Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2019 4:17 pm  #1

Did the officials miss a basket last game?

So I like to re-watch home games when I can because there are things that are on the broadcast that I'll miss when I'm at the game.

The incident in question occurs at around 12:15 left in the 2nd half, about 1:30:21 on ESPN+.

Frankie Hughes shoots a 3 and I think it goes in. But no points are rewarded, the ball isn't taken out-of-bounds. Am I crazy here?

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/06/2019 4:20 pm  #2

Re: Did the officials miss a basket last game?

Some more context. I'm looking at the play-by-play and its registered as a miss. The announcers also missed this, which is how I noticed it didn't count because they called it how it was such a bad shot which was weird when I saw it go in.

Frankie, when he shot it, also immediately ran the other way down the court, in one of those situations where it felt so clean off the hand that he knew it went it.

Maybe a second pair of eyes on this can tell me I'm really dumb

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/06/2019 5:31 pm  #3

And the shot completely missed the rim, but hit the front of the net. Quite an illusion.

3/06/2019 6:03 pm  #4

Had to be an airball.
KD stands during the game and doesn't miss much
if anything that happens. If it's a goal and not recorded
KD would have let the officials know in a robust manner.

3/06/2019 6:12 pm  #5

I remember the shot you're talking about too and had a similar reaction. I saw him launch it from way outside early in the shot clock and did one of those "NO NO NO...oh nice shot" only that one had an extra "no that was a terrible shot" when I realized it was an airball. I definitely thought it went in initially though.

Edit: Having watched the replay I'm not sure. I thought it was from the left side, but that one was from the right. So I don't know if he had two airballs that looked like they fell or if I just misremembered it. Either way Dambrot was watching closely and just hung his head when it clanged. So if the officials missed it so did coach.

Last edited by luckymcd (3/06/2019 6:15 pm)

3/06/2019 7:54 pm  #6

I know the shot you are talking about.   I was sitting in upper deck.  It was an air ball that grazed the net.   I remember this because a lot of the crowd reacted like it was a three. 

From my vantage point it was clearly an air ball.

3/06/2019 8:06 pm  #7

Nothing but net. Unfortunately, it was the front side of the net.

3/06/2019 10:58 pm  #8

Well, that seemed to have cleared things up a bit. Thanks for your input, everyone

Board footera