Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/09/2023 7:40 am  #1

Duke’s vs WVU Score Predictions

I’m happy if the Dukes can hang within 25 in Morgantown.   
My prediction is that the Dukes will go down 45-17.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

9/09/2023 6:27 pm  #2

Re: Duke’s vs WVU Score Predictions

WVU up 14-10 in a rain delay.  Dukes SHOULD be tied at 14.
Pitt down to Cincinnati 10-7

WHERE IS EVERYBODY??!!

Last edited by coffee (9/09/2023 6:27 pm)

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

9/09/2023 8:11 pm  #3

STILL in Rain Delay (3 plus Hours)   There were a LOT of Lengthy Delays at DIFFERENT times throughout the day.  TOUGH day for the state of Delaware --  Penn St 63 Delaware 7  Army 57  Delaware St 0

9/09/2023 10:28 pm  #4

Not a bad prediction coffee. 56-17 final. There still are some positives to take away from this one though.

Obviously it’s by far the best talent we’ll face and we held our own until the weather delay. The receivers are a definite bright spot, especially Afful. I’d have to guess WVU is going to get lit up in the Big 12, but we were winning battles outside. If Perrantes had a better arm we may have been able to make a game of it.

The defense couldn’t get any penetration against a physically superior line, but the LBs were flowing to the ball to at least contain the run game until the also superior depth took over in the second half. In this kind of situation anything positive can be a confidence builder. I have to wonder if anyone has ever faced a bigger jump in competition in one week from a losing division 2 team to a power 5 team.

Last edited by luckymcd (9/09/2023 10:55 pm)

9/10/2023 11:10 am  #5

I saw the coach’s post game news conference.   The HUGE difference is that WVU used the break to fire up their team and make adjustments… I’m sure they got a slap to get them going.
Jerry Schmidt told his troops that should have been tied going into the break to take their pads off and take a nap.  What the hell??!??

Attitude and adrenaline are everything and Jerry tells the guy to go to sleep?!??  They went from playing even to sleepwalking in that 8 minutes left in the half.  Then they missed the half when they needed it against a deeper team.

He did a great job prepping the team but Knut Rockne or Bill Cowher  he ain’t.

The team DID show their amazing potential but like last year after they outplayed and should have beaten Hawaii, they can’t afford to go flat again.

Last edited by coffee (9/10/2023 11:18 am)

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

9/13/2023 9:23 am  #6

What does Coastal Carolina have?   Any chance we can pull one off there?
If anything good can come out of the wvu game, maybe we kick started them into beating pitt this weekend.

9/17/2023 3:02 pm  #7

The Dukes scored 10-points in the first half against the first team WVU Defense, while Pitt scored fewer points vs WVU in entire game! 
Enjoy that Pitt fans!

Last edited by levon1975 (9/17/2023 3:03 pm)

Board footera