Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/23/2024 12:50 pm  #26

Re: Official Visits This Weekend

There are many questions on why the Dukes haven't signed anyone yet.  There are many of you who are excellent in following the players that visited plus I am not on twitter.  Maybe they just haven't made up their mind yet until they take all of their visits.  For those of you who know how to follow the recruits, did any of them that visited us already commit to another school?
Go Dukes

4/23/2024 1:56 pm  #27

Great question FAM👍That’s how this board should work.

4/23/2024 1:58 pm  #28

FAM wrote:

There are many questions on why the Dukes haven't signed anyone yet.  There are many of you who are excellent in following the players that visited plus I am not on twitter.  Maybe they just haven't made up their mind yet until they take all of their visits.  For those of you who know how to follow the recruits, did any of them that visited us already commit to another school?
Go Dukes

Of the five confirmed visits that I have seen, I don't believe any of them have committed elsewhere. I think, with all of the changes to NIL and other rules, it is not as simple to get a signature on the dotted line these days. A lot of negotiating. 

4/23/2024 3:28 pm  #29

We need a couple of guards. Not a lot but two. Everyone else can come in as freshman and still this is a top A-10 team. This team should be Bonny's dream team to come to, and I would hope he is smart enough to get here,  but just like Dae Dae and especially Clark, this was the best place to come to if you are a guard with some talent and experience.  But now, we just won the A-10 and are returning most of the talent to get there again next year. Dae Dae and Clark risked coming here when we where coming off of one of the worst seasons in DU history. If Bonny wants to make a name for himself, he had better commit to DU. But, from my view,  any guard coming here is going to get a lot of credit for running a team returning enough talent to win the A-10 and run deep in the NCAA next year. Heck USC was ranked far lower in the final AP polls than Duquesne. Due Joyce was a very successful point guard in the pros and now he is a top coach to coach any point guard that comes in here next year. Norm Nixon played here and was drafted by the Lakers, so it's not a far fetch to see Bonny come here and get there.

4/23/2024 4:58 pm  #30

Samford Transfer Guard AJ Staton-McCray commits to Florida Atlantic University.

4/23/2024 5:22 pm  #31

What a disappointing off-season it’s been. Are we ever going to sign anyone?

4/23/2024 5:31 pm  #32

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Samford Transfer Guard AJ Staton-McCray commits to Florida Atlantic University.

Disappointing, but a lot of mid major guys usually don't sign far from home when they are transferring to another mid major. I'm most excited about Dinkins, Corbett, Crawford, and the big guy from Monmouth (his name escapes me). Do hope we grab a quality transfer or 2 soon. Feels like there's more pressure in off season signings than there is in actual games. It's crazy man. Maybe a quality Juco or 2 will come our way as well. Here's hoping. Go Dukes all day.

4/23/2024 6:11 pm  #33

Thanks Phoenix, glad we are getting some info.  Hmm...Florida, sun, beaches,..yuk!
Pittsburgh...rain, cold, rain, snow, rain, rain...Hmm...can't figure out why he chose Florida.  

Last edited by FAM (4/23/2024 6:13 pm)

4/23/2024 6:27 pm  #34

FAM wrote:

Thanks Phoenix, glad we are getting some info.  Hmm...Florida, sun, beaches,..yuk!
Pittsburgh...rain, cold, rain, snow, rain, rain...Hmm...can't figure out why he chose Florida.  

I would not want a kid that thinks that way. Basketball is an inside sport. It's not football in November. I would like to see kids that see the potential here, not the sunshine. Basketball is not played on a beach. Real BB players come to a school to play BB, not to play on the beaches.

4/23/2024 6:32 pm  #35

FAM wrote:

Southern guys just like the hot muggy weather and despise any cold weather. Their bones can't take a little northeastern chill which isn't even much of a chill compared to the old days when you actually got some decent snow. Where I am from and not far from Buffalo and Canisius a hundred inches of snow is nothing. You got this Dinkins. 

4/23/2024 6:38 pm  #36

NapaDuke wrote:

FAM wrote:

I would not want a kid that thinks that way. Basketball is an inside sport. It's not football in November. I would like to see kids that see the potential here, not the sunshine. Basketball is not played on a beach. Real BB players come to a school to play BB, not to play on the beaches.

Nailed it. Where I grew up you played hoops outside all year round even in below freezing temps. Toughened you up and made you feel alive. You didn't feel the elbow hitting your eye and delivered it at random. I want tough kids that grew up in tough areas, not a bunch of softies. When you got indoors it was just icing on the cake and you could easily separate the tough kids from the softies.

4/23/2024 7:57 pm  #37

Actually according to his tweet, he is going home to play in his home town. Wish him all the best.

I am hoping we hear some good news on recruiting soon. I would love to see us get Dinkins and Edwards.

4/24/2024 6:51 am  #38

Is it possible that Coach Dru knows the Bronny is coming here and delaying announcing others until that is official?

4/24/2024 7:20 am  #39

Mulder wrote:

Is it possible that Coach Dru knows the Bronny is coming here and delaying announcing others until that is official?

I am not sure about that.  The trend seems to be the player makes the announcement via his twitter or instagram account when he feels it is appropriate.

4/24/2024 7:51 am  #40

I actually wonder if we are waiting to see if Bronny is coming. If so, it may put us on another level of recruiting where we can get a higher caliber of player(s) given the national attention.  So I think our delay in signing is more related to evaluating the level that we can bring in based on success of the last season. 

Once we started making these commitments it puts us on a path for other recruitments.  We have an opportunity to make a statement with the early signings that in my opinion sets the course for the rest.

The first few need to be next level.

4/24/2024 9:41 am  #41

We need multiple shooters.    But it would be nice to get someone soon.   I really dont care what position, we just need so many, it would be nice to get moving.   Heck, it can be a HS kid.   

4/24/2024 10:42 am  #42

CTS wrote:

I actually wonder if we are waiting to see if Bronny is coming. If so, it may put us on another level of recruiting where we can get a higher caliber of player(s) given the national attention.  So I think our delay in signing is more related to evaluating the level that we can bring in based on success of the last season. 

Once we started making these commitments it puts us on a path for other recruitments.  We have an opportunity to make a statement with the early signings that in my opinion sets the course for the rest.

The first few need to be next level.

That is a good question. It is my understanding that a player has until May 28th to withdraw from the Draft to retain his college eligibility. That is an eternity in today's Portal World, where kids have only until May 1st to enter the Portal. I guess a player could announce hus college decision and stay in the draft to see what happens until May 28th. Really is very quiet.

4/24/2024 3:22 pm  #43

Board footera