Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/05/2017 4:04 pm  #1

Ladies Came Up Short

Kept it fairly close for 3+ Quarters - Dayton went on a run midway through the 4th (7-0 in 47 seconds) - Commentators mentioned - Dayton's Top 7 is 4 seniors 3 Juniors Two years ago Dayton gave UConn a battle in the NCAA.

Commentators were highly complimentary to Coach Burt, The Staff and the Team.

Hopefully there is an NIT Bid out there but figure they will come up short.

Kadri Ann had a decent game as did Connor.

3/05/2017 4:11 pm  #2

Re: Ladies Came Up Short

I think they will get a WNIT bid.   Great season for a young team. 

They are the only thing that keeps me walking away from DU for good.

3/05/2017 8:21 pm  #3

duqkurt wrote:

I think they will get a WNIT bid. Great season for a young team.

Pending the outcome of the selection of the women's basketball team for the WNIT, I believe that the achievements of the Dukes football team exceed that of any other Duquesne teams this year.  Perhaps you're not interested in the football team, but their play will keep me coming back to support Duquesne athletics.  

The women's b-ball program is clearly in the right hands with Coach Dan and will improve next season.  It's up to AD Dave Harper to make the right decision with regard to the men's b-ball coach to begin a return of that program to respectability and to generate a noticeable increase in fan support from students, alumni, & basketball fans.    

3/05/2017 8:52 pm  #4

SkepticAl wrote:

Kept it fairly close for 3+ Quarters - Dayton went on a run midway through the 4th (7-0 in 47 seconds) - Commentators mentioned - Dayton's Top 7 is 4 seniors 3 Juniors Two years ago Dayton gave UConn a battle in the NCAA.

Commentators were highly complimentary to Coach Burt, The Staff and the Team.

Hopefully there is an NIT Bid out there but figure they will come up short.

Kadri Ann had a decent game as did Connor.

I can see Connor having a big season next year.

3/05/2017 9:16 pm  #5

Players keep improving under Coach Burt.  Kadri will bounce back from the sophomore jinx. Glad she ended the season on a positive note getting her game back.

Juca and Conor improved so much over this year.  It was a pleasure to watch.

3/05/2017 10:18 pm  #6

the one thing that was consistent throughout the tournament was duquesne's defense. dayton kept making shots in the 2nd half, usually at no fault of the D. 

i had never been as angry at refs than i was today. it seems all tournament ticky-tacky fouls were called us in the 2nd half and never the other side of the court. there was a play about mdiway through the 3rd where juca was called for a foul when Dayton's PG tripped and appeared to have traveled twice, falling to the ground, and at worst (from our POV) it should've been a jump ball. that sent me over the edge.

what an amazing tournament from richardson, and kadri came back to play in big way.

next year's starting 5? Chas, Juca, Conor, Kadri, staffileno? i trust that lineup a whole lot. this team will continue to make this university proud.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/06/2017 6:03 am  #7

godukes1970 wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

I think they will get a WNIT bid. Great season for a young team.

Pending the outcome of the selection of the women's basketball team for the WNIT, I believe that the achievements of the Dukes football team exceed that of any other Duquesne teams this year.  Perhaps you're not interested in the football team, but their play will keep me coming back to support Duquesne athletics.  

The women's b-ball program is clearly in the right hands with Coach Dan and will improve next season.  It's up to AD Dave Harper to make the right decision with regard to the men's b-ball coach to begin a return of that program to respectability and to generate a noticeable increase in fan support from students, alumni, & basketball fans.    

I support all the teams, but WBB is clearly the shining gem. Aside from a trip to the playoffs last year, football has been meh throughout Coach Schmitt's tenure. Especially when we seem to get a handful of Power 5 kids every year, plus some of the best local talent. Now, I'm not down on Coach Schmitt. I just would like to see more out of the program, and I do believe he's the guy to get it done.

But Dan Burt is the best coach Duquesne has had since Red Manning. Gattusso would be second on my list.

But you can't argue with the success.

3/06/2017 4:14 pm  #8

football team looked to get some potential stars in recruiting this year, we'll see, but I enjoy keeping up with them.  WBB is the top team to follow and like, at least for me.  I will keep holding out hope that the MBB team will get it going someday.  Maybe they should start recruiting Europe :-)
I know that there is a lot of talent coming back next year for WBB, so hopefully they can get back to NCAAs.  

Last edited by townsonkid (3/06/2017 4:15 pm)

Board footera