Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/26/2023 7:22 pm  #51

Re: '23 Transfer Portal

It would be great if we could get a Bailee Steele type of guy. They do badly need a post player.

4/26/2023 7:42 pm  #52

Richards didn't get much playing time down there.

4/26/2023 7:52 pm  #53

ONE point to clarify -  I read in the PG when they were talking about one of the players Pitt is recruiting in the portal - they said that the players in the portal are allowed to make FIVE visits to campuses   So when we see so many schools "reaching out to a kid"   May be somewhat misleading --  and while a player MAY commit without a visit -  might be something of a stretch -  DO think the player would at least want to see the campus, general area etc.  Would be nice if Pittsburgh Sports Now could find out who might be VISITING -  that could help.

CLK:  APPRECIATE  ALL the names you come up with.

5/01/2023 8:35 am  #54

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Some Primo Spears news....  On the move again!
https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1635323694611566592

Primo heading to Florida State.

5/01/2023 11:29 am  #55

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

That one surprises me. He seems to be the antithesis of a player Leonard Hamilton would go after.

5/01/2023 3:51 pm  #56

luckymcd wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

That one surprises me. He seems to be the antithesis of a player Leonard Hamilton would go after.

Hamilton had a Dambrot-esqe type of anomaly season last year; the wheels came off and finished 9-23. This was Hamilton’s first losing season since 2005 and his worst defensive team ever by far and away. It will be an interesting experiment with Primo.

5/02/2023 7:52 am  #57

Does Spears have to sit out a year now?   3 teams in 3 years.   Should qualify for a sit out year, no?

Portal now is old enough now that some players were recruited out of HS by some teams that are interested in them now, again.   Might not need a visit.   

Just got back from jury duty for 5 days, anything new?   Last I saw we got the frosh PG from Canada and Russian big guy transfer.   

5/02/2023 11:48 am  #58

Leonard Hamilton usually has players who are great athletes and he gets them to play defense and trigger open court opportunities that take advantage of their athleticism for easy scores.  From what I saw of Spears last season at Georgetown, he seemed to have taken a slightly more team oriented approach, so I think he progressed, but G-town was of course an terrible team.  It will be his third try; can he actually contribute to a winning team?  We shall see.

5/02/2023 7:25 pm  #59

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Hamilton had a Dambrot-esqe type of anomaly season last year; the wheels came off and finished 9-23. This was Hamilton’s first losing season since 2005 and his worst defensive team ever by far and away. It will be an interesting experiment with Primo.

So his solution to an anomaly season is a prime contributor to another anomaly season? That should be interesting! I’m not about to question his method though. He’s a great coach.

Board footera