Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2024 5:10 pm  #1

Brian Windhorst on Bronny James & Duquesne on Pat McAfee Show

Full Clip linked below:

Key Takeaway: Bronny is being told by NBA scouts that USC wasn't a good situation for him and that he needs to go somewhere [at the college level] where he can play point guard, not on the wing where USC played him his freshman year (important because the feedback from scouts will factor into his decision to remain in the draft or return to college)

Other Stuff

- McAfee frames the entire discussion around Bronny going to Duquesne (cool to continue to see Duquense talked about nationally)

- Windhorst was in full support of Bronny to Duquesne and Windhorst actually went to Omaha for round 1 to support Dru Joyce and the Dukes (not actual news and doesn't matter ultimately but still cool to see Duquesne spoken about so posivtively on a national show)

- Windhorst ultimately thinks Bronny will want to play somewhere closer to home...but this was just his opinion on the matter, not something he was reporting as a factor in his eventual decision 

- Segment ends with McAfee and Windhorst jokingly pitching Duqueusne to Bronny...again, just cool to hear that coming from a national show

https://x.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1781018939134288216

Last edited by TheActualDuke (4/18/2024 5:13 pm)

4/18/2024 5:29 pm  #2

Re: Brian Windhorst on Bronny James & Duquesne on Pat McAfee Show

Great stuff. Thank you for posting this.

4/18/2024 9:38 pm  #3

If the scouts think he needs to play point at the college level Duquesne would be a good fit.

4/19/2024 8:21 am  #4

" Tommy Boy"
 https://www.si.com/college/usc/usc-basketball-why-bronny-is-at-risk-of-becoming-nbas-own-tommy-boy-ak1987

Along the same lines of thinking.....Bronny would benefit from a extra year of being the primary ball handler-distributor and scorer for a good D1 basketball team. The thing I'm getting, is there's alot of pressure and high expectations that have been (unfairly) foisted on Bronny shoulders. I certainly don't envy his position and circumstances. My God... it must be exhausting , to always be in LeBron's HUGE shadow ?!

I hope he does what's best for  Bronny...and no one else. 

Go Dukes !!!

Last edited by CalDuke (4/19/2024 10:20 am)

4/19/2024 8:37 am  #5

I am starting to believe that the PG spot is being held for Bronny.

4/19/2024 9:46 am  #6

I think Bronny is going pro, his dad is pushing this.A year at Duquesne. would be a good choice.Bronny
has a limited time in basketball.A college degree allows him to make a lot of choices in his life after basketball. 
 2 or 3 years with Lakers and then what? 

4/19/2024 10:01 am  #7

Bronny could be a decent player in NBA and then again maybe not. Do you live being known as Lebrons son for the rest of your life or do you create a life thats fulfilling on your own terms.He is in a tough spot.

4/19/2024 10:04 am  #8

stew wrote:

I think Bronny is going pro, his dad is pushing this.A year at Duquesne. would be a good choice.Bronny
has a limited time in basketball.A college degree allows him to make a lot of choices in his life after basketball. 

I think he was but as Windy said in the interview, LeBron is no longer pushing the idea of playing with his son like he was before, likely because he knows Bronny isn't a sure thing nba player and doesn't want to push him into the nba only to have him be out of a job in 2 years when LeBron retires. 

LeBron has a big ego and their are things about him that I find annoying, but I do believe he genuinely cares for his kids and wants whats best for them. I think he sees that forcing him into the league so they can play together for a year or 2 would essentially be stealing Bronny's college career and any chance at a real nba career from him and would be basically turning him into a prop for his own legacy. 

4/19/2024 10:05 am  #9

Bronny is not LeBron. If he's hearing advice to play at least one year as a starter in college, he would be wise to do that. If he does that and has a good-but-not-great year, then another year would be the smart choice.

4/19/2024 10:07 am  #10

The road less traveled might be the best journey for Bronny

4/19/2024 12:35 pm  #11

Windhorst actually lives in Omaha.  It was a short trip for him.

TheActualDuke wrote:

Full Clip linked below:

Key Takeaway: Bronny is being told by NBA scouts that USC wasn't a good situation for him and that he needs to go somewhere [at the college level] where he can play point guard, not on the wing where USC played him his freshman year (important because the feedback from scouts will factor into his decision to remain in the draft or return to college)

Other Stuff

- McAfee frames the entire discussion around Bronny going to Duquesne (cool to continue to see Duquense talked about nationally)

- Windhorst was in full support of Bronny to Duquesne and Windhorst actually went to Omaha for round 1 to support Dru Joyce and the Dukes (not actual news and doesn't matter ultimately but still cool to see Duquesne spoken about so posivtively on a national show)

- Windhorst ultimately thinks Bronny will want to play somewhere closer to home...but this was just his opinion on the matter, not something he was reporting as a factor in his eventual decision 

- Segment ends with McAfee and Windhorst jokingly pitching Duqueusne to Bronny...again, just cool to hear that coming from a national show

https://x.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1781018939134288216

4/19/2024 10:46 pm  #12

stew wrote:

I’m not sure if you are being sarcastic or not.  A college degree provides Bronny with nothing other than a possible sense of satisfaction. It’s not like he will be applying for jobs at some point in his life.  He is and will remain wealthy beyond most of our imaginations. If he flames out in the pros his prospects are endless as he could start any business he chooses, be a real estate mogul, start an entertainment production company, possibly own a professional sports franchise or live in the lap of luxury without any responsibility ever - a college degree would be meaningless in any and all scenarios.

If he dos return to college it will be solely to better his game.  Duquesne is as good a place as any for that purpose so I see it as a possibility.  I have it on good authority that Bronny’s little brother is visiting Duquesne this summer. I don’t know the family dynamic but if they have a good relationship then the possibility exists that we get Bronny for at least 2 years.  It’s fun to speculate but every day that he does not commit elsewhere makes it more likely he comes to Duquesne.

Board footera