Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/31/2013 11:01 am  #26

Re: Deja Nee and Collodio?

Ironduke81 wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

Dear Jaralta you obviously must work in th AD dept based upon this bull sh+t response. Under GA there  has been a significant decline in student media & alumni support since yes Brian Al Capone Colleary. Seriously you must be on crack based on your rationale or lack thereof. 

I believe he was being sarcastic.   Highlighting his marketing skills while student support is at all all time low. 

It's a joke ! Love  Jeralta's post . Is it getting to the point anyone disagrees with your position super secret probation.Who gets warned  Next CLK El Duque Scothman etc. etc. Instead of using "crack" if I said perhaps" crazy "I offend the mentally challenged. Maybe "drunk" "High" again Sarcasm son Sarcasm. Warning to the great El D you should not refer to" Bush bashing" this obviously offends the Political Science majors.

Were's the restsss of this moose!

1/31/2013 11:25 am  #27

Scotchngars wrote:

Duq11 wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

Big difference here, Ron was winning, Ferry is not and Ferry is ripping his players (not taking the blame himself) and now ripped the former coach for his teams problems now?  This Higher Level game we got going here now sure beats Ron's gimick style of winning, don't you think?

I think id rather have my team learn a system that they'll be running their entire careers here instead of a gimmick(10/40) that the rest of the conference caught up to in less than half of a season. 

Good luck with that! It wasn't a gimmick it was a coach who looked at his roster after the shooting, their size, strenghts, and weakness, and came up with a way to win some games, that's coaching. He knocked off St. Louis, Dayton, and X three in a row with that gimmick.

It seems they will be learning to lose in the A10 their whole careers right know, hope not, but it is what it is right now.

You can sh_t in one hand and wish in the other and I'll tell you which one fills up first.

Nobody is wishing. I'm just realistic and understand there is not going to be 20 win season overnight. I can understand why your upset. You have the right to be if your paying your hard earned money to see them lose every time out this year.  I choose to be optimistic and not rip apart every move. 

1/31/2013 1:47 pm  #28

Duq11 wrote:

Scotchngars wrote:

Duq11 wrote:

I think id rather have my team learn a system that they'll be running their entire careers here instead of a gimmick(10/40) that the rest of the conference caught up to in less than half of a season. 

Good luck with that! It wasn't a gimmick it was a coach who looked at his roster after the shooting, their size, strenghts, and weakness, and came up with a way to win some games, that's coaching. He knocked off St. Louis, Dayton, and X three in a row with that gimmick.

It seems they will be learning to lose in the A10 their whole careers right know, hope not, but it is what it is right now.

You can sh_t in one hand and wish in the other and I'll tell you which one fills up first.

Nobody is wishing. I'm just realistic and understand there is not going to be 20 win season overnight. I can understand why your upset. You have the right to be if your paying your hard earned money to see them lose every time out this year.  I choose to be optimistic and not rip apart every move. 

What upsets me is we bring in a turn-around coach that did just that, then instead of building on his efforts to turn a doormat into a respectable program, Amodio just burned down those 5 years with his sudden firing of the coach and a hasty effort to get someone else, and we are building from the ground up, and no guarantee that this guy can get us there without starting from zero (and we are at zero)  and hope he know what he is doing.  I've seen 40 years of starting over from zero.  Yea I'm just a little upset right now.  I've just seen this just too many times.  Ferry talks about a 3 to 5 year plan?  What is that going to look like?  But it just sound too familiar to 30 plus years of 0-16 in the conf. play.

1/31/2013 9:20 pm  #29

Duq11 wrote:

Anybody who criticized Ron over anything was called a troll on voy and on the scout board. Now the troll hunters have started ripping Ferry 20 games into his tenure at Duquesne.  

I'm ripping the fact that the team is losing and all he's got is "it's Everhart's fault" and "We need to get into the gym and shoot more."

I would rather read, "This is my fault" and "I am busting their rear ends in the gym until we get it right."

I realize that in the age in which we now live, it's more acceptable to hand everyone the same prize for trying, but I'm a dinosaur who likes to win, wants to win, and doesn't take losing well.

1/31/2013 10:02 pm  #30

ElDuque wrote:

Duq11 wrote:

Anybody who criticized Ron over anything was called a troll on voy and on the scout board. Now the troll hunters have started ripping Ferry 20 games into his tenure at Duquesne.  

I'm ripping the fact that the team is losing and all he's got is "it's Everhart's fault" and "We need to get into the gym and shoot more."

I would rather read, "This is my fault" and "I am busting their rear ends in the gym until we get it right."

I realize that in the age in which we now live, it's more acceptable to hand everyone the same prize for trying, but I'm a dinosaur who likes to win, wants to win, and doesn't take losing well.

Well said.

2/01/2013 12:19 pm  #31

ElDuque wrote:

Duq11 wrote:

I'm not going to take part in a your coach vs my coach discussion. When Ron was here I wanted him to win. Ferry is here now and I want to be win, but realize I need to be patient. 

2/01/2013 5:19 pm  #32

Duq11 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Duq11 wrote:

I'm not going to take part in a your coach vs my coach discussion. When Ron was here I wanted him to win. Ferry is here now and I want to be win, but realize I need to be patient. 

Yeah, interesting thing about that assertion is that in your previous posts, you dove headlong into that discussion, in fact calling anyone who disagrees with you a "troll hunter." Preaching patience to someone with 40 years of mostly frustration invested into this program is insulting, to say the least. I understand what Ferry is doing and I support him and the team. But my expectations were that the team should have flirted with .500 this year and we're in a nosedive. I realize this season is now completely lost, but I don't think it needed to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Board footera