Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/01/2014 11:40 am  #26

Re: We lost to NJIT

As long as we're the team in red, we have hope. That team in white -- they ain't going ANYWHERE. What do we call that defensive set, anyway, "How Many Clowns Can Fit in a Volkswagon?" There are five players on each team, and NJIT always seemed to have 2-3 guys open.

What the hell, man?

12/01/2014 12:00 pm  #27

Thanks, CLK.  It was very painful to watch (and the the low quality, low definition video feed didn't help - it's surprising that the A-10 allows this second-rate production). To paraphrase Chuck Noll, the Dukes' defense has many problems and they are great.

12/01/2014 4:08 pm  #28

Thanks for the video. This is what I mean when I criticize the team and the talent. Look at the defensive players actually back off rather than destroy the opponent going to the basket. Who cares if there is a foul? Defense is not achieved like a highly honed skill such as dribbling and shooting. It's made from a lot of "Want To" in a player. A coach told me once that he writes on the grease board "Defense Never Takes A Game Off." At  Duquesne, it does. 

12/01/2014 4:30 pm  #29

All of you old-timers need to get your collective heads out of the sand and understand the latest in BB defenses.Not one of you recognizes the new 5-0 defense? The whole idea is to flood 5 players to the side of the court with the ball. Sure it leaves, two or three offensive players wide open on the other side of the court but that's the whole concept--you let the other team get uncontested easy,wide open shots--BUT WE GET THE BALL BACK SOONER TO GO ON OFFENSE AFTER THEY SCORE! Before criticizing the Dukes defense understand the strategy.

12/01/2014 6:44 pm  #30

I watched about 1 minute of the video. That's all I coulds take.

12/01/2014 7:03 pm  #31

Not to pile on but there couldn't have been more than 500 people actually in attendance.  Sad.  Nee type crowd. 

Usually in years when we host the tournament you would see a spike in tickets sold to get tourney tickets.   The bloom is off that rose.

If we can't host anymore, what will we do?  Lol

12/01/2014 9:39 pm  #32

apluski wrote:

All of you old-timers need to get your collective heads out of the sand and understand the latest in BB defenses.Not one of you recognizes the new 5-0 defense? The whole idea is to flood 5 players to the side of the court with the ball. Sure it leaves, two or three offensive players wide open on the other side of the court but that's the whole concept--you let the other team get uncontested easy,wide open shots--BUT WE GET THE BALL BACK SOONER TO GO ON OFFENSE AFTER THEY SCORE! Before criticizing the Dukes defense understand the strategy.

Oh. 

12/01/2014 10:35 pm  #33

I have season tix and haven't been to a home game yet.  Not bragging, it's just that with the opponents they have for a while, it's not worth it.  I just look at it as a donation to D.U.  This Tuesday night they have Howard at home.  I am going to the Pen's game instead.  Another reason that playing these poor teams doesn't help D.U. basketball...ya hear that folks...even though we can't even beat  NJIT.

Board footera