Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/19/2023 3:32 pm  #1

5/19/2023 3:51 pm  #2

5/19/2023 4:38 pm  #3

Re: Dusan Mahorcic Committed To Duquesne

.  Wishing Dusan a quick recovery and much success as a Duquesne Duke!

5/19/2023 5:58 pm  #4

El Presidente wrote:

.  Wishing Dusan a quick recovery and much success as a Duquesne Duke!

The same here.  

5/19/2023 11:49 pm  #5

Great get!

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

5/20/2023 12:53 am  #6

It wasn’t until mid-February that he became doubtful to return last season, so that seems to bode well for a healthy return. Great add.

https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina-state/Article/Dusan-Mahorcic-injury-NC-State-knee-update-Kevin-Keatts-Wolfpack-204692609/

5/20/2023 9:10 am  #7

Do you think Dusan will be ready to play start of season

5/20/2023 9:21 am  #8

stew wrote:

Do you think Dusan will be ready to play start of season

Wish we knew the answer to that!  Even if he doesn't play until sometime in December, I'm so on board with this move. If he only plays in A-10 games I'm good with it but hoping for more of course. Wish we could get a medical update. I imagine that these kinds of injuries are somewhat unpredictable to make an accurate forecast on.

5/20/2023 1:20 pm  #9

It was ewsy enough to figure out that Dusan resumed light on-court activities in February. I haven't been able to find a mention of a rehab setback since then. That has to be a good sign.

Also, why didn't PSN simply ask the player for a detailed update on his rehab progress & likely availability when he came to visit?

We all know that DU will not give up the goods on any player's injury status & seemingly forbids the player's from doing so themselves.

5/20/2023 2:16 pm  #10

phil95 wrote:

It was ewsy enough to figure out that Dusan resumed light on-court activities in February. I haven't been able to find a mention of a rehab setback since then. That has to be a good sign.

Also, why didn't PSN simply ask the player for a detailed update on his rehab progress & likely availability when he came to visit?

We all know that DU will not give up the goods on any player's injury status & seemingly forbids the player's from doing so themselves.

H.I.P.P.A It’s obviously a medical condition & Dusan has no obligation to provide any medical or rehabilitation progress to reporters. Can he submit to a University Orthopedic Surgeon prior to both parties agreeing to a scholarship. Yes. But the University would never or should they provide Dusans medical history. Let’s hope he is fully recovered from this brutal injury. Final note , great pick to Dambrot & staff. Go Dukes.

5/20/2023 2:36 pm  #11

I see Dusan, when  healthy, a replacement for Rotroff.
15 mins, 6 pts and 4 rbs a game plus good defense 
would be very good.
Those stats got Rotroff a pro contract with Luxomburg.

5/20/2023 3:45 pm  #12

I think Rotroff had a good season and played well but hoping for a little more from a  ACC player..Maybe
be a bit more athletic.Pleased with both players,,good luck to both.

5/20/2023 4:22 pm  #13

Very excited about this signing and we really needed the big.  Between Dusan and Moore the bigger need, no pun intended, is Dusan without question.  I also think KD is not done yet and I anticipate another guard being signed, but I am happy we got a legit big.  Hopefully he is ready to play sooner rather than later and the one NCState trainer in the article said he was the hardest worker he has seen so quite possibly he may be ready to go in November.  Hell there was a small chance he could have played last year, but I am glad he had to take more time to recover and got the medical redshirt otherwise he may have never left NCS.  I too would expect that when Dusan is ready we get an even better version of Rotroff. 

5/20/2023 4:59 pm  #14

Ironduke81 wrote:

phil95 wrote:

H.I.P.P.A It’s obviously a medical condition & Dusan has no obligation to provide any medical or rehabilitation progress to reporters. Can he submit to a University Orthopedic Surgeon prior to both parties agreeing to a scholarship. Yes. But the University would never or should they provide Dusans medical history. Let’s hope he is fully recovered from this brutal injury. Final note , great pick to Dambrot & staff. Go Dukes.

Of course he has no obligation to discuss this matter.

Have you failed to notice that both NC State's head coach & the player himself discussed his condition, in detail, with the press?

Thanks for the lecture.

5/20/2023 7:02 pm  #15

Hey Mr legal expert. The federal statute is what it is. If NC State wants to take the chance of litigation so be it. Oh yeah Dambrot, the AD & the University should be reporting a player’s confidential information to this board.  Sorry not an opinion just the facts. FEDERAL STATUTE

5/20/2023 7:52 pm  #16

stew wrote:

I think Rotroff had a good season and played well but hoping for a little more from a  ACC player..Maybe
be a bit more athletic.Pleased with both players,,good luck to both.

Agree with that Stew. Would look for Dusan, if completely healthy, to be more in the 10 pts. per game area with good rebounding and defense. He's a solid ACC big when healthy and could be logging 20-25 minutes per game if not more.

5/20/2023 8:20 pm  #17

Ironduke81 wrote:

Hey Mr legal expert. The federal statute is what it is. If NC State wants to take the chance of litigation so be it. Oh yeah Dambrot, the AD & the University should be reporting a player’s confidential information to this board.  Sorry not an opinion just the facts. FEDERAL STATUTE

I certainly agree that if & when a player wishes to keep their private business private, that player is entitled to do just that.

Do you really think NC State & many, many other schools, in a wide variety of sports, that report such details do so without the player's  legal consent to do so?

Did you ever notice that most of the time when a Pitt player or commit, in most any sport, has an injury, PSN has & publishes the details of that player's prognosis & rehab?

For at least the last 6 years DU's administration and/or coaching staff has very obviously & repeatedly demonstrated a policy of keeping fans in the dark about injury updates, player availability,& the reasons/circumstances for the huge amount of player movement. This, is not the case with myriad programs great & small.

It is just another example of the craptastic effort the institution gives toward building a growing & passionate fan base. The lack of information is as frustrating to many posters as the poor game day experience or the inept ticket office.

5/20/2023 9:37 pm  #18

I think he averaged 10 and 7 at Illinois St. I'd take that here.

5/20/2023 10:17 pm  #19

WashPaRick wrote:

I think he averaged 10 and 7 at Illinois St. I'd take that here.

In a heartbeat!!!

5/20/2023 11:00 pm  #20

Yes, I would expect this guy to be a clear step up from Rotroff. I'm getting that from the clips of him playing. In addition his statistics are pretty good for a limited amount of playing time not to mention the ACC ppl

5/21/2023 8:50 am  #21

I too see this as a great addition to the team. I am particularly excited about his reputation as a defender.

I wonder why he left NC State? That getting to know you video suggested he was pretty tight with the coach & program.

Last edited by phil95 (5/21/2023 8:52 am)

5/21/2023 3:46 pm  #22

This could be the best Duquesne team since 70-71.Its got size with experience to play defense and we will 
be good at rebounding,terrific depth, some quick athletic guards who can shoot and good leaders.Only question is can these guys stay healthy.All systems go for a NCAA appearance.The only thing we dont have are local kids playing for Dukes. Definetly traveling to Pittsburgh next winter.Wish Mossie was here.

5/21/2023 4:38 pm  #23

We got Lionel Billingy junior aka DAVID DIXON on the Bluff. Get David in weight room, put 10 lbs muscle
over summer and watch out!

5/21/2023 4:48 pm  #24

stew wrote:

We got Lionel Billingy junior aka DAVID DIXON on the Bluff. Get David in weight room, put 10 lbs muscle
over summer and watch out!

From what I saw of David Dixon last season, he could be one of the best athletes I've seen on the bluff, big or small!

5/21/2023 8:54 pm  #25

stew wrote:

This could be the best Duquesne team since 70-71.Its got size with experience to play defense and we will 
be good at rebounding,terrific depth, some quick athletic guards who can shoot and good leaders.Only question is can these guys stay healthy.All systems go for a NCAA appearance.The only thing we dont have are local kids playing for Dukes. Definetly traveling to Pittsburgh next winter.Wish Mossie was here.

Stew ur on . I myself thought that earlier. This has the potential to be the best Duquesne team since the early seventies. What was sorely missing last year was the lack of a legitimate big guy. I admire rotroff but this guy to me appears Head and shoulders above. Just look at the tape and his statistics.

Board footera