Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/14/2022 11:33 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - DePaul University Blue Demons

Why is it that the clownish Athletic Department can't seem to mic the reporter pool & have the right amount of microphones for the amount of people at the subject table for a postgame press conference at home?

Any way you slice it, this was a quality win with some clear bright spots for Barre, Clark, & Q & Reece. I am happy.

DePaul did DU a great favor by running very little high pick & roll. That is the action that KD's defensive scheme struggles most with. Them being on the road without 3 regulars didn't help their cause either.

12/14/2022 11:52 pm  #27

phil95 wrote:

Why is it that the clownish Athletic Department can't seem to mic the reporter pool & have the right amount of microphones for the amount of people at the subject table for a postgame press conference at home?

It is such a 2 bit operation at times. The fans, players and coaches deserve better. These post game pressers are the best source of thoughts and info about the game and you can’t hear the questions and many of the answers. Piss poor execution.

12/15/2022 7:26 am  #28

Happy for Quincy as he has looked out of it the past two and half games. He needs to play like that even if he's coming off the bench. Rozier is getting better and better, more aggressive and the shots will start falling more often. Hope Dixon gets it together I think the return of Reece has him a little nervous about his role, especially with Barre playing now, great debut for him!

12/15/2022 7:55 am  #29

I'm big on expectations.  I expected this team to be good--much better than projections at the beginning of the season. After the last 4 games against the better teams on the non-conference schedule, it appears the team will have some bumpy roads to navigate while also experiencing a decent amount of success. As I said before, the pieces of this basketball team's puzzle seem to be falling into place--witness Barre's debut and the pick-me-up play of "non-starters." 

The general consensus of this board is that they wanted to see competitive, if not winning, hoops.  They wanted to see progress being made.  To date, they have gotten their collective wishes granted by the play of the team.  I expect to see the same successes and, alas, failures, by this team in the last two non-conference games and in the A-10 games.  I am enjoying this season immensely.

12/15/2022 7:57 am  #30

Current A10 Kenpom rankings:
63. St Louis
74. Dayton
83. Richmond
118. UMass
123. Loyola-Chicago
124. VCU
126. St. Bonaventure
129. Duquesne
132. George Mason
135. Davidson
157. Fordham
190. Rhode Island
207. George Washington
220. Lasalle
234. St. Joes

7 teams from 118 to 135

12/15/2022 8:12 am  #31

Congrats to the coaches, the players, and the athletic department.  Nice to beat a name brand school ranked higher than you are.  Wonderful Job!!!

Go Dukes

12/15/2022 8:14 am  #32

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

The Dukes beat a top 100 team from a power conference and people are complaining. SMH.

I only can complain about anything if we LOSE! 🏀

12/15/2022 8:40 am  #33

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

The Dukes beat a top 100 team from a power conference and people are complaining. SMH.

Complaining. Here?

12/15/2022 9:27 am  #34

Nice article from Jerry DiPaola at the Tribune Review that helped fill in some of the missing pieces from the post game presser.

https://triblive.com/sports/duquesne-welcomes-depaul-to-town-greets-blue-demons-with-a-66-55-victory/

12/15/2022 10:22 am  #35

BluffHunter wrote:

Postgame press conference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub0zjYJU0uM

Dae Dae and Joe start it off and Dambrot and Dru Joyce begin at 8:54

Coach stated University finals with schedule was a problem. Sorry don’t buy it. NM traveled 3000 miles arrived late in the night. Criminal investigation due to incident. Player suspended head coaches job maybe in jeopardy. Last night the Dukes played defense big time.Whatever Dambrot did in practice should be incorporated into the Dukes future practices. Those two loses on the coaching staff. Defense wins championships in every sport. Kudos to Coach Dambrot & staff recruiting a very deep & athletic team. Emphasis on Defense winner winner chicken dinner. Go Dukes.

12/15/2022 10:46 am  #36

I know its only 1 game, and just some minutes of said game, but that Barre looked good, huh?   

12/15/2022 11:19 am  #37

I like what Barre brought and showed some good upside.  It was great to see the team sharing the ball and getting back to more of the basketball that made them a better scoring and defensive team (as witnessed earlier in the season).

12/15/2022 1:15 pm  #38

Lot of interesting takes here after a huge win. A decisive handling of a power 5 opponent is certainly nothing to scoff at. I am super excited about Barre from what I saw. Brings another dimension to our front court. Also, say what you will about the coaching staff’s defensive schemes, but wow i’d say it was pretty effective last night. Made a high scoring Depaul team look like they might never score another field goal at times in that game. We completely shut down Gibson, taking the head off the snake. And from what I’ve seen from Gibson in the games I’ve watched, that is also certainly nothing to scoff at. What a defensive performance from Clark. Ups and downs are part of this crazy sport, but I’ll happily enjoy the ride watching this group.

12/15/2022 6:27 pm  #39

DePaul is not in a Power 5 Conference.  They are in the Big East.  But good win anyway.

12/15/2022 7:30 pm  #40

Many often refer to the Power 6 including the Big East.  Semantics.  Big East consistently rated ahead of one or two or more Power 5 teams.

12/15/2022 7:51 pm  #41

townsonkid wrote:

I know its only 1 game, and just some minutes of said game, but that Barre looked good, huh?   

He sure did. Best part of the night.

12/15/2022 9:55 pm  #42

Sorry to say I wasn't able to attend the DePaul game but was confident that we could win without my help!
Really sorry to have missed Barre's debut. Excited to think what he can mean to this program moving forward this season and beyond!  Lot's of positives to be excited about! KD needs another recruiting class just like this one!

Last edited by El Presidente (12/15/2022 9:55 pm)

12/15/2022 9:57 pm  #43

Good article by Tristan Freeman, "Duquesne basketball's win over DePaul reignites special season potential":

https://bustingbrackets.com/2022/12/15/duquesne-basketballs-win-depaul-reignites-special-season-potential/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

12/15/2022 10:11 pm  #44

BluffHunter wrote:

Good article by Tristan Freeman, "Duquesne basketball's win over DePaul reignites special season potential":

https://bustingbrackets.com/2022/12/15/duquesne-basketballs-win-depaul-reignites-special-season-potential/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Like it!

Board footera