Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/13/2023 8:45 pm  #1

Three Names From North Carolina

Per Pittsburgh Sports Now - DU is mentioned with three players from North Carolina -  Jasheem Felton 6'5 Combo
Manny Okitondo  6'7 Wing and Paul Jones 6'4 G

9/14/2023 12:51 pm  #2

Re: Three Names From North Carolina

Is Felton related to Raymond? Seems possible given his age, size, and location.

9/14/2023 1:35 pm  #3

So I did my own research and found he is a cousin of former UNC and NBA star Raymond Felton. I don’t see any mention of Duquesne in the recruiting information I found, but did find two interesting tidbits.

Some recruiting service ranked him the #1 8th grader in the country. Just a few years later, Rivals doesn’t even have him in the top 100 of his class though. The other thing is that he has attended five high schools.

Given the recruiting competition (18 supposed offers from power conference schools) it seems very unlikely he’ll be a Duke, but do we even want a player who needs that kind of coddling?

9/14/2023 2:27 pm  #4

luckymcd wrote:

So I did my own research and found he is a cousin of former UNC and NBA star Raymond Felton. I don’t see any mention of Duquesne in the recruiting information I found, but did find two interesting tidbits.

Some recruiting service ranked him the #1 8th grader in the country. Just a few years later, Rivals doesn’t even have him in the top 100 of his class though. The other thing is that he has attended five high schools.

Given the recruiting competition (18 supposed offers from power conference schools) it seems very unlikely he’ll be a Duke, but do we even want a player who needs that kind of coddling?

Hey... there's a YouTube video from 2012 calling Sincere Carry the top ranked 6th grader and we landed him hahaha!

Top Ranked 6th Grade Point Guard Sincere Carry Basketball Highlights - YouTube

Board footera