Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/25/2017 10:34 pm  #1

Ladies Win

Three Headed Monster (Chassidy, Amadea, Julijana) helped ladies win by close to 13 -  Shot the ball fairly well (close to 50%) more turnovers than usual -  but ladies did a fine job controlling the boards.

1/25/2017 10:51 pm  #2

Re: Ladies Win

It is really enjoyable watching the women play. When they reduce their turnovers, they are pretty formidable. They had 20 again tonight. Cut that in half and it is easily a much bigger final score. Coach plays all kinds of line-ups with results. The game is an exciting watch. Hey, a shout out to the Pep Band. They root hard for the team and the music is good! Go Dukes!

1/25/2017 11:04 pm  #3

TOs were awful in the first half. They really cut down in the 2nd.

Wow, Juca, wow! Out of nowhere this season, I think. She has developed really nicely. Such a competitor down low for rebounds too for a guard.

Trying to slowly get up to the standings...a top 8 spot would be nice to grab for the A10.  They're next 5 games will not be easy. @ GW, @ St Joe's, GMU, VCU, @ Dayton. Coming away with 3 wins would be quite a feat.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/26/2017 6:18 pm  #4

Good win last night.  The refs called a real tight game.  They didn't seem to miss a single moving pick or little shove.  A good number of our turnovers were offensive fouls away from the ball.  Of course it's not good to have 21 turnovers under any circumstances but I wanted to throw that out there lest anybody think that the ladies spent the entire night heaving the ball out of bounds.

​As we left the Palumbo, I told my daughter & her fiancé that altho' the team has been maddeningly inconsistent all year, I can easily imagine them winning the A-10 Tournament.  We have a couple solid players in Szamosi & Omogrosso.  I see a lot of improvement in Vojinovic, Richardson, & Aho with each game.  Then I figure that by late in the season, we should be able to get 15-20 minutes from Sole.  With all that going for them, & if they win the first game - this is a team that really seems to feed off confidence, after all - I can see them winning the rest of the games as well.

​Go, Dukes!

1/27/2017 4:54 pm  #5

I don't see them having much of a chance to advance very far in the A-10 unless: 1) Sole joins Lass and Szamosi along the front line with Judy at the 5; Amadea at the 4, and Kadri-Ann at the 3.  and 2) Dan and Matt agree to adjust the offensive sets and pound the ball inside. Duquesne's current lineup does not create match-up problems for opponents, but (I would argue), having three 'bigs' across the front line will create problems for most other teams and actually free up the guards to have more uncontested shots.

Board footera