Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/31/2023 6:44 pm  #1

This article sheds light on this weekend's visits

I wonder if the DU athletic department ponied up for the flights from Finland  only to have Pitt & Syracuse beat them to the punch on scholarship offers?"On Tuesday, the Pitt basketball program offered a high school prospect for the first time in months, extending a scholarship offer to Morris Ugusuk out of Helsinki, Finland.
=1.2remUgusuk, who is a 6-foot-4 guard in the class of 2024, plays basketball in Finland still but plans to come over to the United States for his senior year.

If Helsinki, Finland rings a bell for Pitt fans, it is because it is the hometown of current Panther Federiko Federiko. Shortly after receiving the offer from Pitt, Ugusuk told Pittsburgh Sports Now that he is friends with the Federiko family.
“I’ve known him [Federiko] since I was a kid,” Ugusuk told PSN. “We know each other very well. My family and his family are good friends, so we’ve known each other for a long time.”
Ugusuk is currently fielding a Division I recruitment, and has taken two visits so far on his trip to the United States: Duquesne, and Oklahoma State. He has not been to Pitt yet, but was able to see Federiko while he was in town for his Duquesne visit recently. All year, he has had his eye on Federiko’s performance from back home in Finland.
“It’s awesome,” Ugusuk said when asked what Federiko’s success in the States means to him. “It shows that anything is possible, if you really put in the work.”
=1.2remUgusuk took that visit to Duquesne with Federiko’s younger brother, Okku, who is also a Division I prospect. On Monday night, Okku Federiko received an offer from Syracuse."

Board footera