would win this game. If they lose by more than 10, he is not that coach to the next level, except down.

2/12/2022 6:18 pm  #5

Is anybody able to watch on ESPN+? If so, how?

2/12/2022 6:23 pm  #6

I really hate to say it but I will change my prediction of wins for the remainder of the season to 0.

2/12/2022 6:29 pm  #7

It’s on CBSSN.

2/12/2022 7:42 pm  #8

Well, I gave my prediction of 2, with asking whether you want over or under.  My hope was that Fordham and GW would be the two wins.  So far, no good.  My next prediction is if they lose the rest of the games this year, Dambrot will have a hard time keeping players...but you know what, it doesn't matter.  They are losing with them, they can lose without them.  Any chance of anyone on this board talking Dambrot into resigning on his own?  What was the ATTENDANCE?

Anybody see Carrie last night...they were talking about him making it to the NBA.

Last edited by FAM (2/12/2022 7:46 pm)

2/12/2022 7:47 pm  #9

Rock bottom yet again.   Last post until I collect my trip to McKees Rocks.   Beating a dead horse (program) at this point.

2/12/2022 8:19 pm  #10

I repeat,,,devoid of A-10 talent.  Sad but true.

2/12/2022 8:31 pm  #11

They arent going to win another game.25 more days to go.

2/12/2022 8:43 pm  #12

I was there at the game tonight. On the positive side, plenty of parking. On the bad side, we never had the lead.  I have one good suggestion to get the Coop packed for next game. Offer free beer. (Just kidding). In the row in front of me were about 6 or 7 recruits. I'm not sure what their take of coming here would be after watching this. I would imagine that finding good recruits starts to get hard after a season like this. But who knows.

2/12/2022 8:58 pm  #13

A recruit could see opportunity. Lots of minutes from game one.
He thinks I can do better than these guys.
It will be interesting to see if this teams wins another game.

2/12/2022 9:14 pm  #14

NapaDuke wrote:

I was there at the game tonight. On the positive side, plenty of parking. On the bad side, we never had the lead.  I have one good suggestion to get the Coop packed for next game. Offer free beer. (Just kidding). In the row in front of me were about 6 or 7 recruits. I'm not sure what their take of coming here would be after watching this. I would imagine that finding good recruits starts to get hard after a season like this. But who knows.

I hope they were all 6' 11" and 255.  Please don't say they were all point guards.  

This team does not have a leader, someone who puts this team on his shoulders.  The minute they begin to fall behind, everyone starts to play playground ball.  And, the further behind they fall, the worse it gets.  Their play goes back and forth from tentative to out of control.  If someone tries to pass, it is either wildly off target or bounces off a surprised recipient's hands and leads to a turnover.  What happened to our ability to play above the rim?  In past years, we used to lob it a few times each game to go for the slam.  After 8 games like this, you would expect to see some improvement.  I agree with FAM, I think another exodus is coming, and it really doesn't matter.

Finally, Dambrot looks like he is going to explode.  If he stays, it will be interesting to see what he changes.

Last edited by indygjm (2/12/2022 9:16 pm)

2/12/2022 9:30 pm  #15

The sad news. My buddy at NC State tells me Wolfpack Nation is going to giveMiller the job. No Archie at Duquesne. 😭 Dambrot has hit rock bottom. I feel sorry for the Duquesne Administration. This is a train wreck.

2/12/2022 10:39 pm  #16

Does anyone on this forum believe the administration will make any changes at season's end? If we lose the rest or win one somehow I just don't know if Harper will do anything?  Honestly if you were the AD what would you do?  If you fire Dambrot or he simply resigns who would even have any interest in the head coaching position here?  Not sure that Archie Miller would of even had any interest in coming to Duquesne.  It is depressing to write this but I'm just being honest; the only difference between now and our last coaching search is the facility upgrade.
GO DUKES!

2/13/2022 8:00 am  #17

indygjm wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

I hope they were all 6' 11" and 255.  Please don't say they were all point guards.  

This team does not have a leader, someone who puts this team on his shoulders.  The minute they begin to fall behind, everyone starts to play playground ball.  And, the further behind they fall, the worse it gets.  Their play goes back and forth from tentative to out of control.  If someone tries to pass, it is either wildly off target or bounces off a surprised recipient's hands and leads to a turnover.  What happened to our ability to play above the rim?  In past years, we used to lob it a few times each game to go for the slam.  After 8 games like this, you would expect to see some improvement.  I agree with FAM, I think another exodus is coming, and it really doesn't matter.

Finally, Dambrot looks like he is going to explode.  If he stays, it will be interesting to see what he changes.

One big guy 2 seats in front of me.  at least 3 kids the size of  forwards or tall guards, and a couple of guys that I would take as guards. One of the Asst. Coaches came up before the game and  greeted each one and shook hands with all of them. I was thinking if he comes down my row 2 more seats, I might even get a handshake too for just showing up. LOL. 

2/13/2022 8:35 am  #18

2/13/2022 9:55 am  #19

Well KD was right in his post-game analysis in that the Dukes got manhandled physically; but also lacked the toughness to fight back.  Fordham had a few bigger, more mature players; but there’s no excuse for the Dukes not battling their size differential by being more aggressive! 
Another valid point that some of you may not like is that the Dukes played better with Davis Larsen on the floor.  He knows how to play the game and it showed yesterday.  He understands what a good shot is; and how to get one.  He worked a nice two-man game with Tre to set up an open three.  He saw the help defender was reluctant to move too far from Tre so Larsen slightly re/positioned to the right and Tre found him for the open three.  He also understands defensive rotations and was in the middle of a few forced turnovers in the second-half when it looked as if the Dukes might steal one.  He needs to play as much as he can handle.

2/13/2022 12:09 pm  #20

It cant be cool or exciting to go see them play, as a recruit, but there are a lot of teams with bad records and few fans.   We do at least have the Coop.   Maybe the arena and the A10 is enough to get 1-2 decent players.   At least they are trying to get players.   🤷🏻‍♂️

Pratt did have 20 pts last night.   He seems legit.

2/13/2022 12:30 pm  #21

Coach is going to be around next year as this isnt Ohio State,we arent a athletic factory and Duquesne doesnt
have that kind of money to replace a basketball coach.Its nice that Gormley wants good basketball but this is
still a small  college playing mid major basketball.Grateful that Duquesne upgraded the basketball athletic facilities.
It really isnt important who leaves its more about bringing talent in this spring.

2/13/2022 12:37 pm  #22

There is no foundation player at Duquesne,no one on the team to build around,no leader,and a few players
who give you a brief whiff of being good,its just always inconsistent play,a good play here and two bad plays
there.

2/13/2022 12:45 pm  #23

I am hopeful Dambrot and assistants can assemble some talent for next year.Trying to stay positive ,
I have been really negative but any jerk can be that,so I support the Dukes and KD .

2/13/2022 12:49 pm  #24

It would be a nice get to bring Rick Suders kid here.Hes gotten interest form IU and Purdue,just like the blood
lines

2/13/2022 12:49 pm  #25

-EXCELLENT QUESTIONS TO DAMBROT in the interview, the best of the year...especially about how he handles the losses after games
-He does say he is responsible, unlike Ferry, but like Ferry, he hasn't succeeded 
-Davidson lost yesterday...they will crush Duquesne
-He says a lot of things about we might as well play this person, or do that...we are losing anyhow...everything but playing a zone...no, that is not the answer and they aren't going to win going to a zone, but for gosh sakes, try something different
-We are the W on everyone's schedule
-What a SAD year

Last edited by FAM (2/13/2022 12:50 pm)

Board footera