Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH!, the Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fans Message Board!!!!
One of America's Great Message Boards

You know the rules, all inappropriate messages will be deleted!

PLEASE POST LINKS TO NEWSPAPER STORIES

UPCOMING GAMES

November 2019

Duquesne Women's basketball

November 2019

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/20/2019 3:21 pm  #26

Re: 2 Discussion Questions

I'm not judging TJ.  Sure I wish he'd have stayed but I also wish we had someone like KD locked up before we set the program back a decade by switching Ron for Ferry.   Ron didn't get half the support KD is getting now and that has got to figure into why TJ left.  If Everhart had the same support that Keith Dambrot is getting from Harper on up to the top, he may still be here.

That said, Dambrot is a 10, Everhart a 9 and Jim Ferry tried as hard But comes in a 3.

Comparing TJ and Sincere isn't fair to either right now unless youre just looking at their freshman year alone.

As unheard of as it sounds, I'd say Sincere is much more valuable to this young team than TJ was then and statistically its a draw.

If Sincere's trajectory for improving his game with a good coach he may be in the NBA some day as well.  He certainly compares well with the other last great guards the Dukes have had recently aside from TJ-  AJAX and Mike James who both made it.

Last edited by coffee (1/20/2019 3:23 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

1/20/2019 11:07 pm  #27

Carry is a terrific player as far as I'm concerned.  That he didn't have a D-1 offer is unbelievable!  KD and his staff deserve so much credit for recognizing his talent and getting him to DU.  Of course, I guess they found Eric Williams the same way.

I am also impressed with Carry's demeanor on the court.  He seems to have a great attitude,  I might be wrong but I haven't noticed anything negative in Carry's behavior on the court.  He plays hard every second he's out there,  He never shows disappointment in another player or argues with his coach.  I am grateful he's a Duke.  

1/20/2019 11:21 pm  #28

Look at it this way, TJ spent twice as many years at Duquesne than most NBA players spent at their schools. I was junior and senior when TJ was here, and it was so much fun to watch those teams. I wouldn’t mind seeing TJ coaching here someday when his playing days are over and KD is retired. I think he’ll be a great coach.

Last edited by Dukes2012 (1/20/2019 11:22 pm)

1/21/2019 1:01 am  #29

theprofessor1099 wrote:

Carry is a terrific player as far as I'm concerned.  That he didn't have a D-1 offer is unbelievable!  KD and his staff deserve so much credit for recognizing his talent and getting him to DU.  Of course, I guess they found Eric Williams the same way.

I think that is a terrific point and was something that we were told KD was good at - finding "diamonds in the rough" so to speak.

1/21/2019 1:13 am  #30

theprofessor1099 wrote:

I am also impressed with Carry's demeanor on the court.  He seems to have a great attitude,  I might be wrong but I haven't noticed anything negative in Carry's behavior on the court.  He plays hard every second he's out there,  He never shows disappointment in another player or argues with his coach.  I am grateful he's a Duke.  

Schools wrote Carry off after his second knee injury.

Board footera