Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2024 8:34 am  #26

Re: Atlantic 10 Tournament

CLK wrote:

There are a lot of people on this Board who I respect, and over the course of many years have come to consider friends even though I never met them in person.  Kindred spirts united by our passion for Duquesne basketball and our time spent at Duquesne.  However, I have to be honest there are times when things are said here that makes me ashamed of being associated with this Board and makes me want to pull the plug on this Board.  I am not going to do that, out of respect those posters who I call friends but that is how I feel.  I would just remind some folks of the Golden Rule.  Please.

Good reminder. And thanks for what you do!

3/12/2024 8:49 am  #27

3/12/2024 9:42 am  #28

I applaud Dambrot for his availability and willingness to comment on the topic. For the life of me I can’t figure out why he’s so complementary of Capel though. I’m not saying he should be ripping him apart publicly or anything, but there’s no need to be that complimentary of a rival who pretty much single-handedly cancelled the rivalry. The bottom line is Pitt wouldn’t even be on the bubble if they were willing to play anybody decent (including the Dukes this year) in the non-conference.

3/12/2024 10:24 am  #29

Clark and Grant make 2nd team All-A10, and Clark made all defense team.

https://atlantic10.com/news/2024/3/12/holmes-king-mooney-headline-2023-24-atlantic-10-mens-basketball-awards.aspx

Last edited by townsonkid (3/12/2024 10:26 am)

3/12/2024 10:33 am  #30

townsonkid wrote:

Clark and Grant make 2nd team All-A10, and Clark made all defense team.

https://atlantic10.com/news/2024/3/12/holmes-king-mooney-headline-2023-24-atlantic-10-mens-basketball-awards.aspx

Nice recognition for Dae Dae and Jimmy. Was hoping that Jimmy would have won DPOY, but Holmes was a deserving winner of that award. Nothing to complain about from a Duquesne perspective this year, IMO.

3/12/2024 10:38 am  #31

Here are the current betting lines on the first four A10 games:
Saint Louis by 2½ over URI
La Salle by 2½.over GW
Davidson by 3½ over Fordham
Saint Joseph's - George Mason - Pick 'em

3/12/2024 11:07 am  #32

CLK wrote:

There are a lot of people on this Board who I respect, and over the course of many years have come to consider friends even though I never met them in person.  Kindred spirts united by our passion for Duquesne basketball and our time spent at Duquesne.  However, I have to be honest there are times when things are said here that makes me ashamed of being associated with this Board and makes me want to pull the plug on this Board.  I am not going to do that, out of respect those posters who I call friends but that is how I feel.  I would just remind some folks of the Golden Rule.  Please.

CLK, nice post. I share your sentiments. I enjoy the shared information and the well thought out posts that make me rethink my opinion. It’s tough to read through  the cringeworthy, ignorant posts and the yapping of the trolls. There were 3 or 4 times this year that I was going to stop posting the game threads, but I continued because it’s important to me and others that this board stays alive and hopefully vibrant.
CLK, thanks for all you do to keep this board alive.

3/12/2024 11:26 am  #33

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

CLK wrote:

CLK, nice post. I share your sentiments. I enjoy the shared information and the well thought out posts that make me rethink my opinion. It’s tough to read through the cringeworthy, ignorant posts and the yapping of the trolls. There were 3 or 4 times this year that I was going to stop posting the game threads, but I continued because it’s important to me and others that this board stays alive and hopefully vibrant.
CLK, thanks for all you do to keep this board alive.

I would like to thank both of you for keeping this board alive. I don't know if you remember CLK, but in the last days of the Nee 3 win season, there were only 3 of us posting in a game thread one night. We've come a long way from that and sometimes it still ain't pretty, but the board is vibrant and appreciated. I'm not always tolerant, even with myself sometimes, but I would hate not having this outlet. Thanks again for your patience. Let's Go Dukes!

3/12/2024 1:53 pm  #34

Fordham tops Davidson in the first game of the tourney.  I am glad that Fordham is on the other side of the bracket vs. the Dukes.  

3/12/2024 2:22 pm  #35

3/12/2024 2:24 pm  #36

Opinion piece from Mike Vukovcan of PSN.  He references this message board in here.

Vukovcan: Duquesne Fans Should Appreciate Keith Dambrot - Pittsburgh Sports Now

3/12/2024 2:43 pm  #37

Thanks for the links Phoenix! Glad Grant and Clark were able to receive these well deserved honors. Congratulations to them. Great piece by Vukovcan. Offers some good perspective. It is healthy to want more and I love that about our fan base. But it is also healthy to take a step back and note the progress. Let’s keep building!

3/12/2024 3:15 pm  #38

CLK wrote:

Spoken from the heart.  Bravo.

The Great Spirit made us all. It is for this that we are all brothers

3/12/2024 3:16 pm  #39

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Opinion piece from Mike Vukovcan of PSN.  He references this message board in here.

Amen🙏

3/12/2024 3:17 pm  #40

Can I have an Amen.  Sometimes you don't realize .how  good you have it until the wheels come off,  Anyone can Complain and complain, but save that for some political board.

3/12/2024 3:45 pm  #41

luckymcd wrote:

I applaud Dambrot for his availability and willingness to comment on the topic. For the life of me I can’t figure out why he’s so complementary of Capel though. I’m not saying he should be ripping him apart publicly or anything, but there’s no need to be that complimentary of a rival who pretty much single-handedly cancelled the rivalry. The bottom line is Pitt wouldn’t even be on the bubble if they were willing to play anybody decent (including the Dukes this year) in the non-conference.

I suspect he's just trying to avoid "bulletin board material" which would rile up Pitt. There are at least 2 "NIT Bracketology" websites that say we will be playing Pitt in the NIT. He may be entirely sincere but I see advantage to avoiding criticism.

Last edited by scduke (3/12/2024 3:53 pm)

3/12/2024 4:06 pm  #42

https://x.com/hoopsnut351/status/1767649421536186549

La Salle beats GW 61-60. Bishop misses 2 shots in the last 5 seconds to win the game for GW.

3/12/2024 5:07 pm  #43

If you believe you can you are half way there - Teddy Roosevelt

https://triblive.com/sports/duquesnes-drame-twins-know-about-improbable-runs/

3/12/2024 6:02 pm  #44

Bring em on. 

3/12/2024 6:06 pm  #45

If there would emojis available on thread posts I'd give this one 1000 hearts. I've posted this before, there isn't another human being on the planet that cares and wants to win at Duquesne than KD. Love this man. I was genuinely excited when we hired him. I hope the next couple days are a storybook ending for this team and KD. But if he wants to come back I'm down for that too.

And CLK, idk if your message was reactionary to mine. I was working late and probably dug a little too deep. Just passionate is all.

Ironduke81 wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Amen🙏

Last edited by StillatShales (3/12/2024 6:06 pm)

3/12/2024 6:11 pm  #46

Dukes will face the Saint Louis Billikens tomorrow.

3/12/2024 6:18 pm  #47

My thanks to the mods for this board as well.  And a special thanks to Phoenix for the game previews..  I so look forwarrd to those.  Let's Go Dukes

Last edited by Tony84 (3/12/2024 7:03 pm)

3/12/2024 6:34 pm  #48

This an opinion piece so Vukovcan is entitled to his opinion. The problem, for me, is that the author seems to be saying that an objective analysis of the Dambrot years can only lead to the conclusion that the coach has been so good for the program that rational fans should be entirely in favor of the coach returning. Bring back Dambrot. He is a slam dunk as coach! That attitude ignores a huge amount of evidence that this coach doesn't have the goods to get the program past respectable.

I am starting to believe that if the team wins multiple games in the A-10 tournament & wins an NIT game that KD deserves a 2 year extension. Failing that, his tenure has run its course & the school needs to re-up its financial commitment to the program by hiring the highest quality coach they can get.

I submit that the previous 2 seasons tell us all we need to know about the chances that KD is capable of leading the program to a higher level of success.

Ironduke81 wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Amen🙏

3/12/2024 7:26 pm  #49

We can get rid of bad coaches, but I guess we will always be stuck with bad referees.  Lighten up.

3/12/2024 7:35 pm  #50

"I submit that the previous 2 seasons tell us all we need to know about the chances that KD is capable of leading the program to a higher level of success."

Based on the tone of the post, I am going to assume that you aren't referring to one of the biggest turnarounds in the country from 6 wins to 20 and back to back 20 win seasons for the first time in 50 years?  These two years tell me exactly why Dambrot is capable of getting us there. 

Board footera