Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2022 9:19 am  #2

Re: Christian Ray Visiting Duquesne

Wow. So much to unpack here.

The teardown must be more extensive than even imagined. Assuming all 6 verbals ( at this moment ) are signed the maximum amount of returnees would be 7.

With about 2 weeks left to enter the portal and be immediately eligible we have 9 players in tow ( Gunn , Ayers, Rotroff , Williams , Easley , Barba , Bekelja , Spears and Hima ). At a MINIMUM 2 of these 9 are leaving. Mr. Easley is looking at pro opportunities and Mr. Ayers had some sort of personal situation during the latter part of the 2021-22 season so their returns are certainly up in the air. 

The staff is pretty good at once they get a targeted player on campus closing the deal. So I am going to assume they close the deal on one or more of this weeks vistors. This means another 2021-22 player departs - OR a verbaled player relooks at the situation and decides to sign elsewhere in the quest for a better opportunity.

I guess the old adage that you never stop recruiting is even more true than ever.

4/15/2022 10:16 am  #3

We have 6 incoming currently.   With 3 guys on campus this week, could make 9, therefore only 4 would remain from what we have today?   So 5 of the current 9 would be leaving?
Math is hard.   

Saw Devin Carney, from Butler, decomiited from Elon, he average 26 ppg at Butler(6A school), 6'1'' guard.   Dukes were interested him before.   Also saw Adou got interest from Xavier.   That kind of seems right for him.

Adou made the PG Fab 5.     Pratt made all conference, in the same conference as Adou and next years class Brandin Cummings.  At the very least, Pratt played against and with big time talent. 

Last edited by townsonkid (4/15/2022 5:16 pm)

4/15/2022 1:02 pm  #4

I like Ray, he can play; is gritty and a smart player!

4/15/2022 2:26 pm  #5

So do we have 3 official visits this weekend? McCriff, Ray and the Miami of Ohio kid?

4/15/2022 6:06 pm  #6

ghost wrote:

Wow. So much to unpack here.

The teardown must be more extensive than even imagined. Assuming all 6 verbals ( at this moment ) are signed the maximum amount of returnees would be 7.

With about 2 weeks left to enter the portal and be immediately eligible we have 9 players in tow ( Gunn , Ayers, Rotroff , Williams , Easley , Barba , Bekelja , Spears and Hima ). At a MINIMUM 2 of these 9 are leaving. Mr. Easley is looking at pro opportunities and Mr. Ayers had some sort of personal situation during the latter part of the 2021-22 season so their returns are certainly up in the air. 

The staff is pretty good at once they get a targeted player on campus closing the deal. So I am going to assume they close the deal on one or more of this weeks vistors. This means another 2021-22 player departs - OR a verbaled player relooks at the situation and decides to sign elsewhere in the quest for a better opportunity.

I guess the old adage that you never stop recruiting is even more true than ever.

Who is coming, who is going, who is staying; it must be April on the Bluff. Ghost, you have this correct. Fingers crossed that the desired players are staying & the prized, recent recruits sign NLIs soon.

I am encouraged & impressed by both the the last 4 guys to give verbal commitments & the quality of the players on official visits this weekend.

4/19/2022 9:01 pm  #7

Signed with Delaware

4/19/2022 9:31 pm  #8

I wonder if Ray thought that he might not get  many minutes here what with the other players that have committed and others still planning visits. 

4/20/2022 9:35 am  #9

More worried about no news from Dae Dae Grant.   Would really like to add him to the mix.

4/20/2022 10:45 am  #10

townsonkid wrote:

More worried about no news from Dae Dae Grant.   Would really like to add him to the mix.

Agree. When is/was he visiting? 

4/20/2022 11:06 am  #11

I believe he was here this past weekend.   

Board footera