Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2017 4:47 am  #1

Isaiah Mike

Rumor is SMU's head coach sat down with IMike today on campus

4/07/2017 5:20 am  #2

Re: Isaiah Mike

It's too bad I-Mike decided to leave. The combination of him and Mike Lewis II would have been deadly in the A10 by the time they were juniors. I think Coach Dambrot's rebuilding job could have gone much quicker with them.

He could have been an all-time great Duke. Sorry to see him leave.

4/07/2017 8:24 am  #3

Godukeysss wrote:

Rumor is SMU's head coach sat down with IMike today on campus

Why in the hell is SMU's head coach allowed to sit down with him on campus?  If he wants to leave fine but go find a Starbucks downtown if you want to date someone else.

4/07/2017 2:44 pm  #4

Judging by his Twitter post from last night, looks like he may be deciding between SMU and another school that has a bird as its mascot. Oregon maybe? SMU had recruited him before he got kicked out of St. Benedict's though don't believe they ever offered him. 

https://twitter.com/__MRMIKE__/status/850147685717901312

4/07/2017 3:17 pm  #5

IMike has a lot of talent and upside, but he certainly moved around a lot before matriculating to DU.  Doesn't seem like he has any qualms about jumping here and there.  I wish he would have given more thought to Coach D, his staff and record.  Maybe IMike wants more free wheeling bball style, but with his skill level he would have been A-10 first team by his junior year - along with MLewis II.

4/07/2017 3:23 pm  #6

Footprints in the sand!

4/08/2017 8:39 am  #7

DennisC91 wrote:

Judging by his Twitter post from last night, looks like he may be deciding between SMU and another school that has a bird as its mascot. Oregon maybe? SMU had recruited him before he got kicked out of St. Benedict's though don't believe they ever offered him. 

https://twitter.com/__MRMIKE__/status/850147685717901312

Kansas?

4/08/2017 2:38 pm  #8

PistolPete wrote:

IMike has a lot of talent and upside, but he certainly moved around a lot before matriculating to DU.  Doesn't seem like he has any qualms about jumping here and there.  I wish he would have given more thought to Coach D, his staff and record.  Maybe IMike wants more free wheeling bball style, but with his skill level he would have been A-10 first team by his junior year - along with MLewis II.

The speculation/speculators on this board kills me. You people only sit and bash the kids, don't attend games but speculate on how many attended. The support was dismal. If a player feels under appreciated with no fan support, why stick around. All you old cronies do is complain but never show up. Who cares if you are donating money go to the games and shut up. I hope Isiaha and any others who decides to leave find success. They played their hearts out with little to no support and when they decide this is no longer for them you idiots complain.  All you posters with guessing Facts should get them straight before posting idiots.

Last edited by Secretewatcher (4/08/2017 2:40 pm)

4/08/2017 4:14 pm  #9

Oh my Secretewatcher, being a little Johnny Sensitive are we.  Yes, let's do get the facts straight, most people on this Board have given fair comments and have wished the kids well.  I see nothing in my post that vilifies IMike, just pointing out facts and otherwise reasonably speculating.  Moreover, most of who you call the "old cronies" on this Board were the last thread of support, at games and otherwise,  for a storied program that sunk to the bottom under Captain Ferry and the former University leadership.  Maybe you are Isaiah's girlfriend so I understand, if not I am sure you....................what did Jack Nicholson say..."just can't handle the truth". 

P.S. Don't mess with the Pistol 

4/09/2017 6:02 am  #10

Secretewatcher wrote:

PistolPete wrote:

The speculation/speculators on this board kills me. You people only sit and bash the kids, don't attend games but speculate on how many attended. The support was dismal. If a player feels under appreciated with no fan support, why stick around. All you old cronies do is complain but never show up. Who cares if you are donating money go to the games and shut up. I hope Isiaha and any others who decides to leave find success. They played their hearts out with little to no support and when they decide this is no longer for them you idiots complain. All you posters with guessing Facts should get them straight before posting idiots.

Folks here have dedicated as much as 40+ years supporting this program through thick and thin.

Mostly thin. The last five years, eating illness thin.

​We were supposed to what? Shut up and let this continue to unfold in such a manner?

4/09/2017 8:34 am  #11

Dear Streetwalker...and this will be my last comment on yours and related to I Mike.
-We all wish IMike well - kids are allowed to transfer and will do well - folks are upset because they DO like him.  I actually am tired of folks posting about him - he is gone - let's move on to who is here!!!!!!!!!
-As far as your illogical post on folks never showing up...um - not sure what you consider an old cronie but though I may be a cronie I am not old.
-I have attended more games they you ever have or probably every will
-Folks don't have to attend games to be fans
-I appreciate your passion for the topic - everyone here can post - a number of us didn't attend last year in a long time or hardly attended to send a message - guess what - it worked.  Before the Press Conference even took place I again bought my season ticketS for next year in the lower blue seats
-If IMike would have had a better coach all of those concerns - winning, learning, attendance would have changed
God Bless You and we hope to see you post again!!

Last edited by FAM (4/09/2017 8:34 am)

4/09/2017 1:02 pm  #12

Hello Mr. 4 posts Streetwalker. Not a good way to ingratiate yourself by referring to folks as idiots. If you were a consistent reader, you would note that the vast majority of complaints are directed at the coaching staff (who are paid) not developing the players, playing them out of position, having them play within a system that is not suited to their talents, etc, etc. We all recognize that these are players in their late teens and do everything we can to put a positive spin on their capabilities. I, for one, am a 30 year season ticket holder. I don't offer much on this board but, trust me, there are so very knowledgeable posters here. So, join in, but in a positive manner. End of sermon.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

4/09/2017 4:15 pm  #13

Ok guys how about we agree to disagree, but not be disagreeable.  And guys no need to ad hominum and mock the guys' screen name.  Childish!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

4/09/2017 4:25 pm  #14

Tejas...you probably aren't gonna believe this, but I just noticed the name I wrote and I bet Ken looked at mine and thought that WAS his name!  All is good.

4/09/2017 7:22 pm  #15

FAM wrote:

Tejas...you probably aren't gonna believe this, but I just noticed the name I wrote and I bet Ken looked at mine and thought that WAS his name! All is good.

That's just what happened FAM. A brain is such a useless thing to waste!

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

4/09/2017 8:37 pm  #16

FAM wrote:

Tejas...you probably aren't gonna believe this, but I just noticed the name I wrote and I bet Ken looked at mine and thought that WAS his name! All is good.

Not a problem, mistakes happen. Just thinking that this board needs more young blood who care about the Dukes and we don't need to be ticking anyone off with minor stuff.  Let's Go Dukes!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

4/10/2017 5:01 am  #17

Well Tejas, I don't think coming on a message board at a time like this to bash the fans is a great way to introduce yourself as a "fan."

If that's indeed a fan. I'll leave it like that.

But your message about young fans is spot on. I hope we do get more students and recent alumni in the conversation. This is and should be an exciting time for us.

Last edited by ElDuque (4/10/2017 5:02 am)

4/10/2017 9:13 am  #18

The fans had little to do with our one year wonders who bolted out of here with some success,
Robert Mitchell starred and then ended up in jail, Mel Boulding left after two and was leading scorer on dreadful teams in low level D-1, even Q was big scorer in JC but not much after return to D-1.

There is something to be said about coming and helping to build something, I think Lewis II has that in is heart, and good for him.

This always reminds me of the great Marguette coach Al McGire, when the Schenely High product and All America Maurice Lucas broke the news he was leaving early for the NBA. " Coach, I am worried about the effect on Marguette when I leave" Coach Al said, " Luke, don't worry about Marguette, it is more important who is at Marguette than who leaves, now go to the NBA and be a star. He did and Marguette later became National Champions.

I wish Mike well, we saw some good basketball out of that freshman, thanks for the thrills....

A diehard fan since 1961

4/12/2017 8:13 am  #19

ElDuque wrote:

Well Tejas, I don't think coming on a message board at a time like this to bash the fans is a great way to introduce yourself as a "fan."

If that's indeed a fan. I'll leave it like that.

But your message about young fans is spot on. I hope we do get more students and recent alumni in the conversation. This is and should be an exciting time for us.

Well ED, we need to be like the old bull in the old parable:

It seems the Old Bull and the Young Bull were standing on a hill looking at all the beautiful cows down in the valley. The Young Bull said, "Hey, let's run down there and make it with one of them cows!"  the Old Bull replied, "NO let's WALK down there and make it with ALL of them."

We need to welcome the new members and let them know who we are and for how long we suffered. They will fit right in!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

4/17/2017 8:21 am  #20

Still hasn't signed....................................anyone have hope?

Roll Dukes Roll

4/17/2017 8:28 am  #21

slim to none, and Slim is about to jump off the Liberty Bridge.  :-)

4/20/2017 11:58 am  #22

Jon Rothstein‏=0.9em=1px !importantVerified account @JonRothstein  Apr 17=1px !importantMoreDuquesne transfer Isiaha Mike tells me he will visit SMU this weekend and also plans to visit Oregon.

4/23/2017 2:00 pm  #23

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

Board footera