Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/21/2024 7:35 pm  #126

Re: Game Thread - Brigham Young University Cougars (NCAA TOURNAMENT)

BYU Dad wrote:

Congratulations on your win.

I'm not sure BYU really wanted to be there. We got robbed by the committee not putting us at the 4 seed in Salt Lake. It put a really dark cloud over the team and guys just weren't motivated.

One of our players has been fasting for religious reasons too so he was at like 25 or 50%. Some of the calls by the refs made no sense and favored one team.

are you serious with this (profanity)?

Last edited by CLK (3/21/2024 7:57 pm)

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/21/2024 7:48 pm  #127

stew wrote:

Goodness Gracious,great Balls Of Fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nothing Like This Feeling.congratulations And Much Love To Duquesne

Duquesne all day baby!

3/21/2024 7:50 pm  #128

rosceaux wrote:

BYU Dad wrote:

I'm not sure BYU really wanted to be there. We got robbed by the committee not putting us at the 4 seed in Salt Lake. It put a really dark cloud over the team and guys just weren't motivated.

One of our players has been fasting for religious reasons too so he was at like 25 or 50%. Some of the calls by the refs made no sense and favored one team.

If I had 5 wives, I’d be pretty sour too

Lol. Quote of the day Rosceaux. You'd think you'd hear a "well done Duquesne", but nothing but sorry ass excuses from a Power 5 fan base.

3/21/2024 7:52 pm  #129

yak-rbc wrote:

BYU Dad wrote:

Jesus christ jackass are you serious with this (profanity)?

Softy teams have a lot of sorry ass excuses.

3/21/2024 7:57 pm  #130

Come on guys you are Duquesne grads. Some of these responses are uncalled for and embarrassing. I don't like deleting posts but profanity is not part pf rgis Board.

3/21/2024 8:04 pm  #131

As one of the many who could not attend personally, I wish to congratulate all the Duquesne fans in Omaha and thank you for cheering on our Dukes.  That's not to diminish the importance of all the fans watching from home, but to appreciate the lift it must give the team to see DU colors in the stands  Outstanding game by coaches and players. Is this nine W's in a row?

3/21/2024 8:13 pm  #132

Tony84 wrote:

As one of the many who could not attend personally, I wish to congratulate all the Duquesne fans in Omaha and thank you for cheering on our Dukes.  That's not to diminish the importance of all the fans watching from home, but to appreciate the lift it must give the team to see DU colors in the stands  Outstanding game by coaches and players. Is this nine W's in a row?

Yeah man well said. The fans were awesome both in the A-10 tourney and today. The "Defense" and "Lets go Dukes" chants were huge. You could see the team feeding off of them. Well done. 

3/21/2024 8:49 pm  #133

Tony84 wrote:

Not just colors either. Flags, songs, and cheers loud enough that I could hear them sitting directly behind the BYU band. I’m shocked I didn’t lose my voice trying to cancel out a section of Cougar fans, but the Dukes section deserves all the praise.

3/21/2024 9:11 pm  #134

coffee wrote:

Mark Madden was hilarious ripping Pitt for chunking out of the NIT. He wants Duquesne to turn down a new City Game unless Pitt gives the Dukes 2 of 3 at the Coop.

Screw Madden!  More inches in his waistline than he has IQ points!  He's no different than the Pitt Lickers on 93.7.  He should stick to pro wrestling, which he treats like a sport!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/21/2024 9:14 pm  #135

BYU Dad wrote:

Would you care for some cheese with your "whine?"
A little advice sir, when you go on another team's board, be respectful and avoid sour grapes.
For the record, Sir, TWO of our players were fasting for Ramadan as well!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/21/2024 10:34 pm  #136

CLK wrote:

Come on guys you are Duquesne grads. Some of these responses are uncalled for and embarrassing. I don't like deleting posts but profanity is not part pf rgis Board.

Hold up now, he came here!    Idc about profanity, but dude deserved it.

3/21/2024 11:13 pm  #137

How is this for irony?  The Cougars last made the Tournament in 2021 as a 6 seed and lost to UCLA  - an 11 seed.  UCLA went on to the Final Four.     

Last edited by indygjm (3/21/2024 11:13 pm)

3/22/2024 1:24 pm  #139

3/22/2024 4:05 pm  #140

Thank you dsnyder15! What a great story about Dru, LeBron and Keith. Fantastic listen.

3/22/2024 7:43 pm  #141

Tejas_Duke wrote:

coffee wrote:

Mark Madden was hilarious ripping Pitt for chunking out of the NIT. He wants Duquesne to turn down a new City Game unless Pitt gives the Dukes 2 of 3 at the Coop.

Screw Madden!  More inches in his waistline than he has IQ points!  He's no different than the Pitt Lickers on 93.7.  He should stick to pro wrestling, which he treats like a sport!

Saw Madden at a concert  and he said F Duquesne, I was smarter when I got there than when I left.

3/27/2024 9:14 am  #142

Shot by Dru referred to by ESPN guys in the podcast:

https://youtu.be/6ffE571ocMs?si=ZayrzfX-V0LdJSV-

3/27/2024 9:45 am  #143

I have watched this youtube video many times and it reinforces my trust Dru Joyce, the right guy. A 14 year old kid,5-2 maybe 100 lbs perforning at a high level on the biggest stage ,a huge crowd,a statewide television
audience making 7-7 3 pointers in a state championship game.
Many in the crowd laughed at him because of his small size when he entered that game and his performance will resonate in Ohio high school basketball forever.

3/27/2024 9:56 am  #144

Nobody but nobody could replicate what Dru did that day. Its all about hard work,a strong belief in ones
self,confidence,poise and maturity way beyond  what a 14-15 yr old kid is capable of doing.Dru Joyce
defied the naysayers and did it.

3/27/2024 10:53 am  #145

Dsnyder15 wrote:

Shot by Dru referred to by ESPN guys in the podcast:

https://youtu.be/6ffE571ocMs?si=ZayrzfX-V0LdJSV-

Thanks for posting this, Dsnyder.  Very cool look at an incredible performance by Dru and SVSM.

3/27/2024 3:48 pm  #146

Tejas_Duke wrote:

coffee wrote:

I disagree wholeheartedly about Mark Madden.  He is nothing like the Pitt Lickers or 93.7.  He is a Duquesne grad and I respect him for not being a "fan boy" for the Dukes, that isn't his style.  He has made a significant imprint on local sports media over the years, and should have a place in the DU Hall of Fame.  If you've listened to Mark at all you might be aware that his interviewing skills are top-notch, and he is one of the best nationally. 

As for his comment at a concert, it's probably best not to approach people when they are enjoying a concert or dinner etc.  You may not always get the desired response.  

3/27/2024 3:53 pm  #147

Listen to the Hoop Collective podcast that I linked above.  It is insightful into the relationship of Dru, KD and LeBron.  One thing that is not mentioned is that KD met Dru and LeBron at the Jewish Center in Akron where he coached them before HS.

Per Windhorst from ESPN and a graduate of St Vincent-St Mary, Dru was actually 5 foot even.

One thing to keep in mind, KD coached LeBron in his formative years.  Dru and LeBron were best friends.  LeBron went to a far lesser basketball HS just to play with Dru.  I am not sure of the benefits Duquesne recieved from the relationship with LeBron, but his relationship with Dru will bring 10x that.

Last edited by Dsnyder15 (3/27/2024 4:02 pm)

3/27/2024 3:56 pm  #148

yak-rbc wrote:

BYU Dad wrote:

are you serious with this (profanity)?

Complete and utter nonsense by this BYU clown.  The Dukes won the game because they were tougher all day, and a better team.  BYU was very lucky to even be close down the stretch, but again the Dukes showed they had more toughness and grit.  BYU definitely looked soft! 
Using their religious beliefs as a crutch is absurd.  They don't mind using their "faith" to gain advantages in sports by sending their athletes on religious pilgrimages for years for the purpose of developing a more mature athlete.   

Board footera