Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/23/2024 9:32 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - University of Illinois Fighting Illini (NCAA TOURNAMENT)

What an absolutely amazing run!! Can't fault them tonight, they are still giving it 100% effort and fighting but Illinois is on a different level.

Nothing but love for all of them, this run has been one of the great sports experiences of my life.

This is the end of an era, it will be a brand new team next year with a new coach and mostly new players, but thank you, thank you to Coach Dambrot and all the players for this unbelievable ride!

3/23/2024 9:59 pm  #27

Played them even in the second half, but the first half was tough. Great season. Nice run at the end of the season to get to the dance. Hopefully it don't take another 47 years to get back there. Got some national attention and nice send off for KD.

3/23/2024 10:00 pm  #28

This isn't the end, it's the beginning.

3/23/2024 10:04 pm  #29

That was a lot of fun, since that loss at Fordham, we rolled thru March, MARCH!!!  That was enjoyable.   Cant complain or feel bad about tonight, that was a top tier team with a NBA dude.   

Dont cry cause its over, smile because it happened.

A lot of questions for next year, but we are on the map again.   The hundreds of players entering the portal know who Duquesne is now.   I hope we hang onto Dixon, Barre, Necas, Hronsky and the PGs.   If so, and with a new coach, good things will continue to happen.

Last edited by townsonkid (3/23/2024 10:04 pm)

3/23/2024 10:34 pm  #30

So proud of the Dukes.Wonderful season,quite a run exceeding all expectations. I received the best birthday
gift in my life.I think Dru will be a fine replacement and expect announcement on Monday. Lets go Dukes
and thank you Coach Dambrot for bringing Duquesne to the national stage.

3/24/2024 4:08 am  #31

It was a great run and couldn't be prouder or this team and Coach Dambrot. I think that the Dukes future is extremely bright and I would like to see Dru as our next coach..
Our March play was epic and everyone took part in it....it truely was a total team effort.

We now have a new A-10  Championship Banner to hang inside UPNC-Cooper Fieldhouse!!!!

And finally a BIG THANK YOU !!!! to all the Duquesne Dukes fans and supporters that have kept the faith thru all these years in the desert...we are finally rewarded for our dedication and lolalty.

Keith...,I think both Chuck and Sid would be very proad of what you have accomplished at Duqusene!!!!!

Last edited by CalDuke (3/24/2024 4:19 am)

3/24/2024 6:59 am  #32

That sure was some great March basketball by the Dukes!!.  Exceeded my expectations and makes me happy.  Players and coaches should all be proud of themselves.  I know your University and your fans are.

3/24/2024 7:40 am  #33

MikeR wrote:

I really feel the same way.  I’m happy for everyone in the Duquesne community.  And the long time fans.  It was a great season.

Looking forward to Coach Dru!

3/24/2024 7:42 am  #34

MikeR wrote:

I really feel the same way.  I’m happy for everyone in the Duquesne community.  And the long time fans.  It was a great season.

Looking forward to Coach Dru!

3/24/2024 8:06 am  #35

3/24/2024 4:45 pm  #36

So I’ve been so overjoyed with the last week that I’ve focused on that until now. I have to wonder why we had just about everyone except Clark on Shannon. The Illini were superior enough to us that it wouldn’t have changed the outcome. It seemed very curious to me though

If you’re facing one of the top scorers in the country and have a great on-ball defender, why not assign him the job. He ended up on him a few times on rotations, but I can only recall one time all game he picked him up in the half court. I thought somebody would ask about it in the presser, but the focus was on the season ending, not why it ended. Any thoughts? Or has anybody said anything about it?

3/26/2024 9:47 am  #37

Almost fully recovered from the drive to Omaha and back... what an experience. Illinois forced the ball down our throat in transition and their size and speed was too much to be matched. These last couple weeks have been nothing short of a dream. I have heard good things about Omaha being a sports town it was for sure. Being in a high major environment with Iowa State, Illinois, Washington State, and then our own Duquesne fans was surreal. Walking down the street being asked how do you pronounce that or where is that and happily giving an answer. So many people learned about our little school on the Bluff this week and that just makes me proud. I have been a big fan of the quality of character on this team and love that they are the ones taht were able to put us back on the map. There is momentum to be hopped on. 

Board footera