Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/20/2022 10:44 am  #1

Devin Carney

The guard from Butler is visiting Duq now.

4/20/2022 11:14 am  #2

4/20/2022 11:19 am  #3

Re: Devin Carney

I was impressed with an account of Carney stating that he displays a very strong understanding of how to play the game!  He seems to check a lot of boxes; can score as well.  I’d have probably seen him play a few times in past years; but between Covid and no local paper; I just haven’t made many local HS games in the past few years.

4/20/2022 11:21 am  #4

He was a scoring machine for Butler HS, like 28 ppg.   Couple A10 teams were interested in him.  Decommitted from Elon after coach left.   St Bona offered him recently.   

Tre Mitchell enters transfer portal.   

4/20/2022 12:21 pm  #5

4/20/2022 12:47 pm  #6

4/20/2022 4:46 pm  #7

townsonkid wrote:

He was a scoring machine for Butler HS, like 28 ppg.   Couple A10 teams were interested in him.  Decommitted from Elon after coach left.   St Bona offered him recently.   

Tre Mitchell enters transfer portal.   

I'm from Butler, I've seen him play many times and subscribe to the local paper which he was constantly in the sports page.  Overshadowed by Ethan Morton two years ago and covid mess kept him from being notice by bigger programs until now.  Personally I'm excited to see the Dukes pursuing Devin, excellent shooter and smart player.  Having Matt Clement as a coach at Butler, playing successfully in high pressured WPIAL games are all positives.

4/20/2022 5:52 pm  #8

I have officiated games involving Devin as well as his father. Both very good players but better people. It’s time for Dambrot to grab every local kid as I stated for the last three years. While coach is at it, get Tre Mitchell out of the portal and Therio from QV. If you keep all the local talent, you just need to fill in the spots. It’s not as difficult as it seems.

4/20/2022 6:28 pm  #9

Looks like he's got Jackie Johnson range.

4/20/2022 7:14 pm  #10

Carney would certainly be a good get if not a great one for the Dukes. Especially if Dae Dae slips through our fingers.

4/21/2022 8:21 am  #11

Wildwood13 wrote:

I have officiated games involving Devin as well as his father. Both very good players but better people. It’s time for Dambrot to grab every local kid as I stated for the last three years. While coach is at it, get Tre Mitchell out of the portal and Therio from QV. If you keep all the local talent, you just need to fill in the spots. It’s not as difficult as it seems.

Will be curious to see the path Mitchell takes now, he didnt exact flop at Texas, but could certainly come back to someplace like the A10 and be a true force again.   Would love to get him.   I hope Dambrot reaches out to him, kicks the tires.

If you were KD, would you hire Bergeron as asst coach if it meant getting Mitchell?
https://www.burntorangenation.com/2022/4/20/23033948/tre-mitchell-enters-ncaa-transfer-portal-texas-longhorns

Last edited by townsonkid (4/25/2022 8:51 am)

Board footera