Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/28/2024 1:00 am  #1

"Shooting Stars" (2023)

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/shooting_stars_2023

On Sunday nite I viewed the movie "Shooting Stars". It has been appearing on Peacock since its release in 2023. I had originally, archived the movie, when it first came out, but didn't actually see it till this past weekend. What I came away with....on seeing the movie is that Dru is destined to be the next and rightful Basketball Head Coach of the Duquesne Dukes. Besides being entertaining and well executed  and acted movie, "Shooting Stars" (Rotten Tomatoes Review included)  illustrates all the steps and twist & turns that life has presented to Dru,, to get to this point where he looks to be a the verge of being named the next head coach of the Dukes!

As it shows in the movie Dru never took short-cuts or made excuses for his failures and always strove for greatness. That's the kind of coach I would want to play for.....Finally,  Dru can at any point and say to a recruit or transfer "'You want to know what kind of coach I'll be?"...here you go...check out this movie" ....How cool is that?!

Last edited by CalDuke (3/28/2024 1:23 am)

3/28/2024 7:57 am  #2

Re: "Shooting Stars" (2023)

Let’s go, Mr. Harper. Make the announcement that Dru is the coach!

3/29/2024 9:28 am  #3

CalDuke wrote:

On Sunday nite I viewed the movie "Shooting Stars". It has been appearing on Peacock since its release in 2023. I had originally, archived the movie, when it first came out, but didn't actually see it till this past weekend. What I came away with....on seeing the movie is that Dru is destined to be the next and rightful Basketball Head Coach of the Duquesne Dukes. Besides being entertaining and well executed  and acted movie, "Shooting Stars" (Rotten Tomatoes Review included)  illustrates all the steps and twist & turns that life has presented to Dru,, to get to this point where he looks to be a the verge of being named the next head coach of the Dukes!

As it shows in the movie Dru never took short-cuts or made excuses for his failures and always strove for greatness. That's the kind of coach I would want to play for.....Finally,  Dru can at any point and say to a recruit or transfer "'You want to know what kind of coach I'll be?"...here you go...check out this movie" ....How cool is that?!

Bought it for $7.99 On Amazon Prime.  Not a bad movie on an important Duquesne and Akron connection.   They made Dambrot look a bit of a bad guy in one scene.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

3/29/2024 1:09 pm  #4

coffee wrote:

CalDuke wrote:

Bought it for $7.99 On Amazon Prime. Not a bad movie on an important Duquesne and Akron connection. They made Dambrot look a bit of a bad guy in one scene.

I just watched it too. It's based on a story by Lebron. It shows the great character of both Dru and his Dad. And KD's tough decision to move back into college coaching. It may not be everyone's kind of movie, but to DU fans, it tells a lot. I appreciate  Lebron a lot more after watching this film.

Board footera