Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/03/2013 6:09 pm  #26

Re: Berenato OUT

pressurecooker wrote:

SMS would more than double her income if she took the Pitt job. The drive to work is the same. The conference is an upgrade. The A10 gets no respect from the NCAA for at large bids, so unless Duquesne wins the tournament or the league she doesn't get to go. Her visibility would be greater in the ACC. Some of her assistants have Pitt connections. Pitt will hire her if they think she will get the job done for them. Her PSU experience is long ago. I would be surprised if she wouldn't seriously consider the position. The fact that Pitt is close by would not stop them from interviewing her just as we had no hesitation in interviewing Danny Nee when he was at RMU.

I'm perfectly aware of the reasons why she would consider going.  I think she is the best thing DU has going for them.  I wouldn't care if she went any where but Pitt.  If she goes to Pitt, we can forget about getting any of the local talented players, as limited as they are.  

And Im with duq81 on this one. I thought it was scummy of DU to take Nee.   I suppose it is  karma, but I don't like it.  There are numerous talented coaches in America. Never a reason to raid someone 5 or 10 miles away. 

Last edited by duqkurt (4/03/2013 6:10 pm)

4/03/2013 6:27 pm  #27

It takes two to tango. Nee left. Can't raid the unwilling esp for more money, etc

4/03/2013 9:15 pm  #28

duqkurt wrote:

pressurecooker wrote:

SMS would more than double her income if she took the Pitt job. The drive to work is the same. The conference is an upgrade. The A10 gets no respect from the NCAA for at large bids, so unless Duquesne wins the tournament or the league she doesn't get to go. Her visibility would be greater in the ACC. Some of her assistants have Pitt connections. Pitt will hire her if they think she will get the job done for them. Her PSU experience is long ago. I would be surprised if she wouldn't seriously consider the position. The fact that Pitt is close by would not stop them from interviewing her just as we had no hesitation in interviewing Danny Nee when he was at RMU.

I'm perfectly aware of the reasons why she would consider going.  I think she is the best thing DU has going for them.  I wouldn't care if she went any where but Pitt.  If she goes to Pitt, we can forget about getting any of the local talented players, as limited as they are.  

And Im with duq81 on this one. I thought it was scummy of DU to take Nee.   I suppose it is  karma, but I don't like it.  There are numerous talented coaches in America. Never a reason to raid someone 5 or 10 miles away. 

My problem with the Nee thing was that he had only been there one year. I would have had no issue if he had been there 4-5 years.

Also, I told some of you who were taking great glee in Agnus' struggles, that it was not a good thing for Pitt to be so bad, just for this reason. The best thing for Duquesne was for Pitt to be average.

4/03/2013 9:17 pm  #29

Don't feel too bad for RMU. After all, they unloaded Nee. Think of it that way.

4/04/2013 7:02 am  #30

Yeah, RMU was heartbroken after losing Nee. Especially when it started hiring a string of coaches that everyone wanted.

In retrospect, the Nee hiring was worse for a whole lotta other reasons than the Bobby Mo connection.

4/13/2013 10:03 am  #31

LaurenB wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Another year, same posts.  This board recycles thoughts like the power center.

SMS can have a $5M/year contract.  If she wants to leave, and someone asks her, she is gone.  Hopefully, the dumb ass AD put some kind of buy out into her contract, so if those scumbags at Oakland poach her, we can at least get some cash.

I dont think pitt will offer 5x what she is making now.  I think pitt needs to realize the athletic dept is in shambles.  Shell leaves, Dixon gets extended for doing nothing, football program is about to get its brains beat in weekly, and the hoops team easy walks to NCAA bids are over.
If the want to spend a ton of money on a coach who has a few WNIT wins on her college coaching resume, let them.  Their program is awful.  Geno Auremema couldnt win with that team.

I dont think SMS is dumb enough to take that job.

$uzie is definitely not dumb, and $uzie loves a challenge.

Thank you Suzie, and we wish you well.

4/13/2013 10:34 am  #32

Speak for yourself. I thank her for what she's done but I hope Duquesne beats Pitt by record margins for years to come.

4/13/2013 10:48 am  #33

Everyone knows this Lauren B is a troll.  Why is this allowed?   I know it's not my board but call a spade a spade. 

Board footera