Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2018 12:41 pm  #76

Re: Game Thread - William & Mary Tribe

Simms wrote:

Coach said he is not quite there yet. He did however praise him, Lamar Norman, and Dylan Swingle. It's actually tough to have 12 good players. I could see Bizau being a big contributor in the future. It's funny to me that Swingle seemed like the biggest get when he signed, yet he is the farthest back on the depth chart. I think once Swingle slims down just a bit he will be quite the force too. Lots of talent. It's nice!

Swingle was/is a huge get. Have to remember that at the time of his signing, Mike Hughes was sitting out on two bad legs and was not able to practice. If he was not ready to roll on Saturday (and to roll so effectively), we may have seen Coach move on to one of the other bigs. Hughes and Swingle are definitely centers. While Rotroff can play the position, I don't know whether or not C or PF is his more natural position. Lots of ways to complete the puzzle. I would imagine that redshirting might be considered for some of the players who don't fit early on, particularly when we see how unbalanced our classes are going to be.

11/12/2018 12:45 pm  #77

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Long way to go this season, but what a start. Because we didn't see these players in an exhibition game, it seemed like Christmas morning to me - opened up a whole bunch of "presents" on the court and they were all really good presents.

In case you missed it, here's the link to the replay of the game on ESPN+ (well worth the $4.99 per month cost).
http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=1f04a502-cb37-40d6-af0e-d6a63963e255

Thanks for the link. I was in Quebec on Saturday, and ESPN+ does not work outside the country. I listed to Ray and Jarrett through spotty wifi connection in a crowded bar/restaurant. Watched the game this morning. Lots to like... especially the ability to regroup and pull away. Its a good time to be a Dukes fan again.

11/12/2018 12:58 pm  #78

Really excited seeing how the team played during this win. I feel like we are finally seeing what good coaching can do, feels like we've had talent but no fundamental coaching for the past decade. We all suffered through JF but I'll even say, while I love him, RE's teams were usually not fundamentally sound and relied too often on talent alone. Really hoping for a repeat performance tonight but we look like a real team and I'm becoming more optimistic for this season. 

Board footera