Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/23/2024 3:23 pm  #1

Walking on to the NCAA Tournamnet - An Article About Jake Dimichele

Spencer Thomas from the Duquesne Duke has been doing a fantastic job with his coverage as the sports editor of the paper. 

Walking on to the NCAA Tournament • The Duquesne Duke (duqsm.com)

The article states Dimichele had to pay "full tuition" but I recall Keith Dambrot on the 3 bid league podcast stating that since Dimichele was a 4.0 student, they were able to get him some pretty substantial scholarships even though it wasn't an athletic full-ride.

4/23/2024 4:50 pm  #2

Re: Walking on to the NCAA Tournamnet - An Article About Jake Dimichele

BluffHunter wrote:

Spencer Thomas from the Duquesne Duke has been doing a fantastic job with his coverage as the sports editor of the paper. 

The article states Dimichele had to pay "full tuition" but I recall Keith Dambrot on the 3 bid league podcast stating that since Dimichele was a 4.0 student, they were able to get him some pretty substantial scholarships even though it wasn't an athletic full-ride.

DiMichele is that rare guy, like TJ was. His court vision is exceptional, and his shots in the paint are so rare, he is a gift to any team. He is the glue to any top team. And most importantly, he is ours!

4/23/2024 9:51 pm  #3

Re: Walking on to the NCAA Tournamnet - An Article About Jake Dimichele

NapaDuke wrote:

BluffHunter wrote:

DiMichele is that rare guy, like TJ was. His court vision is exceptional, and his shots in the paint are so rare, he is a gift to any team. He is the glue to any top team. And most importantly, he is ours!

Totally agree that DiMichele is the ultimate glue-type player and I love his motor and oncourt savy that always seems to allow him, to be, at the right place, at the right time. It's rather uncanny and unexplicable ??!!!. It's like he's everywhere.... I see Necus in the very same light, as a  very similar glue- type-guy, because of his versatility to play multiple positions and like DiMichele ...always seems to make the right play, at the right time.

DiMichele needs to improve is his 3-point percentage. From what I see , he has to get his shot-off faster, on his catch and shoot. Just seems to take too long to get his shot off. I wander if it's just a simple, matter of just releasing the shot sooner??? I wander if someone more knowlegable has some insights????

Last edited by CalDuke (4/24/2024 6:00 am)

Board footera