Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2023 11:51 am  #26

Re: Drame Twins To Duquesne

Someone on the A10 board posted the Drame's got 40k NIL deals here.

4/06/2023 1:41 pm  #27

Motor wrote:

I am also of the PRO Drame Twins.  From what has been written by multiple sources about the competitive fire they possess.  This translate into a great TEAM players who are winners.  They have 4 years of D1 experience and have been through the wars in NCAA, A10 and Foreign competition.
McGriff was a selfish offense only player who although played some point was also heavy on turnovers at the least opportune time. For his size just hung around the 3 point line and seldom took it to the hoop or was an effective rebounder.  Similar to Gunn who could shoot but did not use his size to our advantage.
I am excited to add these guys and look forward to the 2 next recruits that will be coming.  Hopefully an experienced 6-10 or more and a true point guard 6 foot or more.
Unless Carney is being groomed to take over the point. 

Go Dukes

The more solid this team looks at this point can actually attract a decent Big to come here for the reason the team looks great, but a big coming in here can see a very good chance of playing big time minutes..

4/06/2023 2:18 pm  #28

Need verification, but last time we had twins on the roster we were ranked and making NCAA’s

Nelson Twins.

4/06/2023 9:22 pm  #29

WashPaRick wrote:

What board?

4/06/2023 9:53 pm  #30

BluffHunter wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

What board?

basketballforum.com/forums/atlantic-10-conference.79/

4/07/2023 1:28 pm  #31

As far as I’m concerned the Drames are international students with student visas. With an F-1 student visa it is illegal to participate in nil incentives or have any income unrelated to your education taht is unapproved. I believe the speculation about how much they are being paid to come here is false.

4/07/2023 1:46 pm  #32

I think its best top hope this isnt true.   

4/10/2023 7:54 am  #33

In regard to the twins I initially was not impressed with the signing by Dambrot & staff. In fact I commented my opinion to Pistol in a previous post. Guess what I was wrong big time. Went to ESPN mens college basketball Lasalle games & box scores. The twins put up solid numbers of points & rebounds against a strong pre conference schedule. Look what they did against the Dukes. My conclusion was that Quesenberry like Spears of last season not exactly was assist first shoot later. Hopefully, my reassessment is correct of this recent portal pickup. Lesson to myself & this board, research before one fires from the hip. Mea culpa Coach Dambrot.

Last edited by Ironduke81 (4/10/2023 8:30 am)

4/10/2023 10:47 am  #34

Ironduke81 wrote:

In regard to the twins I initially was not impressed with the signing by Dambrot & staff. In fact I commented my opinion to Pistol in a previous post. Guess what I was wrong big time. Went to ESPN mens college basketball Lasalle games & box scores. The twins put up solid numbers of points & rebounds against a strong pre conference schedule. Look what they did against the Dukes. My conclusion was that Quesenberry like Spears of last season not exactly was assist first shoot later. Hopefully, my reassessment is correct of this recent portal pickup. Lesson to myself & this board, research before one fires from the hip. Mea culpa Coach Dambrot.

Thanks Ironduke, I for one appreciate this. Some of the original BS that was posted here was way out of line. And I don't mean you or anyone who had legitimate questions about whether this was a good basketball move by the Dukes. I mean those who impugned the twins' reasons, motivations and characters without knowing spit about them. I wonder if we'll ever see those apologies.

4/10/2023 6:56 pm  #35

MikeR wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

Thanks Ironduke, I for one appreciate this. Some of the original BS that was posted here was way out of line. And I don't mean you or anyone who had legitimate questions about whether this was a good basketball move by the Dukes. I mean those who impugned the twins' reasons, motivations and characters without knowing spit about them. I wonder if we'll ever see those apologies.

Mike R when you’re wrong you’re wrong. Go Dukes

4/11/2023 3:44 pm  #36

Truly hoping that the Drames twins work out for us. Don't know if either will win a starting position here. That will be determined based on who else we bring in and who looks good in camp. They do look like solid players off the bench at the very least and possibly more.

4/11/2023 4:09 pm  #37

I really like the qualities attributed to these guys. Players that bring defense, energy, athleticism, experience, winning experience at a high level, & toughness are a major need for this program. Their reputations as great team players are also very exciting to me. I am also digging the idea that this pickup will keep Chabi in the program for at least another season.

I am a bit concerned with their size/3pt shooting proficiency combination. This makes me unsure of their ability to make a major contribution where it is most needed.

I would prefer a PF with a bit more size. If that were the case with the twins their inability to stretch the floor from the 4 spot would be less of a detractor. Conversely, they do have excellent size/strength for an A-10 SF but their 3pt shooting percentage will surely limit their effectiveness at that position.

Last edited by phil95 (4/11/2023 4:10 pm)

Board footera