Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/23/2023 6:52 pm  #1

Andrei Savrasov Commits To Duquesne

Big get for the Dukes

https://twitter.com/PghSportsNow/status/1650281344834969602?s=20

Last edited by CLK (4/23/2023 6:53 pm)

4/23/2023 8:32 pm  #2

Re: Andrei Savrasov Commits To Duquesne

This is very exciting! Congratulations to the coaching staff.

I hope that the current abundance of 3/4 types doesn't make anyone leave.

4/23/2023 8:57 pm  #3

Agreed Phil and I suspect a pretty good upgrade over RJGunn.  I wonder as well about all the 3/4 types, but the 3 commits at forward would only be one year guys, correct?  The guy I really want to see stay that plays similar position is Matus.  Dixon is a 4 and that is where I hope he stays as the 3 newcomers look more like 3's, but I guess they could play the 4 if we go small, which frankly I don't prefer.  I wouldn't like a line up that started 3 guards like Rozier, Clark and Dae Dae - just too small for my liking.  We also still need a true 5 so I hope we land someone soon for that spot that can come in and start!  We are apparently still after the Utah State guard according to PSN, but we then have three true 2 guards (DD, Clark and new guy).  The 5 has to be a focal point as we already have another PG commitment.  All just my thoughts, but I believe we are bringing in some good pieces.

4/23/2023 9:21 pm  #4

Welcome, Andrei.
Here’s a video from Georgia Southern that highlights this young man’s journey from Russia to American college basketball. His coach at Georgia Southern, Brian Burg, was terminated which smoothed the way for his transfer to the Dukes.

https://twitter.com/GSAthletics_MBB/status/1631449054834982916

4/23/2023 9:56 pm  #5

Seems like a great addition to the program. A good player and a good kid. Congrats to the coaching staff for the get. So looking forward to next season and a Dukes team that will definitely compete for the A-10 title.

4/23/2023 10:44 pm  #6

Pistol, one thought for the point guard - play Jimmy Clark there! Clark, DaeDae, Savrasov, Dixon and anyone of the other bigs  in the starting lineup - that is a ball team that challenges for the A10 title!

4/24/2023 8:43 am  #7

He looks like one of the Nelson twins only more athletic.Oh my ,what a tremendous get,its like going back
to the early 70s.I definetly want to move to Pittsburgh get season tickets for Duquesne basketballl games.
Tremendous! 

4/24/2023 8:51 am  #8

WE need another physical 6-10 guy and I am moving back to Pleasant Hills cause the Dukes going to kick a little A10 ass  this year.Go mighty Bluffites.I wish Russ Franke was still around and hopefully Red Manning
is looking down from Heaven with a smile starting next NOVEMBER..

4/24/2023 8:55 am  #9

I was out of town for 5 days, come back to some exciting news, an older do-it-all kind of guy from Ga Southern, and a rookie PG with crazy athletic skills.    Sounds good.  
Just heard on the local sports talk show that dont scoff at the Bronny James to Duquesne talk.   I still say about a 2% chance it happens, but who knows these days.

4/24/2023 9:41 am  #10

You put 15 pounds of muscle on David Dixon  and you are developing  this kid with Lionel Billingy athletic ability. skills.

4/24/2023 9:54 am  #11

DoesPittsburgh host next years NCAA TOURNAMENT. The dukes in Pittsburgh NCAAs., How Sweet?

4/24/2023 10:30 am  #12

Hook Shot I would like to see if Clark could play the PG.  He can beat you off the dribble and Dae Dae could be more the off guard who wouldn't tire out by running the point.  Some of the pieces are interchangeable, but I said all along that I like Kareem getting 12-15 min off the bench.  Stew I like your compare of Dixon to one of our best, the true LTrain - I loved his game.  

4/24/2023 10:49 am  #13

Late in season Dixon steals the ball and runs and dribbles like a guard from helf court for a layup.He has Lionels speed and agility

4/24/2023 10:53 am  #14

Today feels like  Xmas. Andrei and the Lasalle twins means opponents get one and done shots at the basket.
Duquesne rules the backboards.

4/24/2023 11:36 am  #15

Are we out of scholarships?

4/24/2023 12:30 pm  #16

stew wrote:

My scholarship count:

Tre Williams
Dae Dae
Jimmy Clarke
Kareem
Drame twins
Dixon
Chabi
Matus
Savrasov
Kailon Nichols

So 11.  2 more still available

4/24/2023 1:04 pm  #17

Styles1229 wrote:

stew wrote:

My scholarship count:

Tre Williams
Dae Dae
Jimmy Clarke
Kareem
Drame twins
Dixon
Chabi
Matus
Savrasov
Kailon Nichols

Add Andy Barba = 1 left. 

I am no longer sure how NILs affect scholarship limits.  Remember we started the last year with 15 player including Easley.  I would not b surprised to have more than 13 to start next season.  

4/24/2023 2:27 pm  #18

CLK wrote:

Styles1229 wrote:

stew wrote:

My scholarship count:

Tre Williams
Dae Dae
Jimmy Clarke
Kareem
Drame twins
Dixon
Chabi
Matus
Savrasov
Kailon Nichols

Add Andy Barba = 1 left. 

I am no longer sure how NILs affect scholarship limits.  Remember we started the last year with 15 player including Easley.  I would not b surprised to have more than 13 to start next season.  

Still up in the air is Reece.  Will he get a red shirt year and will he actually count on limit?
Always very interesting at Duquesne. 

4/24/2023 2:36 pm  #19

I hear Barba is a great kid, but in 2 years, for injury and other reasons, he hasn't really sniffed the Court.  With everyone that we added I don't see it happening this coming year either.  Matus has much greater potential and showed enough for my taste that I would like to see him continue to develop on the Bluff.  Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me with all these forwards if there is more roster movement, but I guess we'll see.  One thing we need for sure....................A TRUE 5/BIG!!!!

4/24/2023 7:23 pm  #20

Late to the party. Stew is exuberant. I must say that I'm a bit happy about this has he has really nice stats from his previous experience. We need a big dude

4/24/2023 7:25 pm  #21

When you start talking about the big train ur in my area Stew. I love my Duquesne brothers.

4/24/2023 7:27 pm  #22

Frickin early 70s as the end was coming from being a powerhouse to being a Doormat for PITT...my father is rolling in his grave

4/24/2023 7:31 pm  #23

Didn't they play some kind of thing over the intercom of a train running? I was only about five or six years old at the time. My father used to always say he bled red and blue. I'm in that camp but exhausted from being completely insignificant.

4/25/2023 6:52 am  #24

Checked on how he played against Marshall since we played them also. He had 18 pts in 35 minutes in a home win and 20 pts. in 36 minutes in a 1 point loss on the road. In 80 minutes combined against Marshall, Williams, Reece, Rotroff, and Dixon scored 19 pts. Not sure it means anything but I found it interesting.

4/25/2023 6:58 am  #25

Maybe Savrasov’s jersey number will #71 just like the guy across Forbes Ave that skates for the Penguins. Great pickup👍

Board footera