Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/03/2024 8:06 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - University of Massachusetts Minutemen

As much as it's shame he is injured and I would not wish that upon an opponent but we also need to take advantage of no Cross on the floor if he is still out.

1/03/2024 8:08 pm  #27

Duques102 wrote:

This broadcast team is first team all A10. Color guy is knowledgeable and informative. What a breath of fresh air compared to the usual.

I agree!

1/03/2024 8:11 pm  #28

Ticky tack fouls on one end, muggings on the other. How about Clark’s drive where he got whacked by two players and crickets? I smell another Dambrot technical coming!

1/03/2024 8:29 pm  #29

City Duke, what freaking game are you watching? The officiating has been fair. Their best player has been in foul trouble since the beginning of the game on some 50 50 calls. You my main definitely watch games with rise tinted glasses.

1/03/2024 8:30 pm  #30

New year, same old Dukes!

1/03/2024 8:32 pm  #31

Wildwood13 wrote:

City Duke, what freaking game are you watching? The officiating has been fair. Their best player has been in foul trouble since the beginning of the game on some 50 50 calls. You my main definitely watch games with rise tinted glasses.

The one with a 14-2 free throw disparity that is now 25-11. You?

1/03/2024 8:33 pm  #32

We have "depth" down low but who can actually do anything? I believe our  bigs have the ability but they have to step up 

1/03/2024 8:39 pm  #33

When we get within 5 we have to go for the kill. we keep getting there and committing a dumb play: in this case goaltending

1/03/2024 8:47 pm  #34

They are much quicker, our guys get blown by and foul to prevent easy buckets, or arent in position and react poorly by reaching.   

We’d be better off if Cohen was playing. 

I think our guys know they can foul, since we play 22 guys deep.  So who cares if I get 2 quick ones, i’m sitting regardless.

Drames are bad.  I know why they are playing tonight, but if we need to rely on them to keep pace with speedy teams, we’re in trouble.   

Play Nichols more, let him shoot it.   Rozier doesnt.

Last edited by townsonkid (1/03/2024 8:51 pm)

1/03/2024 8:48 pm  #35

Turned it off.  So pathetic.

1/03/2024 8:51 pm  #36

I also gave up on tonight. We are a step behind. I also think the game has been called fairly.  They are faster than us.

1/03/2024 8:51 pm  #37

CityDuke wrote:

Wildwood13 wrote:

The one with a 14-2 free throw disparity that is now 25-11. You?

Do you not realize that when you take it to the hoop and get fouled, you shoot free throws before the bonus. Where as the Dukes are getting fouls on the perimeter and don’t shoot until they reach the bonus. The Dukes are not getting cheated just outcoached. Plain and simple. UMASS doing this with their best player on the bench saddled with fouls. Learn the game!!!

1/03/2024 8:51 pm  #38

Mike Ignelsi wrote:

Turned it off. So pathetic.

We have no transition offense which means we don't practice it which means we have no transition defense. UMASS is killing us in transition. This is all bad coaching. Why are we a three guard offense all season  when we have a (profanity) load of bigs? That's just bad.

1/03/2024 8:54 pm  #39

Incredible letdown. It's over.

1/03/2024 8:55 pm  #40

We're getting slobberknocked.

1/03/2024 8:56 pm  #41

What fight is there? Every point matters with the NET and besides that we’re not trying to get embarassed. The lineups were interesting and so was the reffing from early on tonight but if this is how the dukes will play I am not confident. Mahorcic looked slow on the feet but has potential as seen against Cleary. As I’m typing this down 21. Not expected and sad.

1/03/2024 8:59 pm  #42

16-0 run to make it UMASS 73-52. No basket for Duquesne for 5 minutes. This is motivation for the rest of the season. Wake up call.

1/03/2024 9:00 pm  #43

BluffHunter wrote:

What fight is there? Every point matters with the NET and besides that we’re not trying to get embarassed. The lineups were interesting and so was the reffing from early on tonight but if this is how the dukes will play I am not confident. Mahorcic looked slow on the feet but has potential as seen against Cleary. As I’m typing this down 21. Not expected and sad.

We are at 22 down and still trying to feed inside for 2's for nothing? Still, no transition, every rebound is to a set play inside? Yet they continue to kill us with fast transition plays to fast scores?

1/03/2024 9:11 pm  #44

80-61 UMASS. like I said, better be a wake-up call.

1/03/2024 9:12 pm  #45

BluffHunter wrote:

You can ignore NET for rest of season.  Only chance to make  meaningful postseason is win A10Tourn.

1/03/2024 9:12 pm  #46

townsonkid wrote:

BluffHunter wrote:

You can ignore NET for rest of season.  Only chance to make  meaningful postseason is win A10Tourn.

Agreed.

1/03/2024 9:17 pm  #47

Zero prep for this game. No in game coaching , (typical KD game)  No fast pace transition on our side, but UMass ran right by us. If you don't practice fast pace transition, you will likely not be able to defend it. UMass had zero fans in the stands? No real reason to run over us, but this was a very bad loss.

1/03/2024 9:19 pm  #48

If there’s any bright side, SJU lost too. The A10 will cannabilize itself this year

Last edited by BluffHunter (1/03/2024 9:19 pm)

1/03/2024 9:32 pm  #49

Embarrassing. Coach Dambrot time to cut bait. Bye bye Twins. Trey Williams gone. Play the Euros. Your 3 guards are solid. 345 needs drastic overhaul. Coach it’s your last year Buckle up. Frank Martin  embarrassed you & this program. This team has potential. Go Dukes

1/03/2024 9:32 pm  #50

UMass is not clearly not Cleary.  Our bigs were a big disappointment tonight.  They better hit the gym and get their heads straight before Saturday because Loyola beat St. Louis at Chaifetz tonight by 7.

Board footera