Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/02/2018 2:57 pm  #1

Davidson Game Jan 4th

All

​The Duquesne Charlotte Alumni Chapter is hosting a meet & greet before the Davidson game on Thursday Jan 4th.
​For those of you in the Charlotte NC metro, please consider coming out.
Meet up is at 5:30p and the game is at 7:00p
Brick House Tavern is a short walk to Belk Arena on campus.

​Here is the meet up detail:
http://www.myduquesne.duq.edu/controls/email_marketing/admin/email_marketing_email_viewer.aspx?sid=831&eiid=4005&seiid=4853&usearchive=1&puid=1a8079cd-5d7e-49aa-b19a-aec8e6846fd3

1/03/2018 11:10 am  #2

Re: Davidson Game Jan 4th

DU is #83 in the RPI Ratings - Davidson is #187.

Hopefully the Staff and Ladies "iron out the kinks" from Sunday's game and come away with a comfortable win.

1/04/2018 8:55 pm  #3

DU 79 Davidson 54.  Dukes use a huge 4th quarter to pull away.   Big game by Paige Cannon

Onto to VCU.   All is doing well on the Bluff.

Last edited by duqkurt (1/04/2018 9:08 pm)

1/04/2018 10:09 pm  #4

I couldn't be around my phone so I wasn't paying attention to the game at all. When I got in the car before the game started, I thought, "I betcha someone new like Paige just goes off tonight. She's due for a big game" And whatdya know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ask me what the lottery numbers will be tomorrow too!

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/04/2018 10:11 pm  #5

And Ladies had 20 Turnovers through 3 quarters -  Free Throw Shooting was Sub-Par.  Chassidy and Kadri-Ann also had productive games.

Chassidy has 999 Career points.

BEAT VCU!!!!

1/04/2018 10:27 pm  #6

yak-rbc wrote:

I couldn't be around my phone so I wasn't paying attention to the game at all. When I got in the car before the game started, I thought, "I betcha someone new like Paige just goes off tonight. She's due for a big game" And whatdya know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ask me what the lottery numbers will be tomorrow too!

Please share with everyone.   

1/04/2018 10:38 pm  #7

One more item.  The Chassidy/Cassidy Walsh switch worked out well for the Dukes.

Last edited by duqkurt (1/04/2018 10:38 pm)

1/05/2018 6:32 am  #8

duqkurt wrote:

One more item.  The Chassidy/Cassidy Walsh switch worked out well for the Dukes.

So too the Dan/Suzie deal.

And Harper/Amodio.

1/05/2018 11:05 am  #9

How does this year's team stack up against other good Duquesne teams?

I admit I have just started following them.

A diehard fan since 1961

1/05/2018 2:52 pm  #10

Phildog wrote:

How does this year's team stack up against other good Duquesne teams?

I admit I have just started following them.

They are good.  I’m not sure if they are as good as the NCAA team lead by April.  But they get contributions from many players and a different player steps up every game.

Paige Cannon is a defensive force and finding her scoring touch.  Kadri is 5th in NCAA in blocks. Conor playing well.   Chas and Julianna have lead the team in scoring most nights.

Kuttor off the bench has really comtributed.  Along with very talented freshman Amanda K, Libby B and Helmi T. 

While I’m not discounting this year, next year this team will be loaded.  With Laia Sole being eligible she will add to the height at the post.   Nina Aho who was a projected starter this year but a medical redshirt this year will be returning along with Angela Stappalino.....Coach Burt will be loaded.

Unfortunately it looks like the A10 will only be a one bid league (Rogabee if he is out there can comment on that).  I think a number of teams can win including Duquesne.   I think that only Duquesne or Fordham have any chance at an at large bid if they don’t win the A10.   Duquesne and Fordham are the only two teams that survived OOC with no bad losses and quality wins.   George Mason racked up wins but no quality wins.  The rest of the teams results were either disappointing or very disappointing.

1/05/2018 7:18 pm  #11

Don't forget Workman!!!!  She began the year as the "6th Man" while Chassidy started maybe 10 games into the season - they flopped roles - SHE WAS VOTED SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR IN THE LEAGUE!!  She had some MONSTER GAMES with like 23 points 17 Rebounds (and she wasn't that big)

When the played Seton Hall in the 8-9 game - THEY WIPED THE FLOOR WITH 'Em!!!

THREE teams from the A-10 got bids that year -  St Bonnie got a first round win as an 11 seed -  GW lost a toughie in a 7-10 game.

April's Number should be hanging from the ceiling!! (Don't know if the Renovations at Palumbo might cause the teams to play elsewhere next year)  but would be GREAT to see it happen while some of the players she played with are currently playing)  

Szmoza was VERY Under-rated - did the grunt work - Could hit 3's -  

Think (due to the extra depth they could have NEXT Year's team could be comparable)   This year's team while EXCELLENT in their own right is a little short.

1/06/2018 9:49 am  #12

[b][b]So too the Dan/Suzie deal.

And Harper/Amodio.

And Gormley/Dougherty!!!
[/b][/b]  

1/06/2018 10:48 am  #13

grammudder wrote:

[b][b]So too the Dan/Suzie deal.

And Harper/Amodio.

And Gormley/Dougherty!!!
[/b][/b]  

​Aaaaa-men. Aaaaaa-aaaaaaaaa-men. Aaaa-aaaa-aaaaa-men, Amen, Amen!

Board footera