Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2023 12:13 pm  #1

Walk-on Commitment

For those looking for information on Duquesne basketball, Johnny is probably the most dialed in. You may want to bookmark his site or follow him on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/TheBluffBlog/status/1654165712779214864?s=20

5/04/2023 8:58 pm  #2

Re: Walk-on Commitment

CLK wrote:

For those looking for information on Duquesne basketball, Johnny is probably the most dialed in. You may want to bookmark his site or follow him on Twitter.

Jonny is a good dude, funny and is as passionate about Duquesne basketball than anyone. Definitely worth a follow on Twitter.

5/05/2023 1:36 pm  #3

5/06/2023 10:17 am  #4

CLK wrote:

And there were two nasty comments "low level get" and"we're getting social media commitments from walk-ons now? FFS."
And the kid is from Allderdice, a city school. Show some class people. Do you believe that we're going to get 13 3-star recruits? Thanks CLK, following Johnny.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

5/06/2023 1:06 pm  #5

I think Jake DiMichele is an intriguing & highly desirable walk-on candidate being relegated to that status as a result of the new NIL world. I'll bet he is considering DU because there is NIL money on the table that makes him close to a scholarship player.

The intriguing part, for me anyway, is that given his qualifications listed below that he does not appear to have any D-1 offers from his senior year in high school or this year.

Does another poster have better intel? Why doesn't he at last have have a bunch of D-II offers?

Jake has the following qualifications to be at least a high D-2 scholarship recipient:
-6'4" combo guard with a reputation as a 3 level, strong, very efficient scorer & above average 3PT shooter
-First ever 4 year starter on a team that won 4 consecutive WPIAL championships & WPIAL's 2nd all time leading scorer
-Best player on a high school team that won 68 consecutive games & 2 state championships
-2-time all-state first team
-PIIA 2A POY as a senior
-Did a prep year at one of the country's best prep school programs in the best prep league while making the Elite Prep League's 10 player All-American team. ( He was ranked 10th while recent Dukes commit Kailon Nichols was ranked 6th on the same list.)

5/06/2023 2:42 pm  #6

phil95 wrote:

I think Jake DiMichele is an intriguing & highly desirable walk-on candidate being relegated to that status as a result of the new NIL world. I'll bet he is considering DU because there is NIL money on the table that makes him close to a scholarship player.

The intriguing part, for me anyway, is that given his qualifications listed below that he does not appear to have any D-1 offers from his senior year in high school or this year.

Does another poster have better intel? Why doesn't he at last have have a bunch of D-II offers?

No intel here - just a comment: Based on your bullet list alone, looks like a D-I scholarship player. The lack of offers is surprising on that sole basis.

Jake has the following qualifications to be at least a high D-2 scholarship recipient:
-6'4" combo guard with a reputation as a 3 level, strong, very efficient scorer & above average 3PT shooter
-First ever 4 year starter on a team that won 4 consecutive WPIAL championships & WPIAL's 2nd all time leading scorer
-Best player on a high school team that won 68 consecutive games & 2 state championships
-2-time all-state first team
-PIIA 2A POY as a senior
-Did a prep year at one of the country's best prep school programs in the best prep league while making the Elite Prep League's 10 player All-American team. ( He was ranked 10th while recent Dukes commit Kailon Nichols was ranked 6th on the same list.)

5/12/2023 7:02 pm  #7

5/12/2023 7:37 pm  #8

Must be something there if he averaged 24 at First Love.

Board footera