Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

UPCOMING GAMES:
Lipscomb @ Duquesne - Nov. 4 - 8:00 PM
Princeton @ Duquesne - Nov. 8 - 8:30 PM
Dukes @ DePaul - Nov. 15 - 9:00 PM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/26/2024 2:30 pm  #1

A10 Pairings Announced

https://atlantic10.com/news/2024/6/26/atlantic-10-releases-2024-25-mens-basketball-conference-schedule-pairings.aspx

DUQUESNE
Home: George Mason, Loyola Chicago, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, VCU, Dayton, Fordham, St. Bonaventure, Saint Joseph’s
Away: Davidson, George Washington, La Salle, Richmond, Saint Louis, Dayton, Fordham, St. Bonaventure, Saint Joseph’s

6/26/2024 3:53 pm  #2

Re: A10 Pairings Announced

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

https://atlantic10.com/news/2024/6/26/atlantic-10-releases-2024-25-mens-basketball-conference-schedule-pairings.aspx

DUQUESNE
Home: George Mason, Loyola Chicago, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, VCU, Dayton, Fordham, St. Bonaventure, Saint Joseph’s
Away: Davidson, George Washington, La Salle, Richmond, Saint Louis, Dayton, Fordham, St. Bonaventure, Saint Joseph’s

The A-10 does not have an "east /west" nor "south/ north" division, so why in God's name do the Dukes keep getting both Dayton and St. B. home and away each year? Man, I'm more than sick of getting a home job on those courts. Both of their  home courts are a trap. But DU gets it every year?

Last edited by NapaDuke (6/26/2024 9:58 pm)

6/26/2024 6:33 pm  #3

Doesn’t every A10 team have two designated rivals that do not change?   And Dayton and St Bona are ours.   I’m cool with that.  We played Fordham two times last year as well.

6/26/2024 9:56 pm  #4

DuqBlue wrote:

Doesn’t every A10 team have two designated rivals that do not change? And Dayton and St Bona are ours. I’m cool with that. We played Fordham two times last year as well.

It would be more fair to rotate the home/away games yearly. But, playing Dayton twice this coming year and winning both games would help the Dukes, but winning at Dayton is quite a task.

6/27/2024 7:24 am  #5

NapaDuke wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

DUQUESNE

The A-10 does not have an "east /west" nor "south/ north" division, so why in God's name do the Dukes keep getting both Dayton and St. B. home and away each year? Man, I'm more than sick of getting a home job on those courts. Both of their  home courts are a trap. But DU gets it every year?

I completely disagree. I love the 2 games a year vs Dayton and St Bona.  That’s how tradition and rivalry is built.   With all the conference jumping and realignment in College Basketball it’s great that we have these 2 rivalries that remain constant.  And that it’s so tough to win on their home courts makes it so much sweeter when we do. I was in Olean last season when we beat the Bonnie’s - absolute joy.  If you ask my kid, who doesn’t pay attention to the scheduling nuances, which 2 games she looks most forward to each year it’s Dayton and St Bona.

I’d rather keep the tradition and continue to build the rivalry than rotate opponents for the home and home each year.

Last edited by Styles1229 (6/27/2024 7:25 am)

6/27/2024 8:23 am  #6

Styles1229 wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

DUQUESNE

I completely disagree. I love the 2 games a year vs Dayton and St Bona. That’s how tradition and rivalry is built. With all the conference jumping and realignment in College Basketball it’s great that we have these 2 rivalries that remain constant. And that it’s so tough to win on their home courts makes it so much sweeter when we do. I was in Olean last season when we beat the Bonnie’s - absolute joy. If you ask my kid, who doesn’t pay attention to the scheduling nuances, which 2 games she looks most forward to each year it’s Dayton and St Bona.

I’d rather keep the tradition and continue to build the rivalry than rotate opponents for the home and home each year.

No one wins at Dayton. It's way too hostile to win there. Last year at Dayton, in the second half, the refs called something like 4 or 5 strait fouls on the Dukes at the foul line to make sure the game wasn't going to be close. I like playing Dayton, but once a year is a rivalry too.

6/27/2024 9:55 am  #7

I’m with you, Styles1229. Not to mention the fact that if Dayton or the Bonnies are a top 75 team, it’s a Quad 1 game for the Dukes. And we all know how hard those Quad 1 games are to get on the schedule.

6/27/2024 10:46 am  #8

i think the schedule is great, lots of opps to beat solid teams, home and away.
Anxious to see OOC schedule and who the home opener is against....that should be a big night at the Coop.   

6/27/2024 11:18 am  #9

Home schedule outstanding must see TV👍Dayton,Chi L, St.Joes & VCU. Hopefully these 4 teams do very well in their chosen pre season tournament games. Go Dukes

6/27/2024 3:06 pm  #10

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

I’m with you, Styles1229. Not to mention the fact that if Dayton or the Bonnies are a top 75 team, it’s a Quad 1 game for the Dukes. And we all know how hard those Quad 1 games are to get on the schedule.

I would agree that this years team, counting today's metrics, we need to beat Dayton at Dayton to be considered an at large bid, but in the past with weaker Dukes teams, it was just a certain loss.

Board footera